Alaska Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

They did it to me AGAIN

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 11:37 PM
WilliesSD250
Laughing Gas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down They did it to me AGAIN

Well I thought I'd call my local dealer (where I bought my truck) and check on the status of my FICM harness. Well I had originally scheduled the appointment for June 21 (made the appointment June 1). Well the weekend before it was due to go in they told me to call the evening before to "check-in" When I did I was told that they didn't have the parts. The way they are fixing these trucks is a case by case basis and as the customer brings their vehicles in for service or maintaince, that they will run the VIN and see what recalls are on it. Well to say the least I was upset, but they told me that they would order the harness for me and that it would be delivered in a week. That wouls have put the part in the week of the 27th. Due to my work schedule, I said I would be in the week of the 10th(July). They told me it'll be ready and waiting. Now today, I called to verify that the part was there and schedule an appointment. Guess what? My part isn't there....."hasn't arrived" I call BS! It arrived but they stuck it on someone elses truck! Now they tell me they will order it and it'll be here by the end of the week! Woah, first it takes a week to get it, not it only takes two days?. They also proceded to tell me that I needed to call them Monday to make sure that it came in! All I want is my part ordered and installed per this recall. I don't think that is to much to ask. This will make the fourth recall/warranty item I've had to have taken care of and the 6th time my truck has gone up there for "issues" and everytime they have kept it overnight. Aren't they supposed to have a loaner vehicle or rental reinbursement?
This dealership obviously only cares about selling the vehicle and could care less about providing quality service. This is the second $35K vehicle I've bought from them since Y2K (2000). I am really getting tired of this run-around. I am willing to work with them, but they totally could care less about me. I guarentee this though, my next Ford will not come from them nor will it be serviced by them !!
So for the long post, but I am just so furious.

Old 07-06-2005, 12:10 PM
Hawkins
Senior User
Sure glad our 05 doesn't have any recalls yet. Doesn't fall into the Transmission or PCM recalls

We almost bought our KR from Nye but they would let us order it so we ordered/bought it from Ralph.

Old 07-06-2005, 02:35 PM
WilliesSD250
Laughing Gas
Well, I will probably check them out the next time I need a truck or I'll take a ferry to the island . We are pretty limited in our choices...Must be even worse in Hawaii. All I'd like is some honest and reliable service.

Old 07-07-2005, 12:18 AM
mlb4966
Posting Guru

Sit down and have a beer or two. Then after you have chilled out a little write a letter to the manager of NYE. Not the service manager but the manager of NYE. Also CC it to Ford Headquarters and any other person of higher up.

If you would like to borrow the travel trailer and camp out at the front door just ask. That's what it took to get my warranty work done.

My next truck might not be from NYE. Not sure how good Sekins is for their service department. Cal's service department scares me since I asked for a quote and they didnt know what they were talking about (Story behind that statement). Man our choices are limited. Maybe have to go south for the next truck but boy is that a pain.

Old 07-07-2005, 12:29 AM
WilliesSD250
Laughing Gas
Right now I'd love a beer, just have to wait about 4 more days. Sunday night this time I'll be home and off this rig. I'll agree with you on our choices. I was at Pendleton Ford a few years ago and was pretty impressed. Then again I grew up in south west VA. There's a Ford Dealer in every town. Just drive around and make your offer to each one. Then sit back and wait.....

But I hanven't been to Seekins either....hmmm.

Old 07-07-2005, 05:01 AM
Crumm
Elder User
Originally Posted by WilliesSD250
But I haven't been to Seekins either....hmmm.
I would not rate Seekins as a great dealer but they are 100% better than Nye. I dealt with Nye once back in 1995. I had a 1993 F250 that needed a torque converter. I was living in Glennallen so it was a bit of a drive. It took them three days to get it done even though I had scheduled the repair several weeks in advance. I planned on a one day trip and it ended up costing me three. I was so pissed by the time I got out of there that I got a speeding ticket on the way home. I will NEVER deal with them again for sales or service.

I had a little warranty work done on our Excursion at Seekins and they were OK. They replaced the transfercase shift motor and did fine but when I lost the turbo bolts I wanted the turbo replaced but they only replaced the bolts in it. I suppose under warranty they can only do so much but they didn't seem to try to do much. Another time they had it for almost a week waiting on the turbo pedestal after I had told them to order it weeks earlier. They told me they could not order parts in advance before they knew they needed replaced(guess they didn't believe me). They did cover the extra days on the rental car so it was OK. On a scale of 1-10 I would give Seekins a 6. I would give Nye a -1.

Old 07-07-2005, 07:15 PM
mlb4966
Posting Guru

Ouch -1. My co-worker had his turbo blow. Under warranty. Got it fixed by NYE. Dont remember how long it took. All I do remember is that NYE had to pay the $1000 towing bill from Valdez to Wasilla. It's a pain, as you mention, when you are hours from a dealer. Not sure were I will get my next truck. I will have to worry about that when I come to that bridge. Should be at least another 5 years.

I too grew up in the South and yes the dealerships are a lot more friendly and customer orientated that what I have seen up here.

Old 07-07-2005, 11:04 PM
WilliesSD250
Laughing Gas
They actually paid for it to be towed from Valdez to NYE?? Wholly smokes! When I wiped my truck out (mile 46.7 Sterling hwy) due to the 4x4 failing they (Ford) only towed it to the nearest Ford dealer.....hense Great Bear who does not have a full service and repair facility. So they pawn off most of their work. I really wanted the truck to go to NYE. I was really tempted to wait till this summer and fly south and buy my truck there, but events necessitated I buy it here.

We'll see what happens Monday........

Old 07-07-2005, 11:26 PM
WilliesSD250
Laughing Gas
Ouch -1. Crumm you put the on them. HA HA HA. Wonder if any of them read this ?????. Don't get me wrong guys, over all I'm pleased with my truck. I will always like FORDS, just if there's known problems that can be fixed before the truck breaks down, then I figure they outta fix it. I politely let them know that if it breaks down here on the Kenai Penn......it will NOT be touched by G.B.!

I don't have any of the problems that others talk about. I don't have any mods on it, no chips, tuners, ect. I have thought about unplugging the EGR, but if there's no probs then why mess with it??

I appreciate you all listening to my rant....my other group of friends drive D's & C's. Trying to get them to convert....at least for the sake of Ford drivers have a Forum

Old 07-08-2005, 12:34 AM
mlb4966
Posting Guru

NYE was the closest one. I think he wanted it to go to Seekins and was told no.

Old 07-14-2005, 12:56 PM
Y2K350
Elder User
I have, so far, had nothing but an excellent experience with Seekins Ford. They have always gone the extra mile.

Tony

Old 07-15-2005, 02:53 AM
arcticoffroadingfish
Senior User
hey all i know where your coming from in a since i havent bought a vehilce from a dealer yet i always bought them from people i met that where selling them. but napa always screws me over they say they order the part and then they order the wrog one or they dont. i used to work at seekins until i decided to quit and go to school and get a certificate and ASE certified good choice on my part... but usually if we had a vehicle that would come in for maintainance they would look it over pretty good and tell us if there is something we need to look at. we usually had most parts in stock except for a lot of body parts (too big to keep for months at a time.) but if it was coming in for warranty work we would checked to see if the part was in a few days before the appointment. i would probabaly buy a vehicle form them at least until i find a job that takes me elsewhere ( not looking forward to it).