The Next Generation For those ages 15-25.

Anyone hit a deer before?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2006, 01:01 PM
lurchy98
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone hit a deer before?

So last night I was taking a friend back to his car, we were just listening to the radio and talking. Next thing I know I see a deer running across the road out of the corner of my eye. All of a sudden I hear a loud boom come from the bed of my truck. So I turn around and the deer is dead on the side of the road and I have a dent in the bed of my truck. The only thing funny about this is what we were listening to on the radio, "here comes the boom" by nelly. So has anyone else on here every hit a deer before, and did it do any damage to your vehicle.

Old 03-11-2006, 01:07 PM
Beast12
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nope. But I hit a rabbit once. I tried to miss it but I ended up hitting it. DOH!

-Matt

Old 03-11-2006, 03:36 PM
76 F-150 390FE
Posting Guru
ever seen what 32X11.50 bfg at's do to a squrril? lets just say it was pretty flat and its a good thing they werent mud tires becuase it would have gotten parts stuck in the tread and got my wheel well all nasty.

Old 03-11-2006, 04:36 PM
jimbo beam
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by 76 F-150 390FE
.......its a good thing they werent mud tires becuase it would have gotten parts stuck in the tread and got my wheel well all nasty.
my buddy ran over an already flatend possum, his front tire went over it but the back tire grabed it and slug its guts all over the wheel well and part of the fender.

never hit a deer but i hit a dog, it was pitch black out and it was a black dog, it looked like a trash bag in the middle of the street untill it turned and i seen its glowing green eyes, i hit the brakes as hard as i could i was doing 45 down the road and got slowed down to about 5 or 6 mph, i thumped him pretty good but when i got out of the truck he got up and ran away. it didnt do anything to the truck but it made me pretty sad for a while.

to me a deer is a deer, i hunt them every december, but a dog is someones pet. i kept telling myself hes fine he got right up and ran away, wasnt gimping, no blood, didnt scweal or anything. i hope hes fine, and he didnt just run off and die somewhere.

Old 03-11-2006, 06:20 PM
danny_g_76
Senior User
i hit one on purpose in my brothers bronco 2 he had the brush gaurd on it and i ran the deer down on my camp road. I was also right be hind a lady who hit one once. it didnt die and the lady was freaking out so i had to kill it. I didnt have a gun so i used the only thing in my truck, a plastic garbage bag. I sufficated the deer. its hind legs were destroyed so it wasnt to good for meat, but it was the first deer i killed.
Dan

Old 03-11-2006, 06:38 PM
CowboyPenner
Elder User
I hit a deer one night coming home from work. I was in my Sunbird. It just popped out onto the road. I didn't have time to apply the brakes. It bounced off my hood but where it ended up or did it die I don't know because when I looked back there was no sign of it. I drove up the road a bit but went back to look for it but saw no sign of it anywhere. When I got home I found a crumpled fender, hood and mashed grille. Oh and I can't forget the blood and fur. $3000 later I was good as new.

Old 03-11-2006, 08:49 PM
Patatoe1
Elder User
Would hitting a deer be covered by insurance?

Old 03-11-2006, 08:57 PM
Beast12
Post Fiend
That would be covered if you had full coverage. I think it goes under your comprehensive.

-Matt

Old 03-11-2006, 09:40 PM
CowboyPenner
Elder User
Yep, "freak of nature" they called it.

Old 03-11-2006, 10:25 PM
302s&460srocks
Senior User
never hit a deer or any living animal, but I ran over an already dead racoon with my dad's chevy and it flew in the ditch and got a little flatter

Old 03-12-2006, 12:17 AM
RangerPilot
Post Fiend
Hit a flock of quail in my dad's GMC.

lot's of blood, feathers, and miscellaneous bird parts later, we got to our deer lease.

On Valentine's day, about a year after we started dating, my mom ran over my girlfriend's cat.

Nothing like talkin' to your gf on the phone, trying to keep her mind off that fact, then having your mom come in and say "hey I think I hit something this morning will you go look at my truck?" So I walk on outside, take a look at her wheel and wheel well, it's covered in blood and stuff, I had to try not to laugh honestly.

Old 03-12-2006, 06:05 PM
handyman43358
Postmaster
Well.... I've hit one with a quad..... and broke both the back legs on another with a snowmobile. The quad was an accident..... the snowmobile was a stupid attack! Either way it was fun!

Old 03-12-2006, 11:10 PM
Nathane
Elder User
Originally Posted by Beast12
Nope. But I hit a rabbit once. I tried to miss it but I ended up hitting it. DOH!

-Matt
I was doing 85+ down my fave backroad (before I got my ticket), and saw something dart out... slamed on the brakes, and thanked god it wasnt a kid... the little expletive deleted (squirrl) was running down the road, so I tried to hit the SOB... missed...
I hate squirrles, chipmunks, crows, and all other creachers... especially bambies... Err, havent hit one yet, thankfully
~Nate

Last edited by Racerguy; 03-13-2006 at 12:11 AM.
Old 03-12-2006, 11:52 PM
WilliesSD250
Laughing Gas
Gawd, you wanna see a mess, hit a moose. I've seen many vehicles demolished as a result of hiting something the size of a horse. Usually both die, the moose and the vehicle. Most of all the big rigs up here (especially the long haulers) have huge grille guards on them just for that reason. If your drivin a lil car and a moose steps out, you might ougt to want to say your prayers real quick.

Old 03-13-2006, 12:46 AM
bassproguy07
Elder User
Hmm lets count the number of animals ive hit, TOO MANY. I ran over a possum in my moms saturn, went back to pick it up( friend of mine callse me possum so i was going to put it in his truck for a joke) and then damn thing got up when i went to pick it up and ran into the ditch! They really do PLAY dead! Hmm ive hit a gazillion cats(purposely) and the other day one of the guys picked up a deap possum on the side of the road and brought it to the school parking lot, myself being the on with the old truck who dont care what kinda gunk gets on it, goes over sets my back tire on it, revs it up and pops the clutch. Flattend that sucker!

Last edited by Beast12; 03-13-2006 at 04:53 AM.

Quick Reply: Anyone hit a deer before?