Auto Start for 02 7.3

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 10:38 PM
erik_bishop
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Auto Start for 02 7.3

hello Alaska members,
would any of you have a preference on who to use for the purchase and instalation of an auto start for my truck in the anchorage area.

Old 03-14-2006, 12:38 AM
WilliesSD250
Laughing Gas
I can't remember the name of the place where I got mine installed, but it's in that mall next to the chebby dealer and walmart in Wasilla. I had a Astro Start put in my '04 PSD and it was a relatively quick install and a pretty good price. It hasn't had any issues with it in the last 16 months. It's also upgradeable. One feature I have but yet to activate is the remote temp sensing/auto start. This feature allows you to select a preprogrammed temp. When the air temp reaches the set temp, the truck starts itself and "warms up" (also for a preset time) then shuts off after a preset time. It''l do this continually until eithe the air temp warms up, or you disable it.

Old 03-24-2006, 12:44 AM
Vulcan3.0
Freshman User
Arrow

Maybe alittle late with this reply but there is also a place in wasilla called 'safe&sound' who installs auto-start units in Ford trucks. Runs around $350.
They are locate right at the end of town as your headed towards B.lake. On your right.

Joe