Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Some fun things to do for a State type meet/event!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 10:20 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some fun things to do for a State type meet/event!

Like so many things I do (or have done) this isn't guite finished but I have to get it out or it will never be done

Another State meet! Or better yet, a State event! Something. . . doesn't have to be huge, but that will be fun and entertaining Ken is cancelling the national rally due to low advance participation so he and the crew will be attending a few chapter events, and the rest will be receiving T-shirts, stickers and what not to be passed out. Its a little incentive to try and stir up activity in the chapters. As I'm sure you all know, I'm probably not 100% qualified to decide on what might be fun or exciting. . .I've watched paint dry before to pass the time. . .so I'm opening up the floor to any and all ideas

Here are a few of my own:

Monsters on the Beach (May 6-8)
http://www.beacheventsfun.com/beache...b_site_028.htm

Virginia State Fair(September 28-Oct 8)
This is something BigBlue came up with for the last state meet, though it is a little late for a summer meet.
http://www.statefair.com/site.asp

Fun Ford Weekend (June 23-25)
Racing. . .FAST racing! Cars, Trucks, motor cycles! It will be held here:
http://www.virginiamotorsportspk.com/

Another shing dig out in a State Park. A BIG one, bring some games, R/C cars, bikes, 4 wheelin', etc.

I'm also going to try and call the Norfolk Ford Plant for tour info if they still do that.

I was thinking going to some kind of event, or show, then come back after o say half a day? Grill up some good eats and if there is time squeeze in a small Show & Shine? Can that be done in a day? Would anyone be willing to put up for a night? Also, what are yall thoughts on a multi state G2G? Get members from neighboring states and have a giant party? Or something like the above? Of course this would be a MUCH bigger task to try and set up, with a commitment required becuase there probably be some over nighting necessary

Anyways. . .me=paint drying, so all ideas are encouraged

Originally Posted by WebMaster
FTE is not going to have a 2006 National Rally.

We did not meet our goal for the minimum number of pre-registrations. Larry will be sending all the payments back first thing next week.

Peggy, the crew and I have had a lot of difficult discussions about this the past 2-3 weeks. We think its best for everyone if the Kansas Chapter takes it show completely back into its own hands. Its been a success that way for them, and its the local groups that help make FTE a success. We will give our support to the local groups the following ways...

1. Bail out of the national rally while it still leaves the Kansas Chapter time to put on their regional show.

2. We absolutely would love to see the Kansas Chapter put on a great regional Kansas show and will attend it. We'll even bring goodies for the members, but we can't cover the costs of a show as we did with a National FTE show.

3. We're going to ask for the other chapters to submit to FTE their plans for a local event. It can be big, or small, doesn't matter. It just has to have firm commitment from the members, with a date/time so we can make plans to attend. We're going to attend at least 4 chapter events this year, and Kansas is a firm commitment if they have their show. NW Chapter is a close second (if you can organize something, we'll be there).

4. We will support the local events we attend with trophies if they have enough trucks for judging, t-shirts, bumper stickers, hat pins and other goodies.

5. Chapter events that put on events we are unable to attend will get some t-shirts and bumper stickers to give away.

6. We will give our support to chapter events, whether we attend or not, by promoting their events.

We'd like to see each chapter submit a proposal to us for their local event. The event can be as big or little as you like. The goal is to have a well organized event with firm attendance commitments this spring and summer. We'll pick 4 we can attend and the others we'll send goodies to.

Old 01-31-2006, 06:41 PM
65vamonster
Senior User
I am trying to come out of my comatose winter state. I noticed the link for monsters on the beach in for 2005. I really liked the meet at skyline, which was the last meet I went to. I defenitely like some action-packed events, but sitting back and BSing was great in my opinion. If we have it around here I can put up three or four people at my place.

Old 01-31-2006, 09:02 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Yeah, I agree with yah there

We'll have to drag you out to the next local meet. I need to figure out something for that if no one else does.

Originally Posted by 65'
I defenitely like some action-packed events, but sitting back and BSing was great in my opinion
Ha! Not exactly a definitive anwser. . .but a good point. I don't see why we can't "do it all" before it gets too cold, seeing as how all the dates are fairly spread out. But we do need to try and nail down one thing to officially call the next State Meet/Event Thing.

I saw the link was for 2005, but I couldn't find a current one. They have done it every year I could remember, so for this year I don't see why it wouldn't be up. I have added calling them to find out for sure to my ever growing "to do list"

Old 02-01-2006, 09:57 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Did manage to call the Norfolk Ford plant today. . . they don't do tours anymore Still need to call on MotB.

Old 02-01-2006, 10:45 PM
ATC Crazy
Hotshot
Received 2,703 Likes on 1,316 Posts
Heh...thats where my '97 was built.

Sorry I dont have anything useful to add...just something to amuse my little mind for a few minutes

Old 02-02-2006, 11:57 AM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
My '78 was built there too

It was ammusing for me a well, keep up the good work!

Old 02-02-2006, 04:25 PM
to many oft
Senior User
here you go,updated monster truck events
http://monsterblog.lzsportsource.com/
the whole family wants to go to monsters on the beach,see yall there!

Last edited by to many oft; 02-02-2006 at 04:28 PM.
Old 02-02-2006, 04:49 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Sweet!! Monsters on the Beach, 05/12-14/06

Old 02-07-2006, 08:41 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Aw, come on guys. . .your really going to make me PM everyone on the members list, ain't ya

I thought so

Old 02-07-2006, 10:40 PM
ATC Crazy
Hotshot
Received 2,703 Likes on 1,316 Posts
I think this weekend here in Roanoke, there is a Monster Truck show. Tom Ments in Maximum Destruction, Big Foot, and possibly Grave Digger is supposed to be there.

Im not positive on the date...but I think its this weekend.

**EDIT**

Yup...Its this weekend!

http://www.ushra.com/shows/Show.2005-12-12.1811

Grave Digger (Gary), Turtle (Brandon), Maximum Destruction (Tom), Tom Meents-TBA, Avenger, Brutus, War Wizzard,and Destroyer.

Some big name trucks are coming. This is rare

Last edited by ATC Crazy; 02-07-2006 at 10:45 PM.
Old 02-08-2006, 06:38 PM
devilsword
Senior User
yeah here is a whole list oof events comming up for the next 5 months or so
http://www.959wgrq.com/classic-car-news.asp

Old 02-15-2006, 12:17 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Sometimes having a life sucks. . .I swear tonight and tomorrow night I will spread the word via PM

Excellent link Devil. . .Sword? Or Devils Word?

Old 02-15-2006, 10:14 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Everyone on the list has been officially notified

Check this out. . .

http://www.nationalmudbogassociation...es/1/index.htm

Buncha Chevies running that thought, we have any Fords here that can show them up? To many oft? I checked the rules already, my truck when its done won't fit into any class

Old 02-16-2006, 07:52 AM
Tuvanhillbilly
Tuned
Don't forget Bodacious in Cartersville, VA! They have the dates for 2006 set (races in April, May and September). I hear that is a great, great time over there. That would be easier for me to get to that all the way at the beach.
http://www.geocities.com/od4wdc/

Old 02-16-2006, 09:10 AM
Tiggie
Laughing Gas
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Got the PM

I was looking at the Fun Ford Weekend, but it's freakin $35 to put your car in there. Or $25 just to get in on the weekend.

I would have been all for the Norfolk tour, that would have been awesome, even if it is farther away for me!