appleseed processor.......

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 02:58 AM
buckshot047
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
appleseed processor.......

has anyone out there built and used this...I just ordered the homebrew book from biodiesel warehouse and just want to try to figure out what the catch is this all seems too good to be true!
Thanks

Old 08-30-2005, 08:17 AM
Fullcrew7.3
Logistics Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I built my processor based on the appleseed model. It works pretty good, but I'm having trouble getting a steady and large source of oil. I've found everything else I need(not without some searching), but on the other hand, I put in my 3rd batch in the truck yesterday. I used stuff I had lying around mostly. Somebody had thrown out a hot water tank that still worked and had no leaks, so I had a pretty good start. It does work. Be very careful with your titration. Emulsions are no fun to break.
Secondly, make sure you have a wash tub set up as well. the first 2 batches I tried washing by taking a portion af it and shaking it in a big jug with the wash water. It worked, but what a pain. For this last batch, I had my wash tank set up and it was much easier. The truck does run a little quieter and smell like I have a batch of home fries on the the go. Certainly doesn't hurt the eyes like dino diesel exhaust.
I'm sure your book will mention this, but make sure you're careful when mixing and adding ther sodium methoxide. Nasty fumes and it is rather caustic as well.
Other than that, good luck.

Old 08-30-2005, 08:37 AM
lariatbob
Senior User
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
How about a link or more info on what you are discussing? Sounds interesting.....

Old 08-30-2005, 11:34 AM
WA.Ranger
Postmaster

Old 08-30-2005, 09:35 PM
buckshot047
Senior User
ok pretty sure im gonna try this thing...what the hell Bush has our fuel prices up to 2.99 a gal!!!!!!!!!!!!!! anyway not sure about how the reactor thing works so if anyone out there is using it I have some questions that the websites dont really address..any help appreciated
Thanks

Old 08-30-2005, 09:53 PM
johnny8
Postmaster
hey man... don't blame Bush... he's not the problem... try blaming those tree huggin' fruit loops who run the EPA... they haven't ALLOWED ANY of the oil companies to build a new refinery in DECADES...! Some of the oil companies have been trying for over 12 YEARS to build new plants that will refine "heavy crude" which can make gas and diesel fuel CHEAPER than the ones that can only process "light sweet crude", you know, the stuff that is around $70 a barrel...! don't blame the latest guy to hold the office when it's the radical evironmentalists in this country that are going to cause the ruination of us all..! please... spend a little more time and learn what is really going on before you pin the blame on someone...

Old 08-30-2005, 10:15 PM
WA.Ranger
Postmaster

Originally Posted by johnny8
hey man... don't blame Bush... he's not the problem... try blaming those tree huggin' fruit loops who run the EPA... they haven't ALLOWED ANY of the oil companies to build a new refinery in DECADES...! Some of the oil companies have been trying for over 12 YEARS to build new plants that will refine "heavy crude" which can make gas and diesel fuel CHEAPER than the ones that can only process "light sweet crude", you know, the stuff that is around $70 a barrel...! don't blame the latest guy to hold the office when it's the radical evironmentalists in this country that are going to cause the ruination of us all..! please... spend a little more time and learn what is really going on before you pin the blame on someone...
amen brother.

Old 08-30-2005, 10:24 PM
johnny8
Postmaster
Originally Posted by WA.Ranger
amen brother.
thanks man... sorry for my rant... i just think it's too easy to blame the "guy in the big chair" when the crud hits the fan... you gotta be paying attention so you know what is REALLY going on... don't get all your info from the evening news... if you know what i mean...

Old 08-30-2005, 10:40 PM
buckshot047
Senior User
I wonder how much the president is profiting from the increase???? I reralize the EPA is indirectly responsible...but lets look at who has control over the EPA and waht they do and when and where they do it...Thats right a fedrally funded and run agency ie run by the president and or his people!

Old 08-30-2005, 10:48 PM
pastormiketkd
Senior User
Give it a rest! Biodiesel is a good alternative regardless of where responsibility lies. I'm pretty sure we can all rehash this and flame each other and tomorrow the price of diesel will still be high. Being in the big chair makes you visible and its easy to take potshots at who you can see without knowing the whole story. There ain't no winning that argument but we can all save money to donate to our favorite politicians if we can make our own fuel. So, how hard is it to make your own fuel?

Old 08-30-2005, 10:55 PM
johnny8
Postmaster
Originally Posted by buckshot047
I wonder how much the president is profiting from the increase???? I reralize the EPA is indirectly responsible...but lets look at who has control over the EPA and waht they do and when and where they do it...Thats right a fedrally funded and run agency ie run by the president and or his people!
dude... you need to learn how things work... the epa has been around for decades longer than Bush... and they will still be around long after he is gone... and the president DOES NOT have ANY control over the EPA... or WHAT they do... or WHEN they do it... MOST of the people in the EPA have a serious dislike for MOST of the people in the executive branch... you need to do more research and get your facts straight... you'll never understand what is really going on in this country if you let people fill your head with "facts" that just are not true... don't think i'm calling you names or anything, it's just that your facts are soooo wrong... the EPA, and other government agencies have prevented the oil companies from increasing their oil processing capabilities.. the oil companies want to do this because they could sell more oil than they can process, because we Americans USE more than they can process, so, we have to get almost 10% of the fuel we use from FORIEGN sources... that's good for America... yeah right..! up here in New England we have "Irving" gas stations on almost every corner.. this company is based in CANADA...! and all the fuel sold at these stations is PROCESSED IN CANADA..! The oil companies in this country HATE that becaue it is money they should be making...! but they can't because they have been trying to get new refinerys built for decades but our government WON'T LET THEM..! So... even if there was plenty of oil to process, and there is, the American oil companies can't supply all the fuel... thanks to the EPA...! that is just the truth man... sorry if that doesn't support your view of "how things are"... but it's the truth anyway..!

Last edited by johnny8; 08-30-2005 at 10:59 PM.
Old 08-31-2005, 05:47 AM
dstruble
Senior User
HUH I thought this post was about the "appleseed reactor" for making Biodiesel not for political ranting????

Old 08-31-2005, 08:20 AM
Fullcrew7.3
Logistics Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, someone had some questions about the process and/or processor? Let's have 'em. If those on this list can't answer them, I'm sure someone will be able to direct you to someone/someplace that will be able to. Let 'er rip.

Old 08-31-2005, 08:49 AM
kc2006
Senior User
Check out the alternate fuels section on the board here and ford-trucks has a good alternate fuel section.

I'm just doing a mixture of wvo and diesel for now, i plan on doing a appleseed set up over winter when i have nothing better to do.

Old 08-31-2005, 09:03 AM
Steve_250
Posting Guru

Quick Reply: appleseed processor.......