Iowa Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

snow + idiots = wreck

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 11:57 PM
jimbo beam
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool snow + idiots = wreck

well my truck sufferd her first battle wound today, some retard played chance and lost. i should tell yall that after a good month or so of no snow it really came down hard today. i was driving around 25mph in a 35, and out of no were he turns right in front of me, he was traveling the oposite direction of me and tryed to turn left in front of me. my truck [96 f150] nailed his [89 ranger] right behind the passenger side rear tire. so now ive got a nice smashed up bumper, and hes got a huge dent in the side of his bed. we both walked away from this crash [he walked away with a ticket for failing to yeild] my truck is fine besides the bumper, no hood, fender, or frame damage, and ive still got my headlights and grill in place. so now i get to miss work to deal with my insurance company and find a decent body shop, oh man how i wish i was in my old truck when this happend, that thing would of ate his truck for lunch. well i guess im done venting now.

oh and if anyone can recomend any decent body shops in the quad citys area that would be great.

Old 01-21-2006, 06:56 AM
F350KingRanch
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad you are OK. We have had a pretty mild winter over here in NW iowa as well. Jope you get it fixed soon. Ron

Old 01-21-2006, 07:19 AM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,107 Likes on 2,168 Posts
jimbo, forget about the body shop, what you want is a fabricator shop, and tell them you want one of these. you will never have to worry about dented bumpers again. at least on your truck, that is.

Old 01-21-2006, 01:50 PM
Sam_Fear
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If all you need is anew bumper, you sound you came out lucky. Sure you even need a bodyshop? How about a replacement bumper - the one pictured above is a beauty!

There were alot of accidents yesterday! Everyone of our drivers I talked to (around 40 or so) said they saw at least one accident and the rural guys say there were vehicles in the ditches everywhere. Wasn't that bad of a snow, just turned slick.

BTW, I live over on the east side up from the old Eagles store.

Old 01-21-2006, 04:01 PM
jimbo beam
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well the wreck shoved the right corner of my bumper down and back, it missed my tire by not even a millimeter. i had my uncle with me, when it was all said and done i had to let half the air out of my tire so it would clear the bumper when i turned, the crash took place about a mile away from my uncles house. i gimped the truck down the shoulder with my flashers on and got it to his house. so now the truck gets to sit untill the others guys insurance company can come out and take pictures of the damage. the reason i was asking about a body shop was when i had the death grip on the wheel at the point of impact it broke something behind my steering wheel, now it kindof flops around theres alot of play to it.

tjc transport i love the bumper if thats what you call it, but i think the truck is still to pretty to put that on, although it would be perfect for my old truck.

samfear, i live over in ridgeway just off of northwest blvd. about a half a mile from interstate 80.

Old 01-21-2006, 11:09 PM
Flareside94
Senior User
That's a nice bumper. Before he ran trees over, I'm sure it was pretty nice looking on the truck.

Old 01-22-2006, 05:01 AM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,107 Likes on 2,168 Posts
yup, once upon a time, long, long ago, back in 89 when it was put on, before the oaks and cars started rippin the paint off of it, it was a real purty high gloss black.

now it is just plain old git outta da way or you's gonna regret it uggly.

Old 01-22-2006, 01:33 PM
Flareside94
Senior User
I'd like to have a bumper fabbed up (Partial to nice double tube & hooped types), but I've got quite a few other things to worry about at the moment. Acquiring SAS parts, rear parts, have to take care of my single spot of rust on the truck sometime soon or it'll become a bigger job. If only I were out of college and had a shop.

Last edited by Flareside94; 01-22-2006 at 01:36 PM.
Old 01-22-2006, 10:44 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hmmm, that kind of thing can be arranged, remember, I have welders, torches, and plenty of fabrication experience...