Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Somebody find me a cliff---

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 10:36 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Somebody find me a cliff---

Preferably somewhere outside of city limits so I can start a large bon-fire at the bottom of it---and push this piece of crap off the edge.

First it was the slave cylinder---now what? The master cylinder?

The turd was fine for a week---no problems---actually made me think it had a little still left in it. Get in it tonight to drive a short distance (less than a mile) from Chili's to the movie theater. Didn't even make it out of the Chili's parking lot when I went to shift into---I don't know---2nd, maybe 3rd---clutch pedal went straight to the floor. Absolutely no resistance. Piece of crap.

So, a little bit of quick thinking told me to limp it into Wal-Mart---atleast there maybe the turd wouldn't get towed off since they're the only thing open 24/7 around there. Get out to look where the fluid is coming from, only to realize my Mag-Lite is nowhere to be found. Then it was on to the call list. 17 phone calls later, I happen to walk into somebody at Wal-Mart---actually, a whole slew of people (none of whom were together---but all of which were just as problematic as the next). Shara---the chick I've posted about on here before with the crazy father---she offered me a ride, so long as it would clear with her parents----yeah, right. I told her "thanks, but I'll find somebody else". Not 5 minutes later, I walk into my old ex's parents---after them, I ran into one of the guys from work---sorry, but I don't really want him of all people from that holding cell they call a job knowing where I live.

Suffice to say---I found a ride home. Got my stepfather's Toyota---which I must say seems to be MUCH nicer than that piece of ranger I drive.

I'm tempted to just leave the pile of crud up there until next week.

STan

Old 12-16-2005, 10:51 PM
dakota_viking
Elder User
It'll be OK Stan. Little blue is just telling you he needs a little more attention than you have had time to give it lately.

Look at it this way, if it's the master cylinder, it's a lot easier to fix! Before you pull it off, make sure you check the fluid level and see if you have any air in the line.

If the slave leaked out most of the fluid, it may have damaged the master when the fluids were low.

AutoZone has the master cylinder for $54.99 (Part #12557). Shouldn't take too long to change. Hey, at least you didn't have to change out the door glass!

Hope you get it fixed,

Tim

Old 12-17-2005, 09:23 AM
MikeB 88
Fleet Mechanic
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Stan,

One thing you must remember. all vehicles have EARS and know what your saying about them. Souns like it wants to spend some quality time with you!!!

Mike

Old 12-19-2005, 08:16 AM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Okay, it's back up and running. We had to pull it back from Claremore to our shop here---6 miles of getting towed by a Cheby, I was slightly embarrased, thankfully it was at 11pm and dark. Oh-well.

Old 12-19-2005, 11:10 AM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Traxxis
Preferably somewhere outside of city limits so I can start a large bon-fire at the bottom of it---and push this piece of crap off the edge.

STan
Lemme know when you do, I've got a truck bed full of old fence panels that I need to get rid of.

If you need help workin on ol' blue, just lemme know. I'm done with school for a couple/three weeks.

Psssst.....I'd have to agree with Mike, talk nice to ol Blue. It really does make a difference.

FYI, if you want to step up to a nice full size 70's Bronco, I saw one for sale on the custom trailer lot coming into Owasso on HWY169 North. It is bright yellow and I think the window sticker said $4,900?

P.S. Depending on yer auto insurance coverage, you can get reimbursed for the tow expenses. My policy lets me get reimbursed 2 or 3 times a year.

Old 12-20-2005, 08:46 AM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Originally Posted by cigarxtc
FYI, if you want to step up to a nice full size 70's Bronco, I saw one for sale on the custom trailer lot coming into Owasso on HWY169 North. It is bright yellow and I think the window sticker said $4,900?

P.S. Depending on yer auto insurance coverage, you can get reimbursed for the tow expenses. My policy lets me get reimbursed 2 or 3 times a year.
Ah... $4900 is too much for a poor guy like me.

Actually, I just had Troy pull me behind his truck---yup, a Cheby. Kinda scarey though---I think he was messing with me---and he did a good job. I was pretty tense when we got out on the highway---we must have been going 70, and I was only on a 9 foot tow strap.

BTW: Yes, they did delete that thread---though I am unsure as to why. The flames must have flaired after we left. Sorry for the slow reply.

Old 12-20-2005, 08:49 AM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Oh, and thanks for the offer of help---but I've already finished it. It was indeed the master cylinder like I had originally suspected.

$65.00 and two hours later, it's back up.

STan

Old 12-20-2005, 09:14 AM
MikeB 88
Fleet Mechanic
Make sre you talk nice to ole blue from now on, and it'l treat you better. Gld you got it fixed.

Mike B

Old 12-20-2005, 09:48 AM
dakota_viking
Elder User
Originally Posted by cigarxtc
Hey Ron,

I've looked at that Bronco up close, I think they are asking about $4000 too much for it. I think the paint is holding most of the body together...lots of rust and bondo. It still has potential but would require a lot of work.

Just thought I'd give you some up close insight.

Tim

Old 12-20-2005, 10:02 AM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Thanks, Tim. I hadn't gotten that close to it.

On another note, we need to have an Oklahoma FTE bonfire get together. I'll supply the wood to burn.(fence panels)

Old 12-20-2005, 10:44 AM
SwOkcOffRoader
Postmaster
Just bring those fence panels to okc, ill take em!! glad to hear you got blue running again stan, it sucks when your means of transportation decides to take a small vacation by calling in sick!!

Old 12-20-2005, 03:11 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Originally Posted by SwOkcOffRoader
Just bring those fence panels to okc, ill take em!!
Actually, if you need those--I will be coming to Norman on New Years Eve if you want me to, and Ron want to rid himself of them, I'd be happy to run them by for you.

Lemme know,
STan

Old 12-20-2005, 03:49 PM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
I don't think ya'll would want these. They are the original 1988/89 panels all weathered and rotted at the bases. But, if ya'll really want them I would have no problem giving them away, but I don't know if they would all fit in yer truck Stan. And if stacked they would drastically cut down on yer gas mileage.

I've been putting off taking them to the landfill because it would probably cost over $20. I have been keeping my eyes peeled for any body setting up a bonfire so I could just dump them on the pile, but no luck yet.

Old 12-20-2005, 07:45 PM
SwOkcOffRoader
Postmaster
i just need a few good ones to patch my falling fence, but that is an akward load to carry that far in blue......you can if youd like, but i honestly was kinda jokingly serious(is that possible??lol)....thanks for the thought though!!

Old 12-21-2005, 05:43 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Ahh... I've got some tie straps. Blue can handle it.

Ron, if Brian doesn't want them, and you still want to get rid of them---I can get you into the dump at the port. It's free---and I work there---they shouldn't give any problems.

Lemme know.

Quick Reply: Somebody find me a cliff---