Arizona Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

I'm moving to Prescott

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 04:11 PM
13MWZ
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm moving to Prescott

Yup, leavin my beloved Lone Star State for northern AZ around Dec 06-Jan 07. Just thought I'd drop a note to yall and say Howdy. I hate to leave Texas by my girlfriend starts school there in the fall of 07 so we're making the move together. I'll be lookin to get on the fire or department. Heck, I might could do both, I hear Prescott has a volunteer reserve police force. That could be a good way to be in both worlds. We'll see, just thinkin outloud here.
So anyways, if anybody here is from that area I'd really like to hear back from you and get some info about what it's like there. Looks cold from the pictures I've seen. I didnt realize it was in the mountains untill the otherday.

Old 03-20-2006, 11:45 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I live in Camp Verde 35 miles away. I get to Prescott about once a week. The Sheriff's Dept is hiring for their new jail and other positions. You can email me if you wish.
Craig

Old 03-25-2006, 04:22 PM
EPDP99
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was just there for the wildfire academy put on in prescott. As everyyear it was very fun...We also had a blast in the snow the two times it snowed good this last week(March18-24)

Old 04-05-2006, 11:19 PM
Idaho
Senior User
I'm also moving to Prescott...I just don't know when .

A month ago, I had put in my 2-weeks notice at work so I could start my own dump truck business in Prescott. I had just bought a semi to convert to a dump, got my business loan, got the business registered and was to be up and operating by April 1st.

But...I was on my way to work in my 2005 Nissan Sentra on a rural hwy when a semi pulled out in front of me...I went under the trailer. Made my car an instant convertible and broke my left arm in 3 places and shattered the elbow.

So, now I'm sitting around the house waiting for my arm to heal so I can drive.

I had to spend my start-up money on bills and expenses due to my stay in the hospital. The insurance company of the semi driver won't pay anything, so I had to get a lawyer and file suit. I'm now living on $1200 a month from disability instead of the $10k I was to be making in AZ.

Anyway, enough of my whining...Prescott seems like a great area and I've done a bunch of research on it lately. Housing prices have gone through the roof, though, due to all of the Californians migrating to the area. But, that also makes it a great place to start a dump truck business .

As soon as I get my insurance money, I'll be buying a `78 4x4 F250 supercab from another member here and moving to AZ.

Old 04-06-2006, 01:23 AM
Melchiah
Senior User
lucky i am stuck in phx (Hell Valley) where its 10 million degrees i like going up to the ranch in prescott its so mice during the summer