Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Okay, Who from Oklahoma is going to attend the National FTE Meet?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 11:01 AM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Okay, Who from Oklahoma is going to attend the National FTE Meet?

Hey all, I just wanted to check in to see how many of us are going? I'm very tempted but still have not made up my mind.(The entry fees kinda surprised me.) I posted a thread in the National Meet Forum to find out about camping in a tent, and it's like 20 to 30 bucks a night. The hotel in the thread below sounds much more tempting. ($68/night.) And the price is for the room; not per person!!! Wink-wink-nudge-nudge. If the rooms were booked and shared we could probably fit a few people in two double beds per room. Or on the floor, or in a couple cots? I'd be very tempted to split the cost of a hotel room for the comfort of airconditioning, a mattress, tv, and a hot shower.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...d.php?t=377963

So what do ya'll think? Who's going for sure, and who will most likely be going. At this point I would be in the Most Likely category.

Old 06-13-2005, 11:44 AM
ranger240
Elder User
I'm in the most likely catergorey as well!! I just made a 325 mile trip frome here (Moore) to Waynoka (Little Sahara) and picked up a motor for a friend. the old ford held up nicely, although the motor died once when I was pulling up in front of my house after the trip (scratching head in confusion), so I am sure she's ready to go.

as for splitting rooms... I'm all for it, but I don't share beds with anyone other than my wife and occasionally my son if need be. I gotta have my shower....and HOT coffee. I think me and Brian (swokcoffroader) had already decided on doing this. if anyone wants to split room fees with us feel free to email or PM me.

Old 06-13-2005, 01:09 PM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Ya, I can relate with the bed sharing thing. Hope my original post did not make it sound funny. Ya the hot shower and coffee are a must to get me going in the mornings too. And it would only be 20min from the track.

Old 06-13-2005, 02:30 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Head to foot boys. AND NO HORSE PLAYING! hehe

Like I said this weekend... I'm up for it.

STan

BTW: From what I understand, Alice would like to go if the rest of us are.

Old 06-13-2005, 03:21 PM
fordborn
Post Fiend

WoW you all in the Oklahoma chapter are sure a close bunch. LOL

Hope to get to meet all you at the Rally, I'll be looking for the convoy headed that way.

Old 06-13-2005, 07:07 PM
SwOkcOffRoader
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
im definitely going.....ill be booking a room this friday ken, call me so we can work it out, im with you, im not sharing a bed with anybody!!! i just got done putting all new gaskets and a timing chain in my 460, so once i drive to eufala on the 4th ill see what my gas mileage is at, i just might get to take the truck to the national meet if my mileage isnt too outrageous......

Old 06-14-2005, 12:34 AM
Bargod
Posting Guru
Glad to hear that some of you will make it. I'm looking forward to meting everyone (or at least as many people as possible).

Old 06-21-2005, 05:48 PM
ranger240
Elder User
I just got some bad news.....boss says I can't go. (Ken starts crying and stomping his feet) BUT, I may just have to call in sick. so I can't guarantee that I can make it, but there is still a slim possibility.......very slim

Old 07-11-2005, 12:24 PM
SwOkcOffRoader
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
man this is really gonna hurt to type this.....due to a sudden glitch in our budget, which would be a slight over spending over the weekend of the 4th and purchasing our all inclusive tickets to cancun for september, i will not be able to attend the national meet this year.. ouch ..i was really looking forward to meeting you guys and gals, but its just not in the works now unless the money fairy stops by before then, highly unlikely......well, ya'll have fun and pop a few tops for me......see you there next year.........

Old 07-25-2005, 09:35 AM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Well, looks like I'm not gonna make it this year. I just can't afford the enty cost, hotel, etc. Besides my wife has to get her hair done. :P (Sorry, ranger240, I couldn't resist pokin fun. ) Well, I hope that those of you that do make it up there have a good time and hope all goes well with the events. Maybe next year we'll make it to the next one.