Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

Opinions

Old 02-08-2006, 05:19 PM
bhodgin
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Opinions

It is amazing that people come on here and ask what we like better Ford or cheb, no offense to those of you have. From what I have read you can't find an unbiast opinion in a Ford truck enthusiast forum. After all isn't that why we are here. I just thought that that was funny.

Old 02-08-2006, 06:06 PM
k460
Senior User
Well, it makes sense to do that on a forum named "Ford vs The Competion"

Old 02-08-2006, 07:01 PM
jimbo beam
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CHEVY SUCKS! there got your attention. this is a ford truck site, hence why not may people like to talk about chevrolet.

Cheap
Heap
Every
Valve
Rattles
Oil
Leaks
Engine
Ticks

Old 02-08-2006, 07:39 PM
Octane
Posting Guru
At the same time, you can be a Ford enthusiast and still criticize Ford and admit that their vehicles have flaws. (as do all brands)

Old 02-08-2006, 09:14 PM
captain p4
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Octane
At the same time, you can be a Ford enthusiast and still criticize Ford and admit that their vehicles have flaws. (as do all brands)
Nope, Ford can do no wrong!
I know when you see this you'll realize the error of your typing and apologize for offending the Ford gods.

Old 02-09-2006, 04:14 AM
BigF350
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
While most of us like Fords, I think we go through some deep technical analysis before we come to that conclusion...

And Fords aren't for everyone. If someone was purely looking for ride comfort, and nothing else, we wouldn't tell them to get a Super Duty with a PSD and snow plough springs.
A Honda Ridgeline may be more to thier liking (although I would advise them to check out an F150 too).

Old 02-09-2006, 06:19 AM
Fordsflylow
Postmaster
Originally Posted by jimbo beam
CHEVY SUCKS! there got your attention. this is a ford truck site, hence why not may people like to talk about chevrolet.

Cheap
Heap
Every
Valve
Rattles
Oil
Leaks
Engine
Ticks
I agree wholeheartedly! I see you're in the quad cities. I used to live up that way many moons ago, about 50 miles east in Dixon/Sterling area. Dated a gal there in East Moline for sometime. Never seen so much chevy junk in one area before Must have something to do with the flat land around there!?!

Areas that have serious grades and hills I visit down this way seem to have many many more Fords doing the dirty work. A good example is St. Louis region, Ford heaven!

I still go back upstate on occasion to see some relations. My Dad, chevy worshiper, is still amazed to see me driving my same Fords, still looking and running great, when i come to visit. Last trip up I seen more Fords running around than usual, could be some are finally seeing the light - finally!!

Old 02-09-2006, 08:48 AM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,089 Likes on 2,154 Posts
once upon a long long time ago, i drove a used chebby, because it was all i could afford.then when i got some more money, i got a used 66 dodge W300 power wagon. when the cab rusted off the frame for the third time, it had over 600,000 miles on it, and i had enough money to buy my first new ford. i have had fords since. no comparison, no second thoughts. i just like the dependability of the ford.

Old 02-09-2006, 08:59 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts
Opinions...You came to the right place.

Old 02-09-2006, 09:04 AM
tmyers
Posting Guru
If you look at my sig I own a Chevy. If Ford made something that competed maybe I would own it but they don't. It's all about compitition and the winner gets my money.

Old 02-09-2006, 07:41 PM
bhodgin
Senior User
Missouri, Arkansas, areas I see many more Fords than chebs or doggies.
I admit guys I have never owned anything but Ford and have had such great success, stick with what works. My father was for a long time a Chevy boy, but then he bought a 1966 Ford F 600 box with a 330 small block 10 speed and have proudly owned it for 35 years and runs like a top, also has 460 e 350 panel and 3.0 Escape 4x4. I love them till the day i die. My two cents.
chebby boys admire FORD MEN.

Old 02-09-2006, 08:32 PM
elemint
Elder User
I only know what I like and what has worked for me. Sometimes that has been a Ford, sometimes not. I could care less if someone thinks Fords are bad or not. In recent years i feel that GM has been terrible, but for the 70's - mid 90's Fords have been mostly junk, I still do not trust Ford transmissions. I do have old Ford products and love them.

Old 02-09-2006, 10:30 PM
jimbo beam
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Fordsflylow
I agree wholeheartedly! I see you're in the quad cities. I used to live up that way many moons ago, about 50 miles east in Dixon/Sterling area. Dated a gal there in East Moline for sometime. Never seen so much chevy junk in one area before Must have something to do with the flat land around there!?!

Areas that have serious grades and hills I visit down this way seem to have many many more Fords doing the dirty work. A good example is St. Louis region, Ford heaven!

I still go back upstate on occasion to see some relations. My Dad, chevy worshiper, is still amazed to see me driving my same Fords, still looking and running great, when i come to visit. Last trip up I seen more Fords running around than usual, could be some are finally seeing the light - finally!!

i have noticed quite a few chevys running around here, i really dont mind i'd rather live in an area with a higher % of old loud beater trucks, then riced out wanna be winged warrior hondas.

i cant say i hate chevy, in my book they're tied for second with dodge. i'd take either over any rice mobile any day.

i really wouldnt mind having an old beater chevy truck with a 350, anything before 1988. next to older fords old chevys dont look half bad, if you can find one that hasnt completely rotted away. not trying to poke fun or anything bit it just seems to me that old chevys rot out really bad.

i can honestly say no chevy will ever replace one of my fords, but if an old chevy happend to fall into my hands id gladly take it.

to each his own, im a ford man, well atleast a pre 97 ford man. ive had good luck with older fords so thats what i buy. if someone grew up with chevys then i can see why they'd like chevys.

Old 02-09-2006, 11:37 PM
Exploder02
Senior User
I've had all sorts of different cars / trucks myself over the years, and my family has as well... Observations:

Chevrolet: The old stuff built on the 305 / 350 was pretty rock-solid, friend had a '79 Monte Carlo that was unstoppable, and it would beat a lot of cars we had back when I was in High School (1993).. Newer cars felt cheap, S10s (at least in the late 90's) seemed to be pretty good (at least w/ the 4.3 TBI engines) another friend has one that's gone over 200,000 miles with no major issues, just normal wear items (alternator, water pump, etc.)

Toyota: I had a '86 Toyota 2WD Pickup -- w/ the I4 22R engine. I drove thru high school and college, had about 130,000 miles on it when I gave it back to my Stepdad, he's still driving it.. only had to replace a rear main seal, alternator, and clutch (I attribute most of that to age rather than mileage, particularly the rear main seal). I towed bass boats, etc. with it, it's an awesome (but small) truck. Stepsister had a '81 Tercel, ran 'til she rolled it.. still ran, but we got rid of it. Friend's wife had an Avalon that the engine just totally blew on @ 20,000 miles.

Dodge: Too many to list (my Stepdad is a Chrysler Nut)... mostly good service, had a few transmission issues in the newer Stratus. I bought a '97 Dakota, had a transmission / torque converter vibration that they couldn't get rid of, so I got rid of it a year later.

Mazda: Dad had a '89 626 with God knows how many miles on it.. ran great. Stepmom's '94 has had a bunch of problems, warped intake manifold (probably that way from the factory), etc. I bought a '98 626, great car until the engine started sucking down oil @ 100,000 miles.

Ford: My dad had a Crown Vic (I think it was a '94) w/ the big V8... indestructible.. only thing that went out was the rear air suspension, right when he got rid of it... still running 'round town today. He also had a late '80's Ranger that was unstoppable (4 cylinder). I bought a 2002 Explorer... all sorts of problems, bad brake interlock switch (part not available separately, had to replace the whole stinkin' steering column), "whiney" rear end @ 60MPH (known issue), and 2 transmissions (I've only got 78,000 miles on it).

Other makes: Limited experience.

Conclusion: all makes have their weak spots. If ford could build a transmission, they'd be contenders against toyota... Even with the problems I've had with the Exploder, I'd probably buy another Ford, just not a car... it would have to be a truck or SUV.