New Hampshire Chapter Join Chapter Leader: 7283-F250

32 BB restoration.

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 11:05 AM
moodussnare
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
32 BB restoration.

I normally log into this site under my name, Pat Murray but it won't let me on anymore. So for the time being I'll be under moodussnare until I can figure out what the snag is.

The frame up restoration on my 32 BB has been approved by the cheif financial officer (The wife). I had it dragged into the garage and my son shot everything with a 1/2 dozon cans of WD-40. After I dug in and started the tear-down part of the project I stumbled onto an old photo album that's caused me to wonder just what I'm working on. A picture I found shows two trucks side by side directly in front of the garage where this truck now sits. I'm sure one of them is the truck I've been pulling apart.

As I look around the truck though, I see things that don't fit. The rear wheels are single rather than double, the radiator and grill assembly don't match and I found a different style grill and numerous radiator caps and emblems burried in tall grass of the field.

The number on the frame is BB 1(3 or 8) 821529 so I know it's a BB, at least I know something.

I'm going to be posting some pictures on my gallery of what doesn't make sense to me and I'd appriciate some feed back as to what might be scavenged from a truck of a different year and model. Thanks in advance for the help.

Old 09-21-2005, 02:31 PM
Pat Murray
Freshman User
32 Bb

I just updated my gallery with pictures taken while moving the truck from the field to my garage. They've been sitting in my camera for a while and I didn't want to lose them. I know most of you probably wouldn't bother to restore something in this bad of shape, but this one's gotten under my skin. I remember sitting in it right after I bought the house in 1986 and dreaming of driving it down the street. Hey, it's only money.

Old 09-25-2005, 07:32 PM
zamboni920
New User
I like it!

Pat.... I really like your project. Hope it all comes together, original motor and all . Frode, Rocky Hill

Old 09-26-2005, 01:29 PM
Pat Murray
Freshman User
32 Bb

Thanks, my only goal is to get the frame to paint or powdercoat by spring. That gives me the winter to get everything taken apart and put on shelves. I thought I was going to have trouble figuring out what someone else had done to the rear end / axel assembly since it looked like they had taken off the duelies and put on a single rimmed axel. Someone else looked at it and figured out that the inside rim was inverted and the outside rim missing. Sometimes it's good to have another set of eyes look at a problem.