Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Chapter officers and regional meetings

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2005, 03:35 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chapter officers and regional meetings

I think I have done OK as a Chapter Leader thus far, but I have failed you all in one area. . .and that is organizing ample meetings for everyone. They just haven't happened like I have hoped they would. So, in order to keep building a solid foundation, and build and strengthen trust and freindships to help the Chapter to continue to grow, I want to expand some on an idea that was discussed in this thread: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...ighlight=local

The idea of splitting up the state into 3 (North, West, East) regions would help to alleviate distances between meeting areas in a region. Hopefully people would be willing to drive just an hour to a meet in one part of the state to a regional Get-2-Gether, instead of waiting till the State meet and deciding its too far to drive. Also regions will have some independence as to time and frequency of there G2G's, as well as intermingling of regions and overlapping of borders. Right now, lose guidelines should make it "easy" to work any bugs out. This is experimental right now. . .

The state is not breaking up, it is still the Virginia Chapter and will still function as a state chapter. I just want people to feel free to meet up with each other on a schedule that might be more convenient for them/those that are participating, without having to wait for me to make an official anouncement. I will still be here to over see any "mini-meets" if its necessary, but will function more on an admistrative/state level (did that make sense?). I will still be planning the State meetings, which we have a second one coming up here towards the end of September, begining of October once the weather cools down some. This brings up another interesting idea. . .with 3 regions, we can have 3 State meets, 1 in each area? I would work with the "Regional Officer" to figure out where would be a good place to have it, whats available, etc.

"Regional Officers" have the job of stirring up activity in their part of the State. Even if you can just get people on the board from your region talking, that is a big start. This job is a volunteer position, like all officer postions. If you want to give it a shot, and there are no objections, the job is yours. As soon as a region has an "Officer", they can have at it. Any "Officers" that need help with ANYTHING, do not hesitate to contact me and I will do everything in my power to get you what you need Again, this is all experimental, and more than likely will have to be tweaked down the road, or
scrapped

On a final note, I'm starting night classes again here Thursday. About the only activity you'll see of me on here will be for the State meet. After thats over, You may only hear from me on weekends. . .Don't know what kind of work load I'm going to have, but I just wanted to give you guys a heads up if it seems to take longer than normal for me to repsond to PM's and emails

If you have any suggestions, comments, or ideas, lets hear them! I'm going to make another thread for "Regional Officers", so if you want to volunteer, then let the Chapter know here. Theres also a map in that thread showing the regions.

Thank you for listening, I'm going to pop some Tylenol and lay down for a bit. . .

Last edited by Franken-Truck; 08-14-2005 at 03:46 PM.
Old 08-14-2005, 10:04 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Forgot to add, each region should have a photographer if possible to record meetings and events.

Old 08-23-2005, 08:07 PM
65vamonster
Senior User
I'll take the job of photographer for HR region.

Old 08-23-2005, 08:25 PM
Tomcat7742
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by 65vamonster
I'll take the job of photographer for HR region.
Awesome, I added you to the officers page on the website

- Chris

Old 08-23-2005, 09:04 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
In the words of the immortal Mr. Burns. . ."Excellent"

Old 09-02-2005, 05:31 AM
RapidRuss
FE "Freakin Expensive"

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yep Steve after looking at the map again..I think the blue Line Map would be best imho..... Because from my House to Bristol is over a 2hr drive and thats not one of the western most counties...

Russ