The Next Generation For those ages 15-25.

Cop encounters? (ticket/warning/curfew/whatever)

Old 03-17-2006, 10:03 PM
Nathane
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cop encounters? (ticket/warning/curfew/whatever)

I'm just wandering what kind of cop encounters everybodys had...

Ive been busted on 2 seperate occasions for fireworks violations.
They were both around 11:00PM, in some seculded woods by my faveriote WOT road... Just bottle rockets and other assorted small stuff. Cop told me to go home, so I did. He did take the illegal ones (just the rockets)

I ran away from one curfew violation, and I got cought for anotherr one walking home from my friends house, at 11:35 (curfews 11:30) because the cop thought I was a druggie, but im not...
Called my mom, got volentaraly searched (turn your pockets inside out, and you can go home if you dont have anything)

Went home, no big deal

Then my latest and greatest warning, for 18 over, uphill...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...t/ticket01.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...t/ticket02.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...icket02ETD.jpg

yep, i was fooling around on a main drag... OOPS
only vehicle on the road, except the cop going the other way... I got scared, so bad that I was shaking... 9 days after I got my lisance, going to my uncles to fix my back brakes (which still dont work... UGG)

3/4 of the time I deserved it, and because I was honest, got off easy.

Just wandering who else has gotten tied up with the cops, and whatnot
~Nate

Old 03-17-2006, 10:46 PM
jimbo beam
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
got pulled over about 3 years ago for non fuctioning rear licence plate lights, still havnt got around to fixing them yet.

got 2 seatbelt warnings since i started driving

got pulled over for 71 in a 65, no offical warning, but i guess it counts as a warning.

got stoped for tearing off a gravel road onto a highway, there was a yeild sign i didnt see any traffic so i guned it, hit the pavment and went sideways about 50 yards down the highway, cop came over the hill from the oposite direction, saw all the gravel dust and fresh rubber everywhere. he followed me for about 5 minutes put the cherrys on, he said he ran my plates and didnt see anything so off i went with anouther warning.

i did alot of dump things behind the wheel when i first got my lisence, but since that first year i havnt had any encounters since.

Old 03-17-2006, 11:14 PM
Peter94
Postmaster
I apparently ran a school bus stop arm. The school bus was coming at me, there was one kid walking tward his house (no one crossing the street). I could have swore there was no bus stop arm out, no lights or nothing. The bus driver claimed he was honking the horn, waving his arm out the window, had all the lights going, had the stop arm out, blah blah blah. It was a wide road none the less and i could have sworn the bus was just taking off as i went by. Anyway, i was promised a ticket and sent a warning, so lucky me.

Old 03-18-2006, 12:09 AM
spidk43
Senior User
I got stopped doing 44 in a 25. It was a one way 2 lane and I was 15 minutes late. Cop wrote the ticket for 30 in a 25 but did mention my actual speed. I got the points taken off, but still had to pay the fine/court fees.

When I was 15, I would sneak out and ride my bike to my girlfriends house in the summer... GREAT idea..., 5 miles one way. I was in shape tho, I could do it in 20 minutes. Coming home one night I got pulled over on my bike by a cop in the middle school parking lot. He called my house and made my dad come pick me up. (this particular cop was the same one my dad had jury duty for on a police brutality case)

He was a real jerk about it. What i was doing was bad/not exactly the safest thing to do, but he didn't have to talk to me for an hour about it, reiterating the same things over and over. He acted like he got caught running the same kinda deal when he was my age...

edit: the first cop (who wrote me up for speeding) was a nice guy. I mean, he coulda slapped me with careless driving. In court he swayyed the truth for me enough that I might get off easy.

Old 03-18-2006, 04:24 AM
bassproguy07
Elder User
Got pulled over just as i pulled out of our favorite mudding spot, hit the pavement ad WHOOP WHOOP sheriff pulls me over. He comes up with his gun drawn, saying put your hands out the window. Suposedly someone had called n said that some people were shooting out there so they thought i might have a gun. As i get out of the truck 6 other cops pull up and block me in, one of them bein a trooper. They then pat me down, missing my can of skoal(under aged) they run my icense say im clear then ask to search my truck i say go ahead. The sheriff was bein an ACEhole all yellin at me n stuff n then they got an attitude with me over a sticker i had of a college on my window. The state trooper was the nicest one there and they then asked if id give them a ride out to where all the people mudding were and of course i said yes cuz everone had left out the back way. So as were driving the sheriffs are talking crap about the trooper whos back by all the cars, i thought they only did that in super troopers but its true they do hate each other. I told them i had just dropped someone off and was leaving to go see a movie at the theater across the road. They bought it too and let me go. Oh yah the cop also asked me 50 times if i had a gun n then id say no n hed be like i smell powder residue and i was like sir do you see the empty shotgun shells and the box of clays in the back seat? I SHOOT SKEET and hes like well when UGGH i hate cops. I do want to be a cop though when i get older and im not going to be an acehole to teens either, old people were young once too! also i think smalltowns suck cuz cops never have nething to do. Anyone get in trouble for wrapping a house? I did that last night and tonight well i took my little sister n her friends, cop drove by tonight but we ducked in the bushes!

Old 03-18-2006, 11:44 AM
1970Custom
Postmaster
I'm not going to go into detail becuase I'll be here all afternoon.

I've been stopped a total of ten times and I've only been issued two tickets out of those ten times.

Of all those times, there's only two of them in the same vehicle.

Old 03-18-2006, 01:01 PM
DD1684
Elder User
Been pulled over 3 times in 5 years. First time was in my '93 Ranger. The jerk said I didn't stop long enough. I had plenty of time, which is why I pulled out. Plus I saw his "unmarked" cruiser coming so I knew it was a cop. Just got a verbal warning. Then about 6 months later in the Ranger I got pulled over for plate lights being out. The guy was nice, and knew my uncle was a cop two towns over so he said "have a nice night". Never got pulled over in my '94 Dodge Ram. Then, four years later (present), I get pulled over by this big ego state cop in my Super Duty, saying I blew a red light. The light turned red about 2 seconds after I went over the line. I told the officer that I haven't been pulled over in four years and that my record is clean. Also told him I thought there was plenty of time to go through the light. He obviously didn't care what I said, and wrote me up for $100. Never saw such a cocky cop. I'll see that chump in court.

Old 03-18-2006, 08:12 PM
jake00
FTE is my crack
before I was driving, I was with a freind, we got pulled over for illegal uturn. searched, the whole 9 yards, cop asked me for id I said i had none, he was pissed.

got stopped doing 88 in a 55, on a country road, cop was cool wrote me up for 65 in a 65
once comin home from school, I stopped in a town to get gas, leftthe parking lot (loose gravel) and one tire spun, I get back on the interstate and some local popo pulls me over. Asks if I look for cops to do stupid shizzit in front of, I say of course not, I didnt even realize i spun my tire. He states he was accross the parking lot at a doughnut shop......It was very hard not to laugh......He got another call as he was harrassing me, so he let me go.

got stopped doing 78 in a 65 on an expressway, after xmas, cop says "its the wrong week to speed son" I say "no **** last week I did 95 through here"....

Old 03-18-2006, 10:30 PM
7.3burnoutbuddy
Senior User
yup got a ticket for my brother havin his seatbelt under his arm. because it was not properly worn and he asked me bout 10 times if i was wearin my seat belt and said yes every time. i got a warnin for left of center and speedin 55 in 45 and sideways in the left turn lane (left of center) all at the same time in my moms car. went 55 throught the intersection with the right turn light on yellow. oh well 135 dollars later and no movin violations thought. good times. LOL

Old 03-18-2006, 11:22 PM
BigF350
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Still haven't been ticketed
Been pulled over a number of times - only once I was doing anything wrong - which was speeding, and I was let off due to my good record
The rest of the times was the police wondering what a male my age was driving the vehicle that I was...

Old 03-19-2006, 12:32 AM
Hillbillywagon
Senior User
I have been pulled over more times than I care to remember. Most of them I was doing somthing wrong, although I was stopped twice on the same night with officers that had guns drawn because my truck matched the description of one that had robbed a gas station at gun point that night. Once they saw me and how far off I was from the physcial description they were pretty cool and explained the reason that they had guns out.

I have gotten a few tickets but like I said. I was usualy doing somthing wrong, and each time I got a ticket that was the case. The officers have been pretty professional with me so far, so I cant really complain. If you treat them with respect (yes officer/no officer) and be truthful with them, they will usually treat you with respect as well.

Granted there are a few bad apples out there, but many of the times that people say cops were being rude or disrespectful, it has as much to do with the persons additude as anything else as to why they get treated like that.

For the most part they are just a bunch of men and women that are out there doing their job just like the rest of us.

Last edited by Hillbillywagon; 03-19-2006 at 12:37 AM.
Old 03-19-2006, 12:54 AM
fiftyfourdf100
Senior User
Since I go my license, I have been pulled over or talked to by the cop 19 times, yes 19 times, and still have yet to get a speeding ticket or anything they pulled me over for. However, I got a ticket when I was rear-ended in our explorer for supposedly running a stop sign, but the person behind me ran it and hit me, AND I GOT THE TICKET! Otherwise I get away clean, they just tell me to slow down, don't spin the tires, etc etc....Too many stories to post all at once, and most of them are becuase the cops around here are MORONS.

Old 03-19-2006, 01:22 AM
1970Custom
Postmaster
The rest of the times was the police wondering what a male my age was driving the vehicle that I was...
Was it rotary powered?

Old 03-19-2006, 01:50 AM
BigF350
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
No - it was a bright orange car - see gallery...

Old 03-19-2006, 01:58 AM
1970Custom
Postmaster
That wussy thing..... HA HA HA

That white thing is WAY WAY better than the orange one.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cop encounters? (ticket/warning/curfew/whatever)