Montana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Sailor_Roy

Is anyone in the HPD still breathing?

Old 03-17-2006, 12:53 AM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Is anyone in the HPD still breathing?

Now that I have your attention...(if you've scrolled down this far, anyway).....

I admit I don't visit FTE as often as I used to, but I think it's a pretty sad statement as to how often people come here to post. Every time I come to FTE I have a look down here and see the same ole post sitting on top ... last post , what?... a couple weeks ago. The one before, a week or better between the next.

I see, from reading other posts in general chapter discussion, that other chapters are having troubles getting interest in even posting, much less Chapter activities. I don't have any answers, but am curious how many will look at this thread and wonder what the H FL55 is talking about? I suspect our leader watches the forum now and then...probably moreso than me.... so his post don't count. Ha...so there Matt.

This post is more of an experiment/morbid curiosity thing.

Old 03-17-2006, 02:54 AM
Matts72
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
You are a goofball...

Old 03-17-2006, 10:57 AM
cowboywanabe
Posting Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys... I get homesick for Montana every time I come to the HPD chapter, so I don't check in very often. I am planning to be in Billings at the end of June for the Harley Owners Group rally.

Old 03-17-2006, 05:17 PM
1979 Ford
FTE Chapter Leader
I usually take a peek see if anyone posted anything. I would think this would be a good time to plan some sort of gtg. Something in Sheridan or black hills, Billings or something would be a good idea, IMHO.

Old 03-17-2006, 05:18 PM
Matts72
Post Fiend
The HOG estimates there are going to be 20,000 bikers here over the event... its gonna be nuts... I've been drooling over them V-Rods since they came out... hoping to see a bunch of them...

I post a lot of gtg's usually shooting events, just that we really don't have a lot of guys... and work and school schedules interfere a lot... I work 40+ hours a week and I go to school all day, when the weekend rolls around, I don't want to do much...

Old 03-23-2006, 02:37 PM
MontanaFord
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey ya'll...

i don't have a computer at home, since my g/f up and left back in february, so i'm stuck using the county library here in kalispell...and when you only have an hour's time, your usage gets limited quick...FL55...it was good to talk to you in chat, the time we did, back in...hell, i think it was january when we talked...lol....been a while, already....i broke my hand the first part of february, and have been healing up from that...i go back to work starting monday...the month off work was a nice reprieve from all main obligations (like getting out of bed before 8 am)....anyway...i'll be working on getting a new computer once i'm back to work and have a few bills caught up....until then, i may not be online a bunch, but i'll be around now and again to poke my head in and say wazzup!!...catch ya'll laterz...

Michael

Old 03-28-2006, 07:22 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm going to be out to Idaho again May 6th, then from there is about anybody's guess, going to be doing a lttle sightseeing on the way back, so suggestions would be welcome...

Old 03-29-2006, 10:21 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Without looking at the calendar to see when May 6th is, I'd still suggest coming through Kalispell, meeting Tim and I and maybe even Tom Wolf, if he wants to come up from Missoula for a GTG. Michael... you tooo bud! May is getting close to the time it's kinda fun to go up to Glacier National Park and look at the last vestiges of winter in the high country.... and with a special LACK of an over abundance of tourists. The snow will be melting, the creeks high, water fresh, blue and ice freakin cold. Good spot for some photo shoots.

Old 03-29-2006, 11:17 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
My mom wants to see Glacier sometime, just concerned whether it would be open... The 6th is a Saturday, after that, be wandering home, have to be back by the 10th for my wife's college graduation.. Might even be such that we could come up there first, but at this time it seems it will be on the way back.

Old 04-01-2006, 02:51 AM
Matts72
Post Fiend
I've been fishing the past few days... its been awesome... it finally rained here so the river is high and muddy, but the cats are biting fierce. we probably caught 250 fish today alone, cleared right through our stach of minnows... it was crazy...

Old 04-02-2006, 10:54 AM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Looking at my work schedule, I'll be working on the 6th, anyway. As time draws closer, we can work things out and see where we are. Either ya can make it or ya can't. Glacier is open all year long.. they just don't charge fees during the "off" season. ONly a few roads are kept open during the winter months, so that cros country skiers and others can still access some parts of the back country. Getting in and showing you around wouldn't be a biggie. We just may not be able to go the top of Going to the Sun Highway. Park crews have started plowing the Sun Highway, but depending on slides/avalanches, etc., it may not be open until June, minimum. There's still lots to see on what roads will be open by that time. Just a drive up to the "loop", if possible, would be a very enjoyable day trip, with lots of photo opportunities.

We'll take it a day at a time and see where ya go and when. We both have the rest of our lives to get to where-ever we be going or wanting to go.

Old 04-02-2006, 12:07 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
The 6th is when we all have to be in Boise, and then I have to be back for my wife's graduation on the 10th, (if I want to continue to live peacefully...) so likely we will comethrough before the 5th if we can pull it off at all. If we can't pull it together this time, I'm sure there will be other opportunities.

Old 04-02-2006, 06:26 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

I can keep a close watch on my next month's schedule and should be able to give you an idea of what days or nites I'll be working that week. Right now it looks like I have plenty of open time. I'll check in here regularly to see what's up.

Old 04-02-2006, 06:28 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
sounds good, I'll let you know as I know what the plans are developing to be.

Old 04-03-2006, 01:18 AM
Matts72
Post Fiend
Except for a serious camping trip coming up for after the 10th of May, I'm basically free before 4 pm... If'n your not in too much of a rush this time, Roger, we can definetly hang out or grab a burger/beer at Fudd's.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Is anyone in the HPD still breathing?