New Jersey Chapter Join Chapter Leader: sddesigns

Truck Repair shop near eliz. nj??

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 12:47 PM
ChrisNJ
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Truck Repair shop near eliz. nj??

Hi, I am new to the forum and looking for a little bit of help. Our work truck is a 2001 Ford F-250 (turbo-Diesel) and we are having a bunch of problems with it (from minor interior pieces broken, leakin ac, to what sounds like a bad wheel bearing) . I am wondering if anyone can recommend a very good shop in or near the elizabeth nj area? Union county in general is fine too. Thank you in advance for you help.

Old 08-10-2005, 02:00 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
...Welcome to Ford Truck Enthusiasts! Please read the Guidelines, it will help you to navigate through and understand this site.
Stick around someone will be by shortly to answer your question.
We are happy you have chosen the best source for Fords!

Enjoy FTE....and
JOIN CLUB FTE -SUPPORT THE FORUMS!
…..See you on the boards.

Old 08-13-2005, 06:39 AM
dstruble
Senior User
I dont think its that far from U but Meadowlands Ford has a huge truck inventory and they do LOTS of diesel repairs. Hope this helps!? (BTW its right near Giants Stadium.

Old 08-13-2005, 07:08 PM
ChrisNJ
New User
It's probably not too far, but i'd prefer to avoid dealers if possible. We took it to the dealer in roselle park last time and it honestly came back in worse shape than when it left. I always seem to put a little more trust in performance shops more than dealers. Thanks for the heads up though, if all else fails I may resort to that.

Old 08-23-2005, 06:40 PM
captchas
medow lands is not that great. they could not fix my 7.3's injector knock

Old 08-24-2005, 07:35 AM
dstruble
Senior User
Originally Posted by captchas
medow lands is not that great. they could not fix my 7.3's injector knock
They treated my buddy very well when his 7.3 was down. And I believe that your "injector knock" is called cackle common to 7.3 due to the design air enters the fuel system at the tank. (As far as I know F@rd says its "normal",just like the oil weeping from intercooler tubes) Just my $.02 and like I said they did a Great job fixing my buddies 7.3?

Old 08-24-2005, 08:04 AM
frederic
Post Fiend
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I'm just south of you in Colonia, and there's a gulf station that I've had an excellent relationship with for the past four years, when I moved here from CT. They are fair in their pricing, they do quality work, and are a pleasure to deal with in every sense of the word. I trust them, and they've always done top quality work, right the first time, even on some of the more odd project vehicles I've brought to them.

They generally are a little backed up because of this (anywhere from a week to three!), but it's worth the wait.

Kenny & Billy's Gulf Station
473 Route 27 (Lincoln Highway)
Iselin, NJ
(732) 283-2767

When you stop buy, tell them "Fred with the white crewcab" sent you, they know me very well.

From Elizabeth, you'd hop onto St. Georges Ave south, and follow to Lincoln Highway, which starts right at St. Georges. Across the intersection is the Amtrak Bridge, so it's an obvious intersection. Make a right onto Lincoln Highway (Route 27), and follow down about a mile and a half. You can't miss them, they are on the right, and have the usual giant "Gulf" sign on top of their pumps.

Go in and talk to Kenny, he's good people all the way. And don't forget to tell them I sent you.

Old 09-09-2005, 06:32 PM
FordCountryBoy
New User
Not sure how for north brunswick is, but I know the owner of a place. Try http://www.27carcare.com THe number is on the site, and is a great shop to go to. If you call him, or go there, tell him countryboy from truckblog