Lets Talk

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 03:00 PM
73f350sc
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lets Talk

Ok guys,
I'm still here. I know I havent been around lately but there were several issues preventing me from posting as often as I should. Now then, that said let me say this, we need another meet one outside of the show platform. I'm thinking maybe at Featherly park again in a couple of weeks that way people can clear their calander and make sure they can show up hows that sound? Let me know Ill be cheking in more ofent now so we should be able to get things together, also you can always reach me on my cell phone which members should have a list of numbers anyway.
Alrighty, I'll keep it short for now but lets do it huh?
-Chris

Old 06-23-2005, 05:44 PM
Randy Jack
Postmaster

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Chris -

We can't use Featherly Park as it is not a day-use facility. It is actually an RV park.

For the last meeting we used Yorba Regional Park, which is just up the road from Featherly. It was a lovely venue with good parking, shade, etc. $5 entry fee.

Old 06-27-2005, 11:01 AM
dumptech
Elder User
There are a few nice places up my way (Ventura County). If it's not too far for everybody, I can check into it further. Weather's nice, too.

Old 06-30-2005, 02:36 PM
73f350sc
Posting Guru
OK,
Both sound perfectly fine to be honest with you so lets set something up. At this point I'm not partial to where so much as when. I want to make sure I have a clear calander, and also give people plenty of time to plan ya know Ill reply back with an approxiomate date if we can decide on a local.
Talk to you guys soon
-Chris

Old 07-01-2005, 11:10 AM
dumptech
Elder User
If there's interest in coming up to my neck of the woods, let me know. I'm also a little more available to travel than I was before. The Mrs. and I (Bubba, too) would like to meet everyone. We're up for overnighters if I get the camper lights working this weekend. I also have connections in Big Bear. Some friends of mine own a restaurant. I'm sure they could make room for us if we give a little advanced notice. Weather's nice up there right now and the lake is full and beautiful.

Old 09-01-2005, 07:40 PM
73f350sc
Posting Guru
Ok,
Well big bear sounds nice how many others might be interested in something like that?
-Chris

Old 09-02-2005, 12:03 AM
keith56_cruz_cab
Elder User
Hey how about rancho cucamonga
Im about ready for that hood pie cut/chop/shrink/see what happens thing.
anybody want to lend a hand?

Old 09-02-2005, 07:15 PM
Randy Jack
Postmaster

Chris - Glad to hear from you!

I can't help but notice that it has been more than two months since this thread began and we are no closer to a date. That's something I understand because each of the previous meetings was a little like giving birth.

In setting up the last meeting, we found out that there are a lot of folks who really want to get involved, but we are very spread out and time and gasoline is precious. Also, because we are so new, nobody knows what they might be getting involved in.

A suggestion: Make more than one meeting date in different areas. Lots of folks from the north end and south of our area want to attend, but the past meetings (OC/Riverside/Temecula) have been too far away for them. Think about a meeting central (TinaB's, Keith's? or Yorba Park?), a meeting south (San Diego/Escondido?) and a meeting north (Ventura/West SF Valley?) and set them 1-2 weeks apart. Have an agenda (I can help with that with notes from our last meeting). Know what we want to accomplish and/or organize.

I am willing to help set up the plan (contact me by phone) and contact everybody (old and new FTE'ers) from the greater SoCal area by email. I'll coordinate with FTE'ers local to the venues to select sites and provide directions to each site, etc. I'll be glad to volunteer Ed Oe to help, because we all agreed at the last meeting that he's so good at doing all this stuff, too.

OK? Let's GO!

Oh yeah...and I have GREAT NEWS! I just saved a bunch of money by switching my car insurance.... (just kidding).

TO OTHER SOCAL FTE'ers: Please let us all know here what info you want to get out of a meeting and participation in the SoCal Chapter and what the Chapter might do for you. (Yeah, I want to meet you too!, but what else?)

Old 09-04-2005, 11:50 AM
edsf100
Posting Guru
Let me know what is needed and I'll do what I can. Some dates I will be attending shows are Big Bear on the 11th. OC Fair grounds on the 24th.

There is always Pomona Swap meet one early sunday morning. Some of us could drive in and park with our rides and promote the club inside plus shop. I hear they have some nice snow cones, (keith).

http://pomonaswapmeet.com/

Old 09-05-2005, 02:30 PM
JoeSwing78
Senior User
I definately would be interested in a meet around north West SF Valley. I have seen a handful of F-100s around the valley but no idea if they are affliated with this site of anything else.

Old 09-13-2005, 11:23 PM
edsf100
Posting Guru
what happen to this????????

Old 11-12-2005, 01:58 AM
73f350sc
Posting Guru
Ok,
I realize that it has been a while and hat some if not most or all of you guys are gooing to be upset with me, however hopefully within the next few weeks I will have all of my issues with ISP's resolved and be able to be back on here as often as I would have liked to be. I also realize that it is probably too late for appologies however I offer them and would like to start this thing rolling again, we had a good start I think and Id like to keep it going.
What do you say? Is there still anyone interested?
-Chris

Old 11-12-2005, 09:26 AM
edsf100
Posting Guru
Chris, I don't think anyone is upset. Maybe disappointed that our goals were not met. Everyone loves trucks here and can get over it. For the most part everyone has been in contact through the a thread or seeing each other at a show. In fact, Sunday Nov 13th at Knotts some of us and a few others we will be meeting at a show.

Old 11-22-2005, 08:37 PM
Delzell
Senior User
My truck is not finished but I would be interested in getting together.

Old 11-22-2005, 09:12 PM
edsf100
Posting Guru
Delzell what year is your truck?

Quick Reply: Lets Talk