Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Anybody have a tranny jack???

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 07:17 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody have a tranny jack???

I suppose I'm going to try to tackel this blasted slave cylinder in stepfather's shop---but the one thing he doesn't have is a tranny jack. I was hoping maybe somebody in the Tulsa area would have access to one for a day or two??? I was going to try to do this on Saturday night after I get off of work.

I wanted to wait until after finals (last final is on the 15th)---but I'm afriad Blue isn't going to make it that far. I've been filling up the clutch fluid atleast twice a day for the last few days. It's getting to the point that I have to actually shut the truck off, put it in first, then start it back up when I'm at a stoplight (or stopsign).

Y'all can post up on here, or you can give me a call---if you don't have my number, I'll pm it too you (or if I don't answer the pm, you could ask Tim, Ron, Brian or Ken).

Thanks guys!
STan

Old 12-09-2005, 10:06 AM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I managed to find one at a rental store----$30/day at the one here in Claremore, or $15/day at the one in Owasso.

Owasso, here I come.

STan

Old 12-09-2005, 11:04 PM
okiewelder
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
jack

we always just made a plate that would go onto a normal floor jack.
it would be a flat plate with a pipe on the bottom with some little ears to kinda fit around the pan.
I have also just used a floor jack and a 2x4 on the tranny pan.
I have a lift now and have done 4 or 5 clutch jobs in front wheel drive cars and just heave them in and out.
Well whatever way you go good luck. Trannies can be frustrating at times.
Steven