The Next Generation For those ages 15-25.

Stupidest thing you and your friends have done.

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 09:40 PM
RangerPilot
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Stupidest thing you and your friends have done.

Topic says it all, what's the stupidest thing you and your friends have done, preferably drivin' related?

Me and about 8 of my friends raced from my house to the high school one time during a football game. All kinds of stupid driving and what not, we got there and of course traffic was horrible (you guys know how a Texas high school football game is right?). We, including those kids in cars, not trucks, jumped the curb on the highway and drove back through a forest, across a creek, across the practice soccer and football fields, up this big hill, and into the parking lot lol. We got some funny looks for that one.

Old 03-05-2006, 09:50 PM
captain p4
Post Fiend
Haha, thats a good one.

I've jumped the intersection up the street a little in my old ranger at, oh, i'd say 85-90 and landed it perfectly. I've jumped a railroad track in that same ranger and had to problems.

I convinced my friend that it would be a good idea to jump those same tracks in his 92 corolla.. lmao we ended up spinning out and almost hitting a telephone pole and he lost three hubcaps and got the cops called on us!

That same friend convinced me it would be a good idea to tackled a huge mudhole/stream without anyone else around (a couple hours and a big jeep with a winch later we were on our way home..that was on my birthday too!)

The biggest stupid i've done .. big, big hump in the road that i had never driven before, i saw it and just stepped on it in my '00 f150 with 5.4 not knowing what was on the other sid eor anything. Ended up jumping a good 6 ft in the air and across the whole intersecton and coming down hard on the front end (my air bag is now hanging on the wall behind me on the 'bad driving wall' along with my first ticket..) no one was hurt though, just had to pull the front fender forwards a little so i could open the door again.

OH! my other buddy saw this 'little puddle' that he was going to drive through back in 'sugar hill' in his mom's stock explorer.. sunk the thing past the bottoms of the doors. HE was freakin out! haha, just a little tug from my truck and he was out like nothing. I'll post a pic of him stuck in my gallery under various stuff.

Edit: Oh man. I just realized why insurance rates are so high for us. hahaha

Old 03-05-2006, 10:05 PM
handyman43358
Postmaster
Hmmm. I've had my 91 Ranger airborn once. I was goin down an old country road, and saw a railroad ahead. Well there was a hill leadin up to it, and little did I know that it was a sudden drop off on the other side. I didn't slow down much for it, hit it goin bout 50 and I got some air. Didn't come down hard, but man did it scare me!

Theres been a few occassions where I'll be in a hurry to get to school, and theres ALWAYS a line of traffic blocking the enterance to the back drive to the school. I finally got tired of waitin, threw it in 4 wheel, jumped the curb, went down through the creek and back up to the enterance. Funny part was, one of my buddies in his Jeep figured he'd follow. He snapped a tie-rod tryin to get up over the curb! This was all with my F-150 when it did move by the way! lol

Old 03-05-2006, 10:10 PM
blue96psd
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i pulled a wendys sign out with my truck got in HUGE trouble and 2g later (don't do it u might think its funny but not worht the trouble) and pushed my buddies car through an intersection while he was standing ont he brakes freakin out (another don't do) i got a lsit of stupid things that i have done those are jsut 2

Old 03-05-2006, 10:12 PM
handyman43358
Postmaster
Can't say I've ever had the desire to rip out a Wendys sign! They had enough trouble with the whole "finger in the chili" deal, let alone people tearin down their signs! lol

Old 03-05-2006, 10:14 PM
1bad73bronco
Senior User
Sprayed armor all on the floor in the hallway in high school and watched all the people fall on it.... lit a trashcan on fire in high school at lunch time... went four wheeling with my bronco following $25,000 jeeps and buggys, it was fun before i busted my radiator

Old 03-05-2006, 10:26 PM
lilmustangboy
Senior User
hm... where to start.....

50-60 km/h down a main street pulling gt in the middle of winter... about 10pm at nite....

play tag with my buddies in traffic (yes we used r cars )

racing down the hiway.... 150km/h+ in traffic.....

most of the stupid things we do involve alcohol and ourselves... if they involve alcohol and vehicles its cuz sumone lands on one or brakes sumthing off.... but no driving we arent THAT dumb

Old 03-05-2006, 10:35 PM
blue96psd
Senior User
well theres more to the story but i cann't go into detail but yea. it was one of those light up exit signs the sign and the concrete base came out it had to weigh about 500 pounds at least and it got dragged through a parkin lot but thats enough about me hahaha

Old 03-06-2006, 07:25 AM
RangerPilot
Post Fiend
Oh I guess I can add one to my own topic.

Me and a couple of my friends drive around, windows down, and toss a Frisby between the cars. Now it's not bad back on a back road or whatever, but I'll tell you one thing, doin' about 60 down the highway next to our high school, just trying to hand it off to somebody else, in traffic, lol. Quite interesting.

I emptied and refilled my rear diff earlier this year. Figured I needed to test it to make sure it was sealed tight (you gotta remove the cover to drain a Ranger's rear diff), so I went out on our favorite racing road and just went flying down there. Got up to about 70 when I noticed a couple of guys turned around the road (this is a two lane country road, mind you) and started racing towards me.
One thing led to another, nobody chickened out, and one guy drove his Mitsubishi off into the ditch to avoid the lunatic ice blue Ranger comin' at him! lol.

Old 03-06-2006, 11:34 AM
skrappy
Senior User
ok so we tie ropes behind cars and then pull them down the streets when theres snow on the road, its all good until we start getting whipped into cars and what not, especially parked cop cars...

Old 03-06-2006, 11:49 AM
lilmustangboy
Senior User
Originally Posted by skrappy
ok so we tie ropes behind cars and then pull them down the streets when theres snow on the road, its all good until we start getting whipped into cars and what not, especially parked cop cars...
ahahaha that sounds familliar!

Old 03-06-2006, 01:41 PM
bassproguy07
Elder User
Me n some friends drove my truck through a field at nite, hit some mounds of dirtandgot airborn. Letsjustsay there was sumthin involved while doing this

Old 03-06-2006, 06:09 PM
E350superduty
Senior User
We did donuts in my old 15 passenger van and destroyed the rear when it hit a concrete barrier.

Old 03-06-2006, 09:40 PM
fiftyfourdf100
Senior User
I plead the 5th, I fear whatever I say "can and will be misquoted and used against me in a court of law". I can say that the cop must be deaf, b/c that dynamite made a HUGE BOOM....we'll leave it at that.

Old 03-06-2006, 09:45 PM
Nathane
Elder User
ummm.... 2 days after i got my lisance, we got dumped on for snow (4" wet, packy stuff). I found out that I didnt have back brakes. I put new pads, and a spring kit on it. Went for a test run.
Didnt work still, but I decided "forget it" So i went to my faveriote proving grounds (behind an airport). I can hang the backend out for a good 200 feet before I run out of power, or kahonies.

I also found a parking lot thats unused at our school tonight, so it got plowed in. Its for the baseball dimonds, and stuff... A 3 foot mound of snow later, I had a parking lot to myself. Good stuff

I went down to the park a little later, which's closed down for the winter... theyve got a paved circle for people with boats to turn around in. which is connected to another circle for the other docks. Perfect figure 8 track if you use your imagionation

Then running to the parts store, I was doing 85+ down a 55 (open road btw) at 6:50, normally 20 min from NAPA. I got there before they walked out the door

and on the way back, I had a cop follow me... UG

Me and my friend have done some stupid stuff in his camaro, I like that car.
he can hit 120+ on that same strech of road.

I was thinking of what would happen if I got a ticket.

officer walks up, asks "do you know how fast you were going back there?"
me "nope, honest... the spedo only goes up to 85"

I've also gone 65 hanging on the the sunroof of a dodge daytona... I belive there was some rotgut involved in that one
yeah, wasnt that great of an idea... fun at the time though
no wonder why we die first
~Nate

Last edited by Beast12; 03-07-2006 at 07:54 AM.

Quick Reply: Stupidest thing you and your friends have done.