Help with Understanding F250 packages..

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2005, 11:35 AM
SDTruckMan
Laughing Gas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with Understanding F250 packages..

I need some help deciphering the following packages.

Direct from F250/350 Brochure.

Camper Package<o =""></o>

Includes 2-up front springs (4x2 – 300lb upgrade) or 1 up front springs (4x4 – 400 lbs upgrade) above the spring computer selected as a consequence of options chosen, not included if maximum springs have been computer-selected as standard equipment; rear stabilizer bar (SRW); slide-in-camper certification; auxiliary rear springs where not standard.

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <o =""></o>
Heavy Service Suspension Package<o =""></o>

Includes 1-up front spring (4x2 -150 lb, 4x4 -400 lb upgrade) above the spring computer-selected as a consequence of options chosen, not included if maximum springs have been computer-selected as standard equipment; auxiliary rear springs where not standard.

Snow Plow Prep Package<o =""></o>

Front Springs/GAWR upgrade (5200 or 5600 lbs with gas engine; 6000 lbs with diesel engine) auxiliary rear springs where not standard; 140 amp alternator and unique fan clutch with diesel engine (4x4 only)

Stabilizer Package<o =""></o>

Includes heavy-service front springs and rear stabilizer bar ( available on SRW only; n/a with heavy-service suspension pakage)

Im trying to understand these packages. I was thinking of going with the snow plow package as I may plow snow with the truck.

I noticed on a truck the other day that it had both the snow plow package and a camper package.

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]--><o =""></o>
1. Im guessing with it optioned out with both the Camper Package and the Snow Plow Package then all one is getting with the camper package is , camper certification for a slide in camper.

As the Snow plow package already includes the heavier front Springs and auxiliary springs. However the camper package does have the rear stabilizer bar included, Snow plow package does not but that’s where im lost to, as if you look at the brochure on the specifications page(26) far left hand column. Under Standard Features then Mechanical, it says that it has a stabilizer bar front and rear.

<!--[if !supportLists]-->2.<!--[endif]-->The heavy service package... has only 1 up front springs vs the 2- upfront springs on the camper package, and once again auxiliary springs.

<!--[if !supportLists]-->3.<!--[endif]-->Snow plow prep-- has heavier springs then the camper pakage, includes the auxiliary rear springs of the camper package. So the only thing, If I ordered the snow plow prep and camper package on the same truck im just paying for camper certification? And maybe a rear stabilizer bar

<!--[if !supportLists]-->4.<!--[endif]-->Stabilizer package..just says you get heavy service springs but doesnt say how heavy like the other packages and includes a rear stabilizer bar which once again if you look Under Standard Features then Mechanical, it says that it has a stabilizer bar front and rear.

So really isnt one better off just getting the Snow plow prep group and forgetting the others as the seem redundant other than you get a certification of the camper with the camper package What are the MSRP's of these packages?

Camper Package<o =""></o>

Heavy Service Suspension Package

Snow Plow Prep Package<o =""></o>

Stabilizer Package<o =""></o>

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]--><o =""></o>also one of the other packages listed is...

FX4 Off Road Package<o =""></o>

Includes transfer case and fuel tank skid plates, specifically tuned front and rear shocks; FX4 off- road decals

Once again if you look in the specifications on page(26) under features and options the 4th item from the bottom of the Mechanical List is “ Skid Plate Package” Which includes the transfer and fuel tank skid plates. But you dont get the Tuned front and rear shocks nor the decals.

So what does the Optional FX4 package Cost “MSRP”

and what does the Optional Skid Plate Package Cost “MSRP”

are the tuned shocks really that important? Is it worth the price difference?

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> Also Whats the difference between

Preferred Equipment Package 618A and

Preferred Equipment Package 608A

Thanks

Old 11-25-2005, 12:00 PM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Last one first: 608A is used for a 250, 618A is for a 350 SRW.

FX4 varies depending on model, but the only useful part of the package is skid plates, which you can buy separately. All FX4 adds is a sticker on the fender, and "Rancho" stickers on Ford shocks.

In a nutshell: forget the heavy-duty service package. Unless you're putting an auxiliary pumper on the front of the fire department's new truck, it's far too stiff to consider for everyday driving. If you put a plow on the truck and DON'T get the plow prep package, you risk voiding your warranty. The camper package is for slide-in campers; without it, again the warranty could be a problem. The stabilizer package is worthwhile when you're towing.

Old 11-26-2005, 07:37 PM
SDTruckMan
Laughing Gas
Thanks Mark,

Snow Plow Prep it is, will pass on Camper Pkg as I wont have a slide in camper but may have a tow behind of some sort.
However Im still confused about the Stabilizer..

As the Snow plow package already includes the heavier front Springs and auxiliary springs. However the camper package does have the rear stabilizer bar included,
Snow plow package does not but that’s where im lost to, as if you look at the brochure on the specifications page(26) far left hand column. Under Standard Features then Mechanical, it says that it has a stabilizer bar front and rear.

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <o =""></o><!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <o =""></o><!--[if !supportLists]--><!--[endif]-->3.Snow plow prep-- has heavier springs then the camper pakage, includes the auxiliary rear springs of the camper package. So the only thing, If I ordered the snow plow prep and camper package on the same truck im just paying for camper certification? And maybe a rear stabilizer bar

<!--[if !supportLists]--><!--[endif]-->4.Stabilizer package..just says you get heavy service springs but doesnt say how heavy like the other packages and includes a rear stabilizer bar which once again if you look Under Standard Features then Mechanical, it says that it has a stabilizer bar front and rear.
So what about the stabilizer bar, Which is included in both the camper pkg and stabilizer pkg, and also listed as a standard feature in the trucks specs on page 26 of the brochure.

If I need to order it then am i better off getting the camper pkg or the stabilizer pkg.

Also..
Engine block heater says its optional but Quote.(standard in 10 cold weather states). whats the 10 states they consider for this to be a standard item.

Thanks for the help.

Old 11-26-2005, 10:22 PM
SDTruckMan
Laughing Gas
Thanks Jeff ....
Dont know what I was thinking when I put Mark, other than I was talking to a Mark in the background while I was typing that message, then got to thinking about it later....I think I addressed that post to mark.. Sure enough..

Sorry