Illinois Chapter Join Chapter Leader: wpnaes

IL house bill 25

Old 12-31-2005, 07:15 PM
whowey
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IL house bill 25

Anyone remember the posts earlier this year about this dog of a bill?

To catch people up to speed.

Dan Brady 88th district(Bloomington area) sponsored a bill that removed the language that protected vehicles older than 25 years from inoperative vehicle ordinances. This could have subjected people with old 'projects' to having them declared an 'eyesore' and ticketed or towed from their property.

Well, the good news is this dog still has failed to pick-up a co-sponsor, and remains stalled in the rules committee. If it ever makes it out of the rules committee it will still have to go to the government committee before it can make it to the house floor. I have not yet found an IL senate version, so it would have to have one passed before Chicagovich can get a whack at it.

Old 01-01-2006, 01:24 PM
Fastronald
Elder User
Brady

Some time ago, I e-mailed this a$%hole and asked why he felt he was graced with the power to limit or destroy my chosen hobby.

I gave this moron my opinion of his agenda.

Old 01-01-2006, 11:15 PM
whowey
Senior User
Originally Posted by Fastronald
Some time ago, I e-mailed this a$%hole and asked why he felt he was graced with the power to limit or destroy my chosen hobby.

I gave this moron my opinion of his agenda.
I asked my Rep.(Jim Sacia R-Freeport) about it. He had not heard of it. But he isn't on either sub committee that would have seen this already. He said the being sent back to the rules committee, meant that there was a technical error in the bill. I asked why would it take so long to come back out. He said without co-sponsors, the chair has no political motavation to do anything with it. So it may sit, until the session expires in the spring. The Rep. Doofus will have to re-introduce it at another session.