Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How Many People Showed Up????

It Doesnt Look Like Many People In The Pictures

Old 07-31-2005, 08:59 PM
Ultramagdan
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
There were enough to have a good time and tell some tall stories. 15,000 trucks would have been overwhelming. As it turned out, it was a tight group that had a lot of fun and if you weren't there, be patient, next year is coming fast.

Old 07-31-2005, 09:03 PM
fordborn
Post Fiend

There were plenty of people there to make the first year a huge success. Don't be fooled by just the pictures, remember the lot could hold over 900 vehicles so it looks huge. The ones that made it were very well entertained and had a wonderful time. I cannot think of a single person there whom will not be making the return trip next year for the next Rally. There will definitely be memories of this that will last a lifetime. Next years is already being planned and will grow by leaps and bounds.

Old 07-31-2005, 09:10 PM
bigexpo
Senior User
where will the next one be held any ideas?

Old 07-31-2005, 09:12 PM
RUNVS
FTE Chapter Leader
I held a huge blow-out bash for my 18th B-day party (seems like decades ago now). There were about 175-200 people there. To look at the pictures that one of my buddies took, you'd think there were no more than 15-16, total. I was hoping it was the same here (looked small, but was a huge blow-out), plus I know a few guys flew in rather than bringing their rigs.

Looking through Rollies pics, some seemed either very early morning or late evening (long shadows). I was curious what the maximum number of people was during the day and if many locals made it in.

But hey, if all of those involved that put in countless, maybe even thankless hours of their free time to this event are happy, then I'm glad for all and still wish I could have made it!

I hope ya'll bought some pics from Ken (Photoline) to make it worth his while! He generally doesn't do small shows (less than 500 vehicles, I'd say), but since he was traveling out that way and had an open weekend, he made an exception. He's a nice guy and I hope ya'll arranged for his return next year. The first year of any major event is alway the toughest, b/c you have nothing to gauge it by, I'm already trying to see about making next years!!

Besides that, I saw at least one cool shirt w/the National logo on it (pic #40, the blonde) and was wondering if anyone *ahem* made any arrangements for me to get my hands on a few?

Thanks,
Randy

Last edited by RUNVS; 07-31-2005 at 09:38 PM.
Old 07-31-2005, 09:24 PM
fordborn
Post Fiend

Next years Rally will be in KC again and the dates will be announced soon. Peggy has to nail down a the exact date the she will publish it. We are already started in the planning stages and will have a whole year to get the next one put together so expect huge additions and many many added events.

Randy, yes there are shirts still available. And yes these were taken early and late, as I was in some of the events and also had my attention being grabbed by many people I didn't get to take pictures all day long. More are being added from other cameras as well so the album will be growing.

Photoline did well and sold some pictures, they commented it was a pretty good event for our first year and they look forward to returning next year.

On a side note, there was another "all truck" rally going on in KC this weekend and a few of there members came over to see our event. So the did get around and we were noticed.

Last edited by fordborn; 07-31-2005 at 09:26 PM.
Old 07-31-2005, 09:38 PM
mikebon08
Posting Guru

If it's in KC again, count me in again, and if we reserve motel rooms, I want one. That drive home last night was the pits. Not helped by a well-developed sunburn, either.

Last edited by mikebon08; 07-31-2005 at 09:43 PM.
Old 07-31-2005, 10:03 PM
fordborn
Post Fiend

Mike, there were many people going home with sunburns. LOL But it was well worth it.

Last edited by fordborn; 07-31-2005 at 10:24 PM.
Old 07-31-2005, 10:49 PM
fordtruckgal
Freshman User
I know I had a blast just started with this site was happy to go and just talk and meet people, putting names and faces together. very fun! also cool came home with a few trophies that was very unexpected. next year HELL YEAH can't wait.

Old 07-31-2005, 10:54 PM
fordborn
Post Fiend

glad you enjoyed it, we sure were glad to have you there along with your dad and his truck. Good to hear you had a good time, both trucks were awesome. Thanks

Old 07-31-2005, 11:11 PM
fordnut1985
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have to say that the turnout looked pretty darn good for only having 3 months to put it together. My hat is off to all of those that made it happen this year. My only regret is that I could not attend. But there will be nothing short of a national disaster that will keep me away next year!!!

Old 08-01-2005, 12:51 AM
kbkathri
Senior User
Talking

Thanks to everyone for making a new member feel so welcome at the meet. Everyone went above and beyond making me feel included although I have only been monitoring this site for a week. And a really special thank you for the surprise gift at the banquet. It was very unexpected, and appreciated.

The rally was a huge blast, and even got some fancy "window tinting" to boot. I will definately be there next year helping Chad with the security.

Thanks again everyone.

~~
\(,)(,)/
) O (

U

Kyle

Old 08-01-2005, 02:25 AM
Flip4ford
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 105 Likes on 99 Posts
It's 2:00am and can't sleep... Got home about 7:30 this evening, and after unloading equipment and several errands it was a long couple of days, but well worth it... I had a blast... as kbkathri said I was surprised too buy the gift at the banquet... thank you again for your generosity!!! That is what makes this club so great!!

Old 08-01-2005, 06:24 AM
rywegh
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey Chad you deserved it. We wished we could have done more. Thanks for the bar stool scooter you brought there. It was a blast. For those who don't know, Chad provided the sound entertainment for us.

Well on Friday night some miscretant broke out the rear window of his truck and stole some of Chad's stuff. Namely his laptop and clothes duffle. Chad took it in stride and went to walmart the morning and bought some clothes and some Cd's so that he could still play music for everyone.

SO THANK YOU CHAD! You went way more we could have asked.

Old 08-01-2005, 07:09 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts
Great to read there will be dates soon, folks need that to make time for the next one~!~

Quick Reply: How Many People Showed Up????