The Next Generation For those ages 15-25.

Psycho dad?

Old 05-13-2006, 12:06 PM
Peter94
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Psycho dad?

Is anyone elses dad completely crazy? I woke up this morning to my dad yelling at me about the gas line for the boat. I used the boat last june (yes, like 11 months ago) and somehow the gas line that goes from the tank to the motor wound up under the tank and had a flat spot in it. Basically because last year i bought a new hose for it because the old one was all hard, well, this one sat outside with the gas tank on it and got all hard with a flat spot in it. My older brother came down to borrow our gas line because his had a leak in it. Well, since this one sat outside and got all hard and had a flat spot in it my dad immediatly blamed me. Like I did it on purpose or something. He went outside with it so i figured i'd get out of bed and try and help him. I went outside and he was standing there by my older brother with the boat line in his hand. He started saying stuff about how i never take care of his stuff and i just wreck anything it touch. I told him i was sorry and I would replace it since they are only like 14$. He said that wasn't good enough and kept going on about how I always wreck everything. I told him to settle down and he said "dont tell me to settle down you smart ***" then i said i didnt even do anything and told him to lay off. He then said "dont tell me what to do" and i said well just chill out then and he pushed me, then i pushed him back, then he slaped me then i pushed him on his butt in the garden then he got up and grabbed hold of my shirt and ripped it and gashed my neck, i punched him in the face and knocked the lense out of his glasses and my brother broke it up. Needless to say i'm sitting at my GF's house, and my dad just called me and told me that he's going to set my stuff by the garage door and if it isnt picked up within a week it's going to be sitting outside. He also said on monday he's dropping insurance on both of my vehicles. So basically i'm kicked out of my house. I have an apartment lined up for august 1's for when i move out for college. What do i do until then? Anyone else's parents act like this?

Old 05-13-2006, 12:56 PM
bf250
Post Fiend
heck dude, you survived this long, another few months won't hurt. i don't have any answer for you why anybody acts like this, materialism? unhappy with themselves? who knows.

i went through similar situation years ago, pretty much a divorce when i just runed 18 left me and my mom about homeless (lived in an old slide in camper on a lot in north florida) no electric, shower by a hose, really screwed up my high school education and wanting to go to college. all in the mean while, my dad with his "new" family were living quite well in a nice house and all the luxuries.

but i joined up the military, you got college, so no probs.

just concentrate on college, don't let that oportunity slip by, i am starting college this fall, but 12 years later than i wanted to.

Old 05-13-2006, 07:40 PM
BigF350
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Peter,

Take it easy, but I would say if your father is acting like that - it isn't an enviroment you want to be around.
Don't do anything rash at all. We are always here if you need to discuss anything

Old 05-14-2006, 06:55 AM
bigdaddyII
Postmaster
I really hate to say this but after reading this it seems to me that you deserved that slap. So, maybe your dad was just having a bad day and jumps on you for something (whose dad didnt), instead of leaving well enough alone you continue to smart off to him and even after the first warnings of getting your *** whipped you continue to spew off at the mouth.
then i said i didnt even do anything and told him to lay off.
That would have been as far as I would have gotten with my dad. No I didnt grow up in an abusive household, but dammit I learned respect, and I feel that I am a better person for it. Sorry if I got this all wrong, but when my dad started bitching about me tearing stuff up and losing tools and what not, it was because I did. [bigdaddyII steps of soapbox]

Old 05-14-2006, 07:15 AM
captain p4
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EVer think the dad should learn some respect too, bigdaddy? Peter is old enough to be going to college, i think at this point there should be some mutual respect. He offered to pay for it and fix it, what else could he do?

Sorry to hear about your situation, I'd say go back and try to work it out, but I know I couldn't do that at this point. Good luck with whatever happens.

Paul

Old 05-14-2006, 08:08 AM
jgc2521
Elder User
didn't you say taht you bout the gas hose, well it's yours not his, whys he gettin mad at you for something that is yours, you lurned not to put it under the gas again, so, sounds like dad had a bad day

Old 05-14-2006, 12:20 PM
Hillbillywagon
Senior User
I remember getting hit by my dad once when I was growing up. I dont remember what the argument was about, but I do remember that he was drunk (he is an alcoholic) I was about 16 at the time and he hauled off and decked me.

I looked at him told him I was moving out and that if he ever laid another hand on me again I would level him. He tried to hit me again and I gave him a hay-maker and leveled him, (I was always a pretty big boy from playing football lifting and working on farms and such) carried my stuff out to my truck and stayed at my moms in her little one bedroom apartment with her for a few weeks till I found my own place.

I didn't talk to my dad till I turned 22 and he somehow got my number and called to apologize. At best our relations are still strained. I will give him credit for one thing though. He showed me exactly what I didn't want to be when I grew up.

I do believe in spankings when they are given as a corrective discipline but anything more than a simple spanking is abuse and I will not tolerate it.

Last edited by Hillbillywagon; 05-14-2006 at 12:24 PM.
Old 05-14-2006, 12:30 PM
bigdogxl2000
Freshman User
i don't always get along with my dad but we fight and all that but when it comes down to it we do get into a real fight (im twice as big as my dad so u can guess who wins more often than not) but we wind up having a cold one later thats what you need to do is talk to him and if he is still being an edit then leave him alone and let him be a edit

Last edited by Beast12; 05-14-2006 at 12:48 PM. Reason: removed prick and ahole
Old 05-14-2006, 01:33 PM
southpaw
Junior User
Ahhh. That brings back such fond memories. Not.
When it comes to responsibility or 'blame' for what happened there - that would be dad. He's the adult parent and you're the kid - a kid that can throw a punch.
If you're interested in having a better or less violent relationship then throwing verbal and non-verbal punches isn't going to get you there.
Here's the short version from my my experience (climb up on soapbox). In my family I could **** off my dad effortlessly and lots of times I didn't know how I did it. It was like pushing buttons. He could do the same to me.
It bothered me though. I spent a lot of time and money on drinking, drugs and just generally screwing up til I was ready to change how I acted and lived. (I needed some help with that by the way). Just a couple of the things I learned... I can't fix anything unless I admit that its broke and the only person I can change is myself.
My dad never changed or apologized and finally died of cancer. But the cool thing was I didn't need it from him. He was just a man. How to put this? I loved the guy but hated some of actions. He was capable of doing some really good, even heroic things and just as capable of being one evil dude. And I'm capable of the same... cuz I've done it. But its not the life I want for me or my wife and kid.
Having a fist fight in the backyard with dad means your relationship is busted. Good luck in how you deal with it. I'd think about talking to a school counselor.
I gotta quit watchin' Dr. Phil.
South

Old 05-14-2006, 05:55 PM
soundwave
Laughing Gas
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I really felt bad to read this post. I hope all works out, Pete.

Old 05-14-2006, 07:11 PM
JD717
Elder User
I think your dad was just having a bad day, and what happened was the last straw. what you could have done, and shoulda done too, is when he pushed you the first time, to not retaliate and be the bigger man by walking away and just letting him calm down. I hope everything works out for you sooner or later.

Old 05-14-2006, 08:49 PM
76 F-150 390FE
Posting Guru
both of my parents are crazy. my mom told me i had 2 weeks to get out last summer, now she swares she didnt tell me to leave and i remeber her words exactly "get out in 2 weeks, hell ill help you pack your bags and load up". so i moved in with my dad and hes just as flakey. he has told me many times to pack my crap and leave, he has threatend to burn my truck, kick my *** (which he couldent do, hes lays around on his *** all day and im taller and stronger than he is), and send me back to my moms house. that normally happens once every week or 2. just the other day i came home from school and he was all in my crap becuase i didnt walk down stairs to ask him to move his truck i stood at the top of the stairs and asked him, and i asked him if something happend today to **** him off and he was like "you came home". my dad isn't dumb enough to lay a hand on me though. he knows im bigger and that i will fight back and he'll end up on his *** wondering what hit him. he will get in my face and scream but he will never even raise a hand at me. but then some days we get along like we are best friends.

Last edited by 76 F-150 390FE; 05-14-2006 at 08:55 PM.
Old 05-14-2006, 08:50 PM
handyman43358
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm now 18 and haven't ever fought with my father.

My dad when he was my age drank a lot, and my grandfather didn't like it. Needless to say, my dad and my grandfather fought once. Mind you, my grandfather built houses all his life, so his arms were the size of most peoples legs. 3 weeks later, Dad's bruises disappeared and he got the keys to his Torino back.

Now I may be 6 foot 185, and my dad is 5 foot 9, 145, but I know a lot better than to fight with him. I may be bigger, but by all means, he is stronger. And much smarter!

Give your pops time to cool down. If he knows whats best for him and you he will bring you back home.

Old 05-15-2006, 03:15 AM
A_G
Posting Guru
The simple fact is, You cant have two roosters in a hen house.

I fight with my dad all the time, Mostly arguing, But about a week or two ago. I was skipping class (long story) and he found out, and it was on. he cheap shotted me, i knock him on his ***. then about an hour later, We were both watching jerry springer and enjoying a beer. Wierd huh?

My dad is 5 11 and im 6 4, he weighs 175 i way 190, Our power to wieght ratio is pretty much matched.

So the simple thing is, the older you get, The more this is probably going to happen.

Your parents pay insurance on two of your cars, dang. Id be kissing ther ***, I pay for my truck and insurance and gas.
200 bucks on the truck, about 170 on insurance, and about 100+ bucks a week on gas.

Peace, out,
Anthony

ps. telling him to lay off and chill out, Was your own damn fault. my dad would have leveled my *** for that. you got it good, you deserved it.

Last edited by A_G; 05-15-2006 at 03:18 AM.
Old 05-15-2006, 03:37 AM
nonosh
New User
i dont think you guys understand how serious his situation is here. some of you say try to work it out and others say just relax and go talk to him. dude, he ended up laying a fist on his dad's face. well myself i have never even been close to end up into a brawl with my dad, but i sure as hell know how it feels when things don't work out at all in certain situations. just this morning my dad went screaming on my *** just because he didn't agree with my sentence structure as i was typing a letter for him (mind you we're an Armenian family and my dad moved to the states from jordan back in the 80s). so the stubborn ******* was arguing over the english language with his son that was born and raised in los angeles. psycho indeed.

well anyway, i must say i really do wish you the best of luck...i mean i've dreamed of moving out of my house but i'm only an 18 (soon to be 19) year old full-time college freshman with no job that commutes to school...i can't really support myself till i graduate and start off my career. but you seem to be pretty smart with your decisions (finding a place already? incredible!).

hang in there brother

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Psycho dad?