Alberta Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Puddy

No Quit or Surrender is still my motto

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 12:45 AM
Ken aka Savage
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool No Quit or Surrender is still my motto

Howdy Friends, just a short note to let you in on the latest news in my war against Cancer... I have been healing up well following the surgery & the weekly AFP blood test numbers have been dropping slowly over the last 6 weeks the test results I got last week from the previous weeks test showed the AFP Tumor marker # was down to #161, but I just got off the phone with the folks at the Cancer Clinnic, last weeks AFP blood test has jumped back up again, the latest AFP Tumor marker test is #246. So I will be starting another series of Chemo Treatments probably starting next Monday. We had been hoping the battle was over, but such isn't the case. Anyway I would really appreciate your thoughts & prayers as this battle continues. No Quit or Surrender is still my motto, but I feel like I just got kicked in the teeth, which only serves to make me mad. Regardless of the negative medical reports I will soldier on, this is a fight to the finnish.
--Ken

Old 08-24-2005, 12:59 AM
mustange70
Post Fiend
alittle thought on this: This kinda reminds me of that one single solitary misquoite thats buzzing around your head at night when your trying to get to sleep, then about 10 minutes later you've had and you smash that little bugger like bigfoot mashing poor little chevy's at the local monster truck event .

But nones the less, sounds like you have the best attitude toward this , so best of luck and you will beat this thing.

Old 08-30-2005, 09:57 PM
Ken aka Savage
Senior User
Red face

Howdy All! Just made it home yesterday from our southern swing... we headed on south to Red Deer to visit some old friends. My friends wife is in the latter stages of her 8 year battle with Cancer & according to the Doctors she isn't expected to live for much more than another month or so. We celibrated her 52 birthday together on Sunday.
I started my new Chemo protocol @ 07:45hrs today, I am still determined to win this war. Half Hearted Attempts have not a Battle Won, so I will soldier on, No Quit or Surrender!
--Ken
ps; My F350 crew cab 4x4 7.3 PSD & camper running 110-120 Kmh (65-70 mph) most of the way with a few blasts up to 140Kmh (90 mph) to pass slow Motorhomes & Minivans turned in a respectable 18.1 Mpg for the trip.

Old 08-30-2005, 10:00 PM
Ken aka Savage
Senior User
Red face

I made it through the first day of the latest Chemtherapy session today, I felt very tired & wasted, had some problems with nausea. Only 3 more days to this Chemo session, I expect the noticeable side effects such as hair loss with-in a week or two, guess thats not that big of a deal. When & got home from the hospital & layed down for a short nap (was dead to the world for 3 hours) when I got up my wife made me some soup, I am thinking of going back to bed again soon.
--Ken

Old 08-30-2005, 11:34 PM
mustange70
Post Fiend
Man if i ever run into a problem like this i hope to have half the spirit you do, best of luck to both of you ken .

Old 09-12-2005, 10:54 PM
Digger6
Senior User
Good luck. My thoughts are with you.

Old 09-13-2005, 06:36 AM
Ken aka Savage
Senior User
Unhappy

Howdy, my next Chemo runs next week September 19-23/05, which kinda sux, because my Moose Hunting draw opens September 24, but I will likely be too sick to get out hunting for at least a few days after that... .
Whatever doesn't kill me, only serves to make me stronger! No Quit or Surrender in this battle with Cancer!
--Ken

Old 09-26-2005, 10:28 PM
jenral
Senior User
Hope your getting better Ken......if it helps I got my moose here allready.....lol. and the hair thing is overated..chicks like bald heads. At least that's what they tell me while they're laughing thier asses off at me...