Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Does anybody here have a Billiards Table? We need an FTE Pool meet.

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 02:42 PM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anybody here have a Billiards Table? We need an FTE Pool meet.

I wish I had one. I was just wondering if anybody else here has a pool table that might be interested in hosting a future FTE Meet? If not, maybe we can have our next meet at a billiards place. wink wink nudge nudge Or would anybody here even be interested in an FTE Meet at a billiards place?

Last edited by cigarxtc; 10-13-2005 at 02:45 PM.
Old 10-13-2005, 02:55 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Hey, that sounds like a great idea Ron!

I've got a place we can probably use, however the table is small, and there is only one. I think it would be best to hit up Magoo's or something, what do y'all think??

STan

Old 10-14-2005, 12:57 AM
mjwhip2
Elder User
If you wanted one down in OKC you could do it at Slick ******* (I've only been to the one on Reno). For those who haven't been there they have about 40 tables and decent parking for trucks (if you get there early enough)

Are most of you guys from up around Tulsa or here in OKC?

Old 10-14-2005, 08:28 AM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
There's a good mix of us in NE Oklahoma; a handful in the Tulsa and surrounding areas. There's a good mix of members down in OKC and that part of the state too.

Hey, we've got a slick ******* up here in Tulsa too. It's on 71st Street behind the mall.

Heya Stan, there's also a new sports bar in Owasso; called the Vault. I'm told it's a classy joint with lots of big screen sports broadcasts playing all the time as well as a pool table or two. You and I will have to go scope it out to see if it would be a good meeting spot. I'll buy you a cold frosty one for your 21st B-Day.

Old 10-14-2005, 10:05 AM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Actually, I noticed a couple months ago that they've closed Slick Willie's down... so I think Magoo's is really the only place anymore.

Ron, though I'm not sure about the cold one (although, a root beer would be alright! hehe)--we can try to meet up sometime--besides, I've still gotta get my chair back from you! hehe

BTW: Has anybody heard from Alice? I was wondering how the baby was--or if she's/he's arrived (sp?) yet.

STan

Old 10-16-2005, 06:56 PM
ranger240
Elder User
I never liked slick *******, it was WAY over priced. I like truelove's place "TP's" out in midwest city (just west of OKC, in the OKC metro) and as for a local pool and beer night, I'd be up for it, just PM me your number and we'll hook up. I am just south of OKC in Moore, so I'm just around the corner from where you work.....and we can take my FORD and leave your honduh here. haha

Old 10-16-2005, 07:13 PM
mjwhip2
Elder User
Ranger, do you ever go to the Corner Pocket, SW 89th and I-35? I go with a couple of guys from my class once or twice a week.
Got a problem with my HONDuh there bud. I just couldn't justify the expense to drive the PSD down here. 40 mpg vs 18. $2.29/gal for gas and $3.11/gal for diesel. If I did that I wouldn't be able to afford to go out for a night of beer and pool.
The only reason I go to Slick ******* is that it was the first pool hall I went to here a year or two ago, and I got to know all the people there. I used to get a lot of free pool. But they are all gone now.
What night would be best for you?

Old 10-17-2005, 08:55 AM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Can we do Thursday night guys?? I'll be coming down there on Thursday morning--staying until Friday afternoon.

Anyways, lemme know. I'd like to see you guys while I'm down there.

STan

Old 10-17-2005, 11:43 AM
mjwhip2
Elder User
Thursday will work for me. Just name a time and place. As long as it is after about 4pm I'm good.

Old 10-18-2005, 05:14 PM
ranger240
Elder User
mjwhip2, I was just messin' I drive a nissan daily, so I gots no hard feelin's for ya'!

as for pool I'll be off work thurs at 6, and off all day friday, so whatever.

I haven't been to the corner pocket, I feel that side of town to be quite scary, and I don't like putting my car or self at risk like that. but if I drove my truck, I don't think I'd be given any problems. haha.

MJ, I feel I must inform you....I am quite possibly getting a job out there at FAA, so we may have a little more in common than just being ford guys who drive imports!!! ahahaha!!

Old 10-18-2005, 11:13 PM
mjwhip2
Elder User
The corner pocket isn't anywhere I'd like to spend a whole lot of time, but $1.25 bottles for happy hour will get me placed I'd otherwise not go.

So ranger, what you looking at doing with the agency? I work in communications at the Salt Lake City ARTCC (Air Route Traffic Control Center) I work on the voice switch which routes the voice to/from the controllers and aircraft as well as to other controllers at our center and around the continent. Plus I work on all the modems which bring in all the radar and data from different sites around Utah, Montana, Idaho, Nevada, Colorado, and Wyoming.
You can't go wrong with getting a job with the FAA. Pretty good security and good pay. Plus (if you don't live here) you get to come visit OKC for months at a time, its great . Just kidding, its not too bad, I'm just ready to go back home, 3 1/2 weeks and counting.

Thursday will work fine for me. Its your guys town so its up to you (although I've probably been to more places than the average Oklahoman, thats what happens when you set a married guy loose without his wife around with per diem)

Old 10-19-2005, 08:54 AM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Originally Posted by mjwhip2
Thursday will work fine for me. Its your guys town so its up to you (although I've probably been to more places than the average Oklahoman, thats what happens when you set a married guy loose without his wife around with per diem)
Thusday night still works for me too fellas, however you guys gotta pick the spot---that's not my part of the state either. I'll be in Norman, so I can go to Moore or OKC---just lemme know.

STan

Old 10-19-2005, 05:34 PM
ranger240
Elder User
well I am in moore, so I'm right between you two, I'd just like to stay away from the dives around I-35 and the south side, kinda scary if you asked me. do you mind going to a bar, stan? if so then I'd suggest a bowling alley with a pool table, or just going out to midwest city, truelove's place. I don't get out THAT often to really pick a place, so I just go with what I know. there is also Jamaica Joe's out on 15th close to airdepot in midwest city, they don't serve beer though, if I'm not mistaken.

if you want clean, friendly, and decent food, then incredible pizza company on NW Expressway would be a good spot, but they aren't cheap, by any means.

I don't care where we go, I just want a good drink, and to get away from the riggors I have been through the past 2 weeks.

Old 10-19-2005, 06:35 PM
hotrod48
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Who wants to come get me? I enjoy playing pool, but not very good. I may try to come (Don't count on it though). There used to be Huxlers in Norman but it got closed down. The bowling alley off 24th Street in Norman has pool tables. I have heard that Coaches in Norman also does. There is a new restaurant in Newcastle, Halftime Sports Bar & Grill, it has pool tables.

hotrod48

Old 10-19-2005, 06:55 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Originally Posted by ranger240
well I am in moore, so I'm right between you two, I'd just like to stay away from the dives around I-35 and the south side, kinda scary if you asked me. do you mind going to a bar, stan? if so then I'd suggest a bowling alley with a pool table, or just going out to midwest city, truelove's place. I don't get out THAT often to really pick a place, so I just go with what I know. there is also Jamaica Joe's out on 15th close to airdepot in midwest city, they don't serve beer though, if I'm not mistaken.
Wherever---just lemme know. I'd rather not---but it wont kill me.

STan

Quick Reply: Does anybody here have a Billiards Table? We need an FTE Pool meet.