The Next Generation For those ages 15-25.

Cop advice

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 03:31 PM
bassproguy07
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cop advice

Ok last night I went to a party and it ended up gettin busted. I wasnt drunk or nuthing so i didnt get in trouble, but i have a word of advice for all out there, the truth gets you everywhere no matter what. I told the truth and they let me go home without nething

Old 04-08-2006, 07:24 PM
jake00
FTE is my crack
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's the best when your at a party and youre legal to drink.... just keep drinkin, the cops shorten the line at the keg.....

In college, we'd party at a certian house, and when the tennants wanted to clear the place out except for thier freinds, a simple call to the cop shop was all it took. they couldn't let the freshmen drink ALL thier beer

Old 04-08-2006, 07:33 PM
Nathane
Elder User
Rookie...

I'll tell the truth, slightly bent twords a positive outcome for me... Get the story straight, never say "ummm"

Dont laugh at him if hes fat
Dont stare at her *****
Dont stare at her *****
Dont burst out laughing
Dont say their rank
Dont stare at her *****

The curfew ladie wasnt happy with me... She was like a very boobifull women

coulda been a dancer... but no, she was a COP
Dont stare at her *****
~Nate

Old 04-08-2006, 07:34 PM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
The police can still nail a person who is 21 if they really want to for supplying to minors or some crap like that. A friend of mine was out of town and he was charged for supply minors at a party at his house when he wasn't even there.

Old 04-08-2006, 07:34 PM
Nathane
Elder User
Originally Posted by jake00
It's the best when your at a party and youre legal to drink.... just keep drinkin, the cops shorten the line at the keg.....

In college, we'd party at a certian house, and when the tennants wanted to clear the place out except for thier freinds, a simple call to the cop shop was all it took. they couldn't let the freshmen drink ALL thier beer
That aint a bad idea...
What if your underaged?

Old 04-08-2006, 08:01 PM
JD717
Elder User
when speaking to an officer of the law, I prefer to say yes sir, or yes maam depending on gender of the officer. respect them, be honest, for the love of god, dont stare at her *****, and you'll be alright. not all police officers like being called sir or ma'am but I consider it important to respect your law officers.

Old 04-08-2006, 10:56 PM
fiftyfourdf100
Senior User
Advice: DONT RUN, unless your fast like I am, my buddy got tackled right behind me. I got away clean, but it was about a 3 mile walk back home cuz I didnt drive out there and my buddies that drove got away, so i had to walk. Also....sometimes if you dont run, let them come up to you without any resistance, they will let you go. I got caught at one party and didnt run cuz I could barely stand, they just let me go and told me to sober up. Show the ut-most respect for them even if you cant stand them, always "Yes sir/ma'am" "no sir/ma'am", no "uhh, yea,uhh, no" try to speak as clearly as possible.

Old 04-08-2006, 11:19 PM
jake00
FTE is my crack
Advice: DONT RUN
Not totally true, you just have to outrun the slower people, as you did.

Old 04-09-2006, 02:33 PM
Nathane
Elder User
yeah... Run like hell if you can stand up straight, if you cant, hide yourself pretty damn good, like in a field, and be prepaired to not move for a few hours... This is why you allways wear jeans that fit you.

I'd be funny to take a few beers with you, and just head out into the field

What happens if your vehicle's still there?

~Nate

Old 04-09-2006, 06:03 PM
RangerRaider
Junior User
99% of the time the truth is the best policy. However there are exceptions. An example, if you get stopped at a ride program and have had 1 drink or a very small amount. The officer will ask you if you've had anything to drink and you say yes, even though its only a beer or something. They will stop you and get you to blow. Not like you get in trouble or anything because your under the legal limit but an annoyance. If you had of said no, you would have been well on your way.. I don't drink and drive even if I've only had one drink so don't flame me for this example.

Old 04-09-2006, 08:42 PM
handyman43358
Postmaster
Remember, Honesty is the best policy.

Honesty has gotten me out of 2 encounters with the police. Let me explain the stories...

My little country road towards the state route runs along side of the train tracks. So normally, If im heading east, you can basically go through the stop sign if theres a train crossing, because people are stopped before the tracks either direction. It's hard to explain, but I ran through that sign b/c a train was crossing. Since it was at night, I had no idea that first car on my side of the tracks, waiting for a train, was a Sherrif. So instead of driving faster, I actually pulled over before he even got his lights on. He came up to my truck laughing at me and said "Do you realize you blew that stopsign right in front of me?" and I was like "Yes sir I do. Ever since I've been driving, if there is a train going across there, I slow down, but don't totally stop." He came back to my truck with a friendly warning and said "Don't do it again." I then said "You have a good evening sir!" and drove away.

The next time was at 3 in the morning. I was on my way into town to pick up my drunk friend, when I lost my dash lights. I saw the flash from the fuse in the fusebox below, and thought "I'll fix it when I get home." Well who knew that whenever you lose your dash lights, chances are, your taillights and parking lights went with em!? So I got into town and a city cop nailed me. Got a warning. I was 16 at the time, and it was well past my curfew. I told him the situation, and he let me go! Told me to drive with my hazzard lights on since I had no tail lights.

So the key here is to be very polite. Even if you don't like sucking butt to people, do it to them. They're just out to keep everyone safe anyways, for the most part. Yes sir's and ma'ams do just fine. Which isn't a stretch for me, because I address all my elders with a "Sir and Ma'am" anyways.

Old 04-10-2006, 12:31 AM
Peter94
Postmaster
It doesnt always help. Big party, my friend was drinking, like everyone else. Got busted, everyone ran & got away, he just sat there and fessed up to it (thats why i like this kid, isnt afraid to pay the price for stuff he does). Anyway, out of like 50 underage drinkers, the cops got like 3 of them. Lol.

Also, our POLICE wear dark blue uniforms, and the POLICE RESERVES (cops in training, no license). It was 4th of july, were at the carquest parking lot watching the fireworks, They get over, traffic was backed up for like 1/2 an hour, and were still sitting there waiting for it to clear out, and just talking and stuff in the parking lot. Finally traffic clears out, and its a nice night, so we just sat around and talked for like an extra 10 min or so. So its like 11:45 PM on the 4th of july, and a cop car comes rolling down the street. Pulls into the parking lot for the auto repair shop next door and tells some guy to get home cause he looks suspicious walking the streets. Then drives ACROSS THE LAWN yes across the lawn, not on the road, to the carquest parking lot and asks us if we know what loitering is. Then tells us to get home. I noticed the light blue uniform and ask his name. It was a kid who graduated HS like 2 years ago and doesnt even have his police license yet. I didint know how much actual power he had at the time, so i gave him a little friction and then left. Little to say that this guy was on a MAJOR POWER TRIP driving the cop car all by himself, woooo! Then I get home and ask my dad (a REAL cop for 33 years now) if the police reserve was right to do this and he said no. In MN a police reserve has the same policeing power as you and me. The most he can do is call a real cop. Just thought i'd post this so everyone knows and doesnt get screwed over by a reserve on a power trip.

Also I know this is getting long so i'll try and make it quick. This is just something that just amazes me though. I was doing a ride-a-long with my brother who's a cop in the cities. Where he patrols its such a bad neighborhood that he never writes out speeding tickets. He said that in the 7 years he's been a cop there he's never written out a speeding ticket. Now if your looking for some excitement go and do a ride along in a bad neighborhood with a cop. I have never been so scared in my life.

Last edited by Beast12; 04-10-2006 at 05:44 AM.
Old 04-10-2006, 10:17 PM
bassproguy07
Elder User
Yah well i thought i was home free when i got home and my parents were sleeping, no tickets or nething. Well friends mom called mine and told her bout it and all this stuff and yah im grounded BIG TIME!!! No more partying for me till im out of the house. Guess karma came back n kicked me in the rear, all the friends get in troubee n I dont.

Old 04-11-2006, 11:44 AM
Peter94
Postmaster
When a party i went to got busted i didnt get in trouble by my parents at all. I went there and when i got there i called my dad and he asked if there was alcohol there and i told him the truth...which was yes. So he just said dont drink and dont drive with anyone who does. So when it got busted i told them what happened and showed them the little tube's you get when you get breathalized and they were like well we hope you learned a lesson. Then i think they had more trust in me after that. I did exactly what he said, lol.

Old 04-12-2006, 01:22 AM
BigDaddy6969
Senior User
Wow, i want to live where you guys do. I havent met a cop or hypo that have given any breaks when it comes to drinking, nor have i met one that i have any respect for. Maybe in SD its madatory for cops to be ****** (dont recomend bringing that up tho). I've tried the whole not run and be honest thing myself and it got me 2 MIC's and a DUI, even though if you put the PBT numbers from the 2 MIC's together i wasnt even halfway to legal drunk and I blew one tenth over the legal limit for the DUI. I understand that there are rules but body weight plays a huge factor into the PBT (I am 6'7 325 lbs) that and i have a way high tolerance. I have been awfully drunk but i can honestly say i was stone sober for all three occurences, but do any law enforcement officers have common sense? Hell no, thank god i am turning 21 on Saturday.

Quick Reply: Cop advice