Any house seekers out there!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 10:11 AM
xtrford
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any house seekers out there!

What a friggin crazy market! The wife and I are looking to upgrade to a bigger
house here in Calgary, and of coarse we couldn't have picked a better time...yeeeesh! Happened to us back in 98 when we bought our first house, same sellers market where a house would go within a few days...now it is a matter of hours, and on top of that the average house is getting 10-40k above listing price, can you say silent auction! I really startin to consider out of town property just to get out of the craziness here.

Old 05-10-2006, 05:41 PM
mustange70
Post Fiend
Yep, thats why i love the farm , plus you actually get to have a yard and a shop to work on our fords too.

Old 05-10-2006, 08:21 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
We have lots of houses from Crossfield North with a not bad commute.

Innisfail is only a 60 minute drive from Deerfoot & 17 th ave.

Crossfield - 25 minutes
Carstairs - 35 minutes
Didsbury - 40 minutes
Olds -50 minutes

You can get a huge house & yard for $120,000

Old 05-11-2006, 02:43 PM
xtrford
Posting Guru
How far from Airdrie is Crossfield Dennis? We were considering Airdrie but it seems the market has spread to the surrounding towns close to Calgary, I am not too concerned about the commute but my wife works downtown and she is worried about taking too much time to get home.

Old 05-11-2006, 04:24 PM
Mil1ion
New User
about 8 minutes overpass to overpass.

Old 05-12-2006, 11:43 AM
seventyseven250
Lead Driver
Received 435 Likes on 320 Posts
Yep, I bought in january, and I was lucky to miss a lot of this insanity. A pal of mine just sold a 900 square foot condo in bridlewood for $240,000. Nuts.

I'm predicting a real estate downturn in a few years. Of course that won't help if you want to buy now.
The good news is that your exisitng house will sell for the inflated price as well.

Old 05-12-2006, 08:50 PM
xtrford
Posting Guru
And that is where the problem lies, sell while the going is good and splurge and find yourself in a pickle when interest rates decide to take a big hike up...if I only had a crystal ball!

Old 05-15-2006, 11:16 AM
Ringo Fonebone
Posting Guru
I have been in the housing industry since 1978, first in Calgary and the last 6 years here in Lethbridge. this is just like 1979 all over again, and everyone thought then it would crash, but no one knew when or why.
So, here are the circumstances required.

1) Liberal Government. They always side with the friggin' Eastern provinces when Alberta is doing well, saying "Those nasty people in Alberta are making too much money, lets take this pin and see if we can pop their balloon".

2) High interest rates, also see above

3) Another half-baked scam to steal our oil money and distribute it to Quebec... It's starting to look like even Harper is in on this one. The last one in, 1981, killed Calgary's market as dead as a door nail.
I can still imagine Trudeau just peeing himself laughing at the big kick in the nuts he delivered Alberta then.
Good riddance, Pierre, I hope the worms have licked your bones clean by now.

Last edited by Ringo Fonebone; 05-15-2006 at 11:20 AM.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:26 AM
Mil1ion
New User
I think SH is trying to do what he stated when trying to get elected: that Provinces should do more on their own with less interference from the FEDS and transfer payments from the provinces.

It will take time to undo the corruption that was Quebec vs other Canadian's Money.

Obviously thanks to my DAD,I bought a house before the insanity.

Nice houses around here go for $140,000.

Old 05-17-2006, 08:27 PM
websthes
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mil1ion
It will take time to undo the corruption that was Quebec vs other Canadian's Money.
hold on now

the sponsorship scandal was liberals funelling money to other liberals, not the province of quebec. if that was ottawa's charity we obviously didn't want any cuz last i checked, the bloc cleaned up and the liberals are toast, even in the english ridings.

want to talk about corruption look at S. Harper.

-why did he need the seperatists to pass his budget?
-why does the quebec government get to tax the new baby bonus but not any other province where it goes 100% to the recipient?

look at what's happening. in ontario where harper isn't up against a regional party, the check goes 100% to the family. in quebec where they face a strong regional party as well as dividing the federalist vote with the liberals, and have little chance of unseating the bloc, they're letting the provincial government tax the baby bonus. so much for integrity.

Old 05-17-2006, 11:42 PM
Mil1ion
New User

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I didn't anything about the spionsorship scandal.
I;'m talking aboyut th years of The Liberals Giving the bulk of transfer payments to the province of Quebec Period

The philosophy seemed to be "Take from Alberta and Ontario and give it to Quebec"

want to talk about corruption look at S. Harper.

Because the other 2 useless parties are Tax and Spend parties and wanted to keep Taxing and shelling out the money to useless ideas,they get from over-taxation.

-why does the quebec government get to tax the new baby bonus but not any other province where it goes 100% to the recipient?

AFAIK, That's not true ...Every province will tax the $100.00/month per child under 5 credit, where do you read only Quebec will ?
At least that's what people in Alberta have been saying

look at what's happening. in Ontario where harper isn't up against a regional party,
Huh ? what does this mean ?
Harpers party is Federal and wants the provinces to look after more of their own responsibilities.
The Federal Liebrals & NPD Parties just want to stay the corrupted Tax and spend course

the check goes 100% to the family. in quebec where they face a strong regional party as well as dividing the federalist vote with the liberals, and have little chance of unseating the bloc, they're letting the provincial government tax the baby bonus. so much for integrity.

Fact : People in Central Canada aren't used to see an Economist run the country.
They are more used to seeing a corrupt Liberla party that squanders away Billions of TAXPAYERS (Across Canada) Money

How many times has the bloc helped the Liebrals with their vote ?
Duceppe is only cares about ONE Thing !
That's Look after Quebec ONLY !

SH "an economist" (not a Quebec weasel Lawyer) wants to restore Fairness to Canada as a whole.

Once the provinces are more on their own (as per SH's proposal) as they should be,the Federal government will go back to doing what it was supposed to do in the first place.
Look after Federal related things.

Remember this, No matter what part of the country people come from ...as far as Liberal MPs are concerned for the past 40+ years the People of Canada have been respresented by the most Lying corrupt Liberal governments this country has ever seen,

and
Because of what the remaining MP's have been part of for the last 13 years,They should all just sit in the H of C holding their heads in shame with their mouths shut in disgrace
These are the people without Integrity.

Another note:
Why did SH appoint that guy to the senate and to also represent Montreal ?

So the people of Monteal will be represented by a stand up guy and be treated fairly not the corrupted way the Liebrals did

So you have no idea how lucky were are to have voted in the Conservatives.

But, They too will discover the wrath of the voters if thay ever screw up like the liebrals did .

Old 05-18-2006, 08:18 AM
Mil1ion
New User

I forgot to also answer with this:

Because too many idiots in the Toronto area never voted for Harper's team therefore ended up Harper heading a Minority Government instead of a getting a majority where he wouldn't need the Bloc to support him.

Just like the Liebrals needed the Bloc and as many others to help pass their expensive taxing budget in 2005 (remember the $6 mil deal with the NDP)

How about people,especially Central Canadians ,Give harper and his team TIME that they DESERVE to show Canadians they are going to clean up the federal government from decades of corruption ?

Old 05-18-2006, 03:21 PM
xtrford
Posting Guru
Atta boy Dennis!

Old 05-18-2006, 08:34 PM
Mil1ion
New User
It has been so hot there these last couple of days I've had to turn the Air Cnditioning on in the house.Tonight will be no exception

Old 05-19-2006, 10:09 AM
Ringo Fonebone
Posting Guru
Give 'em hell Dennis! It is quite warmish out eh?

Just so Websthes and other Canucks don't get the wrong idea of us Westerners, (which they probably have had already,) I love this country, all the parts of it I have seen. Quebec is one of our most beautiful provinces, rivalled only by BC for beauty, and lunatics for politicians. But we are more than a little upset that, when Ontario is doing good, it's supposed to be good for the whole country (not),

Conversely, when Alberta is doing good, the vultures are flying overhead waiting to pick our bones, because they know that if the Liberals get in again, they will be stumbling over themselves to kill us dead (again), and steal our wallets (again).
Why do you think there isn't a single Federal Liberal elected in Alberta?
Why do you think there were damn near riots from the people who had to suffer here under the Dictator Trudeau when they tried to re-name a mountain near Banff after the Scumbag?

I can think of a sewage treatment plant they should name "Pierre Trudeau Park.." Thats the best I can do. They could put a statue of him out in the middle of the turd lake holding pond. The Landfill could be named "Jean Chretien Wildlife Area"

RF

Last edited by Ringo Fonebone; 05-19-2006 at 10:41 AM.