I got an Easter present!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 09:29 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I got an Easter present!

(I also got blitzed out of my mind...)
Yesterday a momma dog with a litter of pups was found down at Richardsons Landing - Mommy is a small black Labrador and I'm keeping her. One of the pups looked kind of Chow, but there was a male that was a pure dyed in the wool chocolate lab (Red nose, grey eyes, and all), and there was a black one.

The pups have gone to real good homes, and I hope whoever dumped them off at the river gets dumped INTO the river...

I've named the momma dog "Sasha" after the dog in Alices Restaurant - it kinda fits, especially with my screwy sense of humor.

And then the Dolan family had a country style wedding reception at the old cotton gin across the way. I found out about it while I was walking the Pups - ain't no mistaking a band doing a sound check! All went well until someone picked the half full beer out of my hand and proceeded to fill it back up out of a gallon bottle of Jose Cuervo...

You know what was expected, you also know what I did. DOOM ON ME, I up ended it down my neck and am still not sure how or when I walked home

Heck of a band though - "Southern Nights". I let 'em know I troubleshoot electronics and I just might see an amp or two come by to be fixed.

I had a great weekend!

Last edited by Greywolf; 04-16-2006 at 09:33 PM.
Old 04-16-2006, 10:10 PM
maples01
Logistics Pro
Received 89 Likes on 85 Posts
Shortly after returning home from the in laws, kid on a bicycle ran into our F-150, while I was in the front yard, no I'm sorry or anything. Kid was from the party at the neighbors house, one of them had the nerve to say it's fine, it's just junk anyhow. What ever happened to respect others property, what if I had felt like banging their cars lining the street out front. Wife got mad and told her to shut her smart mouth, damn kids, she's a teen, no one apologized, no supprize, friggin getto. I have no dents or damage except for in the bedsides, I'm in the process of fixing it up, I don't need more damage to fix, especially where there is none.

Old 04-16-2006, 10:30 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Now THAT sucks...

I wonder about the "People of Today". What do they think they are buying? Do they think that just because they paid way too damn much for what they drive, it makes it special?

In ten years they will junk what they have now, and in fifty years your truck will still be around and well taken care of.

So WHO IS driving the piece of JUNK???

"Live better than your adversaries", Mark. It's the best revenge of all...

Old 04-16-2006, 10:42 PM
maples01
Logistics Pro

They can choke on it, I'm just waiting for them to do something to my van next, I'm sick of it, damn getto.

Old 04-16-2006, 11:21 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Look like a hard core truck to me!

My big ones are parked now. Too expensive to fuel.
But I didn't necessarily want them to be everyday trucks in the first place,
come to think of it.

Old 04-16-2006, 11:42 PM
maples01
Logistics Pro
Going to fuel it on E-85, drive it on the weekends, I can't afford to fuel any, my van is killing me and her Bronco II is in no way getting better mileage, everything gets 11 MPG I guess. I plan to take down the mileage on the F-150 and start calculating the MPG, but will need to find out how to get the miles corrected, due to oversize tires, speed is 10 MPH slow on the speed-o.

Old 04-17-2006, 11:46 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Yup. I know that's right.

I figured I came home two years ago at the legal speed limit in the blue truck.
Turns out I torched through Arizona with three engines in the bed at ninety five or better all the way (I forgot the dang speedo correction factor).

I thought those other people were kinda slow...

Why did the tire tread wear so fast?

Because Super Swamper TSL's are not speed rated for that...

Last edited by Greywolf; 04-17-2006 at 11:50 PM.