Iowa Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

so how's it all going for everyone?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 01:01 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
so how's it all going for everyone?

Just trying to start some conversation, so how's it going? Anything new? Not a lot here, pretty limited financially, so not a lot going on, and not going too many places yet. I would love to make it over to one of Rob's races yet this year, see what I can do there... You can put me to work on the pit crew, not a problem!!!

(besides, I was getting tired of the same thread being displayed on our forum!!! and the long date...)

Old 09-09-2005, 01:07 PM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Well personally I am glad to see a different thread, and one that I didn't start at that. not much going on here either just going to do some more home improvement projects I have been putting off all summer.
And your welcome ot come on out for a race, and my pit crew consists of someone to man the water jug to clean my windshield when I need it so not to awefully hard.

Old 09-09-2005, 01:13 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That might just be too much work, I don't know...
Home improvement is so much fun isn't it? I redid the house I had in South Dakota, gutted out half of the house and redid that, then reshingled the whole thing, all by myself after work, not much fun. Learned a lot by doing it, mainly that I would rather hire it done... But the nice thing is that if I have to do it again, I at least lerned how to do it. Worked with a guy for a bit roofing as well part time after work, learned a lot from him as well.

Old 09-09-2005, 02:50 PM
truckertaz
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well not that it really matters much but I have been playing with my new toy ( HERE ) and working like a dog

Old 09-09-2005, 03:10 PM
Flounder1967
Senior User
Well, the blue mule went down and will be awhile before she up and running.

Started smoking for a leak from under the left valve cover. I i was going to get fixed. When I found out I was going to have to replace the EGR valve to fix the cover from leaking I decided to to it myself. after getting the old EGR off and pulled the valve cover I found bright green coolent. I then tore off the valve covers on both side to find that both heads are cracked. I've decidec to replace the eniter engine (found a great price on line $1900.00 for a new engine.). I then needed to raise the money. So I parked the truck and bought me wife a mini van. I then drove her old car. after two weeks the engine blew up. So I had to fix her old car. now the gas price has gone trough the roof.

this sucks

Old 09-09-2005, 05:58 PM
fordsrgrt
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
been busy working here and getting settled in ,my how things have changed in 20 years.i might try and come to your next race rob just let me know where and when

Old 09-09-2005, 06:16 PM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
race schedual, Sept 24th 5pm Lamoni IA (kinda a long drive for you) next one after that Oct 2nd 1pm reasoner IA (lots closer for you to get to) then again on Oct 16th in reasoner for the last race of the year.

Old 09-10-2005, 05:48 AM
fordloverf2501970
Elder User
Hmm hows it going, well diapers are expensive, formula is crazy priced like 18 bucks a can. kids growing so fast they are running thru clothes every other week. And thats just the top of my list.

Other then that NOTHING, got the intake and 4 barrel from roger but cant afford to rebuild and install right now but i will get too it sometime before the snow flies. My brother in law just bought a new mig welder, i thinking of taking the truck to him and have some steel welded in. that is when the gas price goes down enough so i can buy 20 gallons to go there.