Kentucky Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: SideWinder4.9l

Introducing: Myself (Sorry nobody Famous)

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 10:01 PM
4starcstms
Laughing Gas
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Talking Introducing: Myself (Sorry nobody Famous)

I thought I would take a minute and introduce myself. My Name is Scott, from Georgetown (central) Kentucky. Im 25, currently employed driving a Semi truck (Psst dont tell mom she thinks im the piano player in the cat house). I have been doing bodywork since I was 18 yrs old, havent had much in the way of formal training, learned from a old skool bodyman. Ive been part owner, full owner, and am once again part owner in a bodyshop. I have three trucks, a 93 Bronco, a 73 F250, and my pride and not yet complete joy ... 1975 F250 Highboy nicknamed Monster Tigger!

Ill give ya a little history on the trucks, so if your bored, stop reading
My 73 was purchased in Dec of 97, was a pretty complete truck, used it as my driver thru High School, the motor had internal issues thou, ended up having to do a full rebuild during my Sr Year . So It got a Full Hi po treatment, upped compression, larger Valves, Ported/polished heads, custom cam, etc etc etc, a Very sweet motor all in all.. It fithfully drove me around, moved me and my mom from Missouri, to kentucky, and all it asked in return was to satisfy its thirst for gas...

My 93 Bronco was also bought my Senior year in HS, more of a family thing than mine, thou it has since become my Daily Driver and haul all/parts getter with 178k on the odo with no major overhauls or major breakages im extremely happy..

my 75 Highboy was bought this time last year, off Ebay from a guy in missouri who was 'cleaning out his field'. Paid 1200 for it, was complete, drivetrain, interior (thou the seat was wrong). Me and a friend Drug it out of the field there, back to kentucky where I yanked the motor from my 73, and Stuffed the built 390 under the hood of "Monster Tigger". After replacing all the brakes, clutch, tranny and Tcase seals, rubber brake lines, etc etc it was used as my transport to and from work, and the genral hauler for a couple months until spring rolled around. There was some pretty serious ROT on this truck, so new fenders, doors, inner fenders, core support and used hood were ordered, Primed, and mounted to check and adjust for fit. The Cab needed a cab corner and the bed was totally shot, needing floor and outer skins. Working thru the summer, ive managed to fix all the rust on the cab, and get it painted, im still working on the bed thou. Ive put new seats, carpet, and the all important stereo into the interior.

Okay so thats about it for me, and my trucks. You can see pictures in my gallery.. before, during and after. As I get more and more done Ill make sure to give a heads up or post the photos

Old 10-14-2005, 02:16 PM
rywegh
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thats pretty informative there. Me I'm 32 and live up in Florence.

Old 10-14-2005, 11:15 PM
4starcstms
Laughing Gas
Haha well ... might help answer any questions about me or my trucks ... and where they come from.

Ive got a very good friend from latonia.. and a few more friends up north, florence area. most of em are comin down to Georgetown for the all truck show tmw

Old 10-14-2005, 11:53 PM
rywegh
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wish I knew about it. I've got to work. DARN!

Old 10-15-2005, 06:00 PM
4starcstms
Laughing Gas
Sorry I never thought to post it over here. A bunch of guys from the Ky Chapter of Ford Truck World, came down for it, I hung out with them, and got runner up with my 75 in the unfinished class, AND two other guys from f t w took home top 50 trophys, one with a 97 the other with a 74.

Old 10-16-2005, 07:41 AM
Greg 79 f150
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nobody famous ! ???

You are being much too modest now Scott, you have a HUGE sticky thread over in Paint /Bodywork that is your masterpiece. A mega info thread that has helped all of us diyer's on our trucks ! My thanks to you for it !

Old 10-16-2005, 09:08 AM
4starcstms
Laughing Gas
Haha im glad its helping some people! Thanks! Ya made my day Greg