Please Submit Chapter Proposals For Local Events For FTE to Attend

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 10:07 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Please Submit Chapter Proposals For Local Events For FTE to Attend

FTE is not going to have a 2006 National Rally.

We did not meet our goal for the minimum number of pre-registrations. Larry will be sending all the payments back first thing next week.

Peggy, the crew and I have had a lot of difficult discussions about this the past 2-3 weeks. We think its best for everyone if the Kansas Chapter takes it show completely back into its own hands. Its been a success that way for them, and its the local groups that help make FTE a success. We will give our support to the local groups the following ways...

1. Bail out of the national rally while it still leaves the Kansas Chapter time to put on their regional show.

2. We absolutely would love to see the Kansas Chapter put on a great regional Kansas show and will attend it. We'll even bring goodies for the members, but we can't cover the costs of a show as we did with a National FTE show.

3. We're going to ask for the other chapters to submit to FTE their plans for a local event. It can be big, or small, doesn't matter. It just has to have firm commitment from the members, with a date/time so we can make plans to attend. We're going to attend at least 4 chapter events this year, and Kansas is a firm commitment if they have their show. NW Chapter is a close second (if you can organize something, we'll be there).

4. We will support the local events we attend with trophies if they have enough trucks for judging, t-shirts, bumper stickers, hat pins and other goodies.

5. Chapter events that put on events we are unable to attend will get some t-shirts and bumper stickers to give away.

6. We will give our support to chapter events, whether we attend or not, by promoting their events.

We'd like to see each chapter submit a proposal to us for their local event. The event can be as big or little as you like. The goal is to have a well organized event with firm attendance commitments this spring and summer. We'll pick 4 we can attend and the others we'll send goodies to.

Last edited by F2504x4; 01-07-2006 at 05:40 PM. Reason: highlighting
Old 01-07-2006, 10:11 PM
Icicle
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We'll Start discussing it and see what we can come up with

Old 01-08-2006, 01:05 AM
ivanribic
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
10-4 Ken, we'll see what can be done. Sorry the national rally didn't work out this year, I know how hard you guys have been working on it.

Old 01-08-2006, 12:58 PM
Bargod
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As you are aware Ken, Fordtoberfest is being planned as I type. As soon as we have definite info for you, I will get it sent your way.

Old 01-12-2006, 10:18 AM
FTE Jason
Site Administrator

Tony

Call FTE HQ

I need to speak to you.

Jason

Old 01-16-2006, 02:11 PM
Beast12
Post Fiend
Old 01-16-2006, 04:34 PM
mustange70
Post Fiend
Awesome, i will jump on this right away, i have a few ideas, and already got one guy coming out to one event with me (Thunder in the Vallery in Crowsnestpass AB theres a mud bog car show, fireworks show etc), and i just might be able to get other to come out as well, maybe even some of the idaho/washington guys as well, i'll get a couple of threads going in both the ab/bc and bc chapter to get them interested.

Old 02-18-2006, 12:46 AM
ivanribic
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Alrighty, the NW Chapter is holding a regional GTG on August 26th, one week after Ontario's meet. It will be in Troutdale, OR which is 10 miles out of Portland. We still have a way to go as far as details but that's the date and location. The thread regarding it is here: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s....php?p=3421526

Old 02-18-2006, 09:58 AM
slmann
Postmaster
The Missouri chapter meet is set for August 5 at Lake of the Ozarks. We have a pavilion reserved at a park on the lake other details are still being worked out. Anyone is welcome to attend. Here is the link.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...d.php?t=458924

If you have any suggestions or ideas for us try this link
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...d.php?t=438742

Last edited by slmann; 02-18-2006 at 10:00 AM.
Old 07-30-2006, 08:54 PM
slmann
Postmaster
5. Chapter events that put on events we are unable to attend will get some t-shirts and bumper stickers to give away.

6. We will give our support to chapter events, whether we attend or not, by promoting their events.

We'd like to see each chapter submit a proposal to us for their local event. The event can be as big or little as you like. The goal is to have a well organized event with firm attendance commitments this spring and summer. We'll pick 4 we can attend and the others we'll send goodies to.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I keep looking in the wrong places but I have yet to see any support come the Missouri chapters way. Our meet is less than a week away now and I haven't heard anything. I have asked Ray for help and also sent in a support ticket along with posting the info here. So I guess it's one last time. How about throwing a bone our way. Any help with our meet?

Thanks,
Scott

Old 07-31-2006, 06:56 AM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
I don't believe we ever got a proposal sent our way for this meet (at least I never got one).

Under normal situations it can take 2-3 days for support tickets to filter up to me, and we're short staffed right now with staff vacations so its even slower. I just checked the ticket system but didn't find a have a mailing address or details in it (just a link to 7 pages of discussion, really can't spend an hour reading it this morning).

I wish a proposal had been sent my way as I could have made the show. Jay and I have been going over a list of events to go to this fall, because we didn't get any formal proposals from the chapters. My wife is in Missouri right now with 2 of the kids visiting their grandmother and we could rescheduled so I would be with them and meet ya'll.

I'll get some items sent, but I must have an address to send them to this morning in order to get them out in time. Call the office 678-218-4337, x101, submit a ticket, etc. If you don't get me a the office (I promised my oldest son I would take him to the park this morning) leave ALL the shipping information, including the name of the person to ship to, the number of attendees and number of trucks. I'll get a box shipped out the minute I come into the office.

To the other chapters, if you want support, call us, put together a proposal with firm details and submit it ASAP. We really need proposals to work by so they can be put on the agenda and staff schedules.

Please don't take this wrong, but its tough to remember an event based off a thread (that's why I needed proposals). I have so many items on our plate on any given day and my own to-do list has over 60 items on it, its nearly impossible for us to work by what's in the threads (2500-3000 posts each day).

Old 08-01-2006, 12:46 PM
slmann
Postmaster
I see I have a package on the way. Thank you very much Ken. On behalf of everyone in the Missouri chapter, we greatly appreciate the support.

Old 08-01-2006, 04:24 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
No problem. UPS's guarantee says it will get there Thursday. It shipped ground. I was going to ship it 2nd day, but the guarantee was for the same day!

- You should have plently of t-shirts for most everyone, but sizes may be a problem (we ran out of 2x, so the only 2x in the box are from last year's rally). If you come up short let me know and we'll try to send some out, but no concrete promises on delivery time as we need to get more printed and that takes time.
- 15 FTE hat pins (these are really nice)
- 4 Roush truck lithographs
- 2 Ford truck parts locating guides
- 30 FTE window/bumper stickers
- Several SCT tuning stickers (they gave these to us to give out)
- Several "I'd Rather Eat Worms Than Drive a Chevy", "I'd Rather Eat Worms Than Drive a Mopar" and "You Drive a Mopar, Ha! Ha!" decals.
- 3 (I think, maybe 2) of the plastic Ford "#1" signs that go on the front of Ford's professional motorcross team. These are nearly identical to the one used on the actual racing motorcycles.
- 1 Roush 2006 calendar
- 5 Blue Over Truck Parts catalogs (these are fairly big, normally $5 each)

I think there are a couple of other items, don't remember (I packed it in a hurry yesterday morning). Overall, plenty to give away or use as prizes. If you do any sort of show-n-shine, let me know who wins and we'll think of a nice prize to send.

I'm really sorry I can't be there. Wife's visit to her mother, and Jay's vacation this week, but we'll be there in spirit. Send us some photos and a write up (1/2 to 1 page) and we'll do a feature article for the gang.

Old 08-01-2006, 05:46 PM
Century Coronado
Posting Guru
Ken,

As a member of the Missouri Chapter I say thank you, thank you, thank you. The Missouri Chapter appreciates the goodies showing your support of our event and for what you do on a daily basis for all of us who frequent this site.

As motivational speaker, the late Dr. Kenneth McFarland once said, " There are no traffic jams on the extra mile." By your swift response and quick action to get us the items in time for our event, you sir have shown all of us you know that route well. You and this site are truely a class act and again we thank you for it.

As for your being there?, there is always next year.

Sincerely,
Brad

Old 08-02-2006, 08:04 PM
bterry
Elder User
I'm hosting a little meet in Binghamton, NY (actually Conklin), August 12th & 13th. Just thought I'd let you all know.
Here's the thread:
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...61#post3857761.

Quick Reply: Please Submit Chapter Proposals For Local Events For FTE to Attend