Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: Kramercd

Electing the chapter leader.

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 09:24 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Electing the chapter leader.

Ok, so according to the chapter guidelines need to elect our chapter leader off line. That means a meet and greet session somewhere.

I think in the interest of making it the most accessable to the most number of people we should choose a location central to the state. One of the resturants in North Little Rock comes to mind. I'm thinking maybe early afternoon on a Saturday to give the most people an opportunity to participate.

I just want it known that I will drive anywhere in the state to attend the inaugural event....so lets pick a time and a place.

The floor is open.

Old 01-30-2006, 09:50 PM
jimkidd
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by cookie88
Ok, so according to the chapter guidelines need to elect our chapter leader off line. That means a meet and greet session somewhere.

I think in the interest of making it the most accessable to the most number of people we should choose a location central to the state. One of the resturants in North Little Rock comes to mind. I'm thinking maybe early afternoon on a Saturday to give the most people an opportunity to participate.

I just want it known that I will drive anywhere in the state to attend the inaugural event....so lets pick a time and a place.

The floor is open.
I must of been starting my thread when you were finishing yours!!! Gotta love it.

Old 01-31-2006, 12:02 AM
Brian_B
Postmaster
As far as attending, early afternoon on a Saturday would be good for those of us who live a long ways off. It takes me just over 3 hours from home to Little rock to give you an idea of distance.

I am familiar with little rock, conway, benton (was born there...EEK!), etc. down that way, but not north little rock. If we meet there, some of us (ok....me ) will need good written directions before we leave.

Cookie88 suggested a certain restaurant. I know nothing about that area, but perhaps one with a private room for our meeting? My f-100 club meets at a perkins restaurant and we use a seperate room for our meal and meetings from everyone else.

A quiet place would be a benefit to me (hearing problem), but not absolutely necessary.

Anyone have dates in mind yet or is it too early?

Has anyone started a spreadsheet (or a simple list) of where everyone is yet? If those who can attend the first one were put on a map it might get us closer to a central location.

Brian_B <----- lives in Mountain Home, AR.

Old 01-31-2006, 07:27 AM
1996pwrstrk
Cargo Master
There are plenty of places in NLR right off the main hwys finding them should be no problem. Once we agree on a general place and see how many members are going to show we can reserve a meeting room. Sat works for me anywhere but I think we need to pick a target date.

Dave

Old 02-01-2006, 06:45 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Ok. The official word is we can elect the CL in this forum, and since it appears that the inaugural meeting is going to be a month out I say we do it here.

After reading through the various threads I have jimkidd with 4 votes and a single vote for me....and no, I didn't vote for myself .

So once again, the floor is open.

Old 02-02-2006, 09:53 PM
Brian_B
Postmaster
Any other people going to nominate themselves?

Whoever it is needs to be active both on FTE and in this forum.

Who do we have tenatively listed as a members now? Did anyone make a list?

Old 02-03-2006, 10:31 PM
jimkidd
Elder User
I will accept the role as leader. I think I would be a good one. But if it's not me we need to figure out who it's gonna be.

BTW check this out.

jimbo

Old 02-03-2006, 10:49 PM
Brian_B
Postmaster
As far as I am concerned, you are it. You got this whole thing started. In other words...its your fault! :P

Old 02-08-2006, 11:02 PM
bulldog
Freshman User
Jim for leader!!!!!

Your right. He started it. Ball is in your court Jim!