Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader: harleymsn

Chap Leader input - "Perspective" on trading

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 10:54 AM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Chap Leader input - "Perspective" on trading

(Literally robbed from one of those forums Y'all don't see, but written by yours truly. The topic was what people want to do in THEIR chapters)

Well (In the immortal words of President Ronnie!), it may be a somewhat touchy subject - but if swapping and trading is one of the main things that makes a chapter breath fire, I say why not...

For brand spankin' new stuff - sure! Promote the products and services offered by the sponsors, and really - for a lot of goodies that IS the only way to get them.

But last night at the rod shop I was looking at the predecessor of the famous "409" engine that was up on a stand with a triplet of single barrels on it. Those only come from back in time.

But the rebuild kits and the powder coating for the block and so on - those are present day. There is a mix of old and new in everything with wheels on it, and though the "front end" at FTE may be new parts and supplies, the thing that COMPLETES the picture is people who can come up with the old stuff from back in the day before it all goes off to the scrappers. As I have thought about it, the big picture that I see is working both ends of the resource rainbow, and everything in between (as regards 'How To' info).

ALL of which makes FTE stronger and better.

~Thought for the day

Hey - I work for YOU GUYS!

Last edited by Greywolf; 01-31-2006 at 10:56 AM.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:23 PM
Mustangsean
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree wholeheartedly. I would much rather see something being used by someone I know rather than selling it on EBay. Plus, it gives us a chance to get to know each other better. Greywolf, how about regional classifieds for each chapter (i.e. Memphis area classifieds, Nashville, Knoxville)? That way, everyone in the TN chapter would have an idea of what is for sale/trade locally.

Sean

Old 02-01-2006, 01:36 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I've caught some flack over my opinions, but I think we can float some kind of a TN regional classifieds on our own webpages if we go about it right.

If we think in terms of the east, west, and middle TN idea, we can set up simple pages on Geocities or somewhere that list what people are offering to trade. But the powers that be seem to want to see just one topic for chapter trading...

There is an idea here somewhere, but I am just not quite seeing the whole thing yet. I know exactly what you are saying, but I don't think we can make it fly on FTE itself. So what else is there? How can we do it? There's gotta be a way, and one that don't load down some poor slob with updating everything.

I used to tinker some with hosted forums, maybe we can do that -
Find a versatile free host that can be split off into a bunch of sub-forums for tradeables in different areas.