Iowa Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Scramble

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 07:20 PM
concretegarage
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scramble

Just curious. I've got an uninsulated garage, and a project truck, which means I'm trying to get as much work in on it before the weather turns cold. Am I the only one scrambling to get projects done?

Old 10-04-2005, 01:24 AM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I don't even have a garage I can get my truck into, although I have a friend that is gonna let me store the race truck in his machine shed this year. scrambling to get things done, naw still got to race one more time this year then get it cleaned up, and in the shed, and pull the engine/tranny sometime in the next month but heck I built that truck in the backyard over the winter in snow.

Old 10-04-2005, 09:05 AM
fellro86
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I still work out in the shop even when it is cold, and my shop here isn't even close to reasonably heatable... I do need to get done with my current project for the fact the farm will be needing it for the winter, but I can still do some things every so often.

Old 10-04-2005, 03:08 PM
69 and 85
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had a pole building put up last year.... no insulation, but I have one of those kerosene heaters ... some guys call 'em torpedo or a salamander - works great! For me #1 get a roof and a wind block ( the building) and #2 get a floor! Got tired of loosing nuts in the the dirt/gravel.

Old 10-09-2005, 05:24 AM
wyldstallyn73
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess I'm the lucky one here, I have a two vehicle shop with concrete floor and insulated walls with a wood stove- I am of the belief that the shop is for winter projects to be finished by spring. To me winter means quality time with the welder, torch, grinders, etc, couple of bottles of Pepsi (or beer if I feel like it) and the radio cranked up on Lazer!!

Old 10-09-2005, 11:51 AM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
yeah your the luckly one alright I just wish I had a shop as nice as what you got. Oh well maybe a year or two I can get back out of town hate living in town and really miss having the morton building to work in.

Old 10-16-2005, 08:50 PM
chrono4
Post Fiend
i started insulating the ceiling of my garage last year, but still havent finished it yet. the walls do pretty good, as there are buildings less than 4 feet from them, so it blocks most of the wind out. if we owned it, id do all the garage, and drop a stove in there, but we dont, so we dont want to put to much money into it anyway. i wish the owners would have sprung for the gold and did the whole garage insulated, but hey at least i got a roof over my head in the winter.

Old 10-17-2005, 08:02 AM
69 and 85
Elder User
Just did the last pour on my building. I'm not too worried about insulation since I spent the last few winters with gravel floor or no building at all.

Old 10-18-2005, 03:13 AM
Sam_Fear
Posting Guru
I'm always scrambling to get a project done. Been awhile since I've posted (or even been on FTE even) because of that scramble. This year I've almost finished my kitchen rebuild, installed a tin ceiling, tore down my shack of a garage and replaced with new 24x24 garage, and moved my wood shop from the basement to the garage. I have 6 new windows coming in 2 weeks to install too. All of it behind schedule. After the kitchen and windows are done I plan to spend my winter on my truck. Rebuild my 63's 292, tranny swap, disc brakes and new radiator core support for starters.

BTW, my garage is uninsulated, unheated, and no electricity except for the extension cord running from my house. (power will be coming next spring) Besides the power, I could care less since it's a million times better than working in the back yard.

Old 10-18-2005, 10:06 PM
69 and 85
Elder User
Sam - LOL - that's exactly where I am ... a million times better to have a roof and walls and extention cord for electricity!