Illinois Chapter Join Chapter Leader: wpnaes

illinois ford chapter

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 06:11 PM
stx4x4
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question illinois ford chapter

is there a ford chapter ford club or a f150 club or anything of the sort out there would like to join or even start one!

Old 10-08-2005, 07:40 PM
deerfeedrb
New User
Illinois chapter

I'm interested too. I'm located in champaign-urbana.

Old 10-08-2005, 08:19 PM
Racerguy
Hotshot
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Scroll down a ways on the main forum page and you'll find FTE's Illinois chapter. You may be able to organize a get together or something in there.

Old 10-08-2005, 08:49 PM
WhëëlMå1
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Moved to Illinois Chapter.

Old 10-09-2005, 02:17 PM
91f250460
Senior User
Welcome deerfeed. I see you are in the middle of the state also. This is a great site and the Illinois chapter has a lot of great people in it. You will find that their are monthly get togethers and several members from down south are trying to start a southern chapter given the length of the state. unfortunately for us stuck in the middle the couple of times areas like danville or paxton have been mentioned for a meet the response appears to be dismal, most of the meets are towards the north. you know the greater population of the 52nd state of Chicago(sorry guys couldn't resist). Given the driving distance I haven't been able to make a meet yet.

T. Roberts
UFD Local 1147

Old 10-12-2005, 06:45 PM
BobbyDiesel71
Postmaster
Originally Posted by stx4x4
is there a ford chapter ford club or a f150 club or anything of the sort out there would like to join or even start one!
where are you located in the state? N?S?E?W?
some of us(SuperDuty)owners are in the far west suburbs and Chicagoland area, others are just south of Chicago and some are more central/south
Our next meeting will be in Bradley,IL on Nov 5th, look for the post NOV meeting

Old 10-15-2005, 11:43 AM
slmann
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would like to invite any Illinois members that are close to the St. Louis area to join us in the Missouri chapter. I'm not trying to steal any members from the Ill. chapter, but I know how everyone in the state chapters are spread out and sometimes it is difficult to get people together. We are trying the regional leader thing, someone takes care of getting people together in their area and such and reports back to the chapter leader. I'm the Mo. chapter leader and live near St. Louis and I'm trying to get people together in the general area. So like I said before, anyone is welcome to join us in the Mo. chapter.

Old 10-15-2005, 12:07 PM
deerfeedrb
New User
Originally Posted by 91f250460
Welcome deerfeed. I see you are in the middle of the state also. This is a great site and the Illinois chapter has a lot of great people in it. You will find that their are monthly get togethers and several members from down south are trying to start a southern chapter given the length of the state. unfortunately for us stuck in the middle the couple of times areas like danville or paxton have been mentioned for a meet the response appears to be dismal, most of the meets are towards the north. you know the greater population of the 52nd state of Chicago(sorry guys couldn't resist). Given the driving distance I haven't been able to make a meet yet.

T. Roberts
UFD Local 1147
Thanks for the welcoming. I am actually new to Illinois (I've been here 2 months) as I am originally from Austin, Texas and have just moved here from Penn State where I did my undergrad. The driving distance and my lack of familiarity with the Chicago area kept me from making the last meet. It seems that everything is located just outside of reasonable driving distance from where I'm located. Chicago 2.5hrs, St. Louis 3 hrs, Indy 2 hrs. In anycase, I hope to make it to a meet at some point.

Ray

Old 10-18-2005, 10:11 AM
ChurchTurtle
Elder User
Welcome to Illinois Deerfeedrb. Chicago can be challenging, but once you've been up there a few times, it's not that bad. No amount of experience can change the cost of fuel, however. Talk to you later.

I might be able to make the Nov. 5 meeting. My in-laws live in the K3 area and we might be over there. I'll check back for more info.

Old 10-18-2005, 10:12 AM
ChurchTurtle
Elder User
JUst checked out JohnT's thread. I know where that is! Maybe I'll see you there.

Old 11-02-2005, 08:04 PM
Fastronald
Elder User
Illinois Chapter

An Illinois Ford or F - 150 club? The Illinois Chapter isn't good enough?

We had tried many times to hold meetings in Danville, Charleston, Paxton and the responce was near nothing.

We held a meeting in Gilman..........and the new faces lived about a mile from me up here.

To allow the Chapter to respond to members, you must take part, be active and attend a meeting.

Nothing ventured..............Nothing gained.

Fastronald - former Chapter Leader.

My opinions are my own and may not or DO NOT reflect the views of our current Officers.

If members desire a meeting in their area, get involved!

Old 11-04-2005, 12:25 PM
JohnT
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

For any new members who are interested, our November Chapter meeting will be held this Saturday (Nov 5) at 7:30 PM at Mancino's Pizza and Grinders in Bradley. Mancino's is located on RT 45 across the street from Perry Farm.

JohnT- IL Chapter leader