Details about the events

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2005, 06:48 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Details about the events

Ok, I know I'm not the only one who isn't clear on the events, and registering our trucks. Do we need to register the truck if it isn't going to be in any of the events? I also am unfamiliar with the specifics on some of the events, maybe I have been away from shows and such for too long, but I don't quite know the hitch ball contest and such... I could show my truck, but shine definitely does not come to it... not that anyone wants to see your average everyday working truck...

Old 06-08-2005, 07:00 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Hitch ball contest is you get a so many ft in diameter circle to manuever in having to back-up and try to hit the hitch ball target.
You don't get any help from anyone.

Old 06-08-2005, 07:08 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
Ok, that's one, but I do that about every week, sometimes many times a day... but I'm used to my trailer, could be different on another... I would like to hear more on the rest, some are obvious, of course. I have seen others asking questions, and as spread out as it is with the regional chapters, i just thought I would try to centralize. One question I saw was about registering the truck, and if we would need to pay again for the events.

Old 06-08-2005, 07:09 PM
fordborn
Post Fiend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK if you do not want your truck in the show and shine you do not have to register it. As far as no one wanting to see a working truck well that is not true. There will be lots of regular trucks there and being shown. This is not just a pretty show it will also be a real truck show. Also it is somewhat a display of all our trucks no matter what they may be like. Dennis pretty much described the ball-hitch contest. Hope to see you there.

Last edited by Mil1ion; 06-08-2005 at 09:15 PM.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:03 PM
KCSport
Senior User
Well this is the question I posted in the Missouri chapter three days ago. I even e-mailed a member and never got a reply to either. Rollie has already answered one

"Is there an advantage to ME to register my truck early, or is this a way for you all to get a early head count of whos coming? Also I noticed that there is going to be a show and shine. Is the registration for that or just to get in to the meet with it costing those wishing to show there trucks another $20, plus another $20 for the Saturday night Banquet and awards show just to see if they have won anything? Later..............................."

So I am guessing by Rollie's post that you only have to register your truck if you wish to show it. So whats the cost if you just want to display your truck but not show it. Kind of like a GTG. Like fellro said no one wants to see a work/stock truck at a show. Also is there going to be some kind of discount for those who pay the $20 to show their trucks or are they going to have to pay another $20 for the dinner and awards show to see if they won anything. There might be some guys who just want to show there trucks pick up their award and head home, not attend a dinner to see if they won anything. Now keep in mind that I am only asking questions, not trying to start anything here.Thanks for answering our questions Rollie. Later ..............................

Last edited by KCSport; 06-08-2005 at 09:10 PM.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:15 PM
fordborn
Post Fiend

If you want your truck in the show and shine then yes you must register it. The cost of registration also gets you admission. If you do not want to be in the show and shine then your truck still may be parked with others in a group parking area like a G2G. Again I must state that this is not just a pretty truck show, there will be regular everyday trucks entered in it. I know of many who have just a stock truck that will be entered. There will even be classes for stock trucks as well as daily drivers. Don't let that hold you back from entering.

The awards ceremony is optional but yes it is extra. Look at the menu and see if you do not think that it is a great meal for just 20 bucks.

There is an advantage to registering your truck early. The price will increase to 25 dollars in July. It also helps us determine how many trucks we have in different categories and allow us to adjust the awards to fit the number and type of entries.

Hope this helps somewhat in answering your questions.
Originally Posted by KCSport
Well this is the question I posted in the Missouri chapter three days ago. I even e-mailed a member and never got a reply to either. Rollie has already answered one

"Is there an advantage to ME to register my truck early, or is this a way for you all to get a early head count of whos coming? Also I noticed that there is going to be a show and shine. Is the registration for that or just to get in to the meet with it costing those wishing to show there trucks another $20, plus another $20 for the Saturday night Banquet and awards show just to see if they have won anything? Later..............................."

So I am guessing by Rollie's post that you only have to register your truck if you wish to show it. So whats the cost if you just want to display your truck but not show it. Kind of like a GTG. Like fellro said no one wants to see a work/stock truck at a show. Also is there going to be some kind of discount for those who pay the $20 to show their trucks or are they going to have to pay another $20 for the dinner and awards show to see if they won anything. There might be some guys who just want to show there trucks pick up their award and head home, not attend a dinner to see if they won anything. Now keep in mind that I am only asking questions, not trying to start anything here. Later ..............................

Old 06-08-2005, 09:16 PM
97Centurion
Rub my Belly
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
neber mind. I type slow and rollie answered my quetsions. lol

Last edited by 97Centurion; 06-08-2005 at 09:20 PM.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:17 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I would like to think of the dinner as good place to mingle with people one hasn't met or want to continue talking with someone they have

Old 06-08-2005, 09:21 PM
fordborn
Post Fiend

Dennis, you are exactly right it is a good time to relax have a good time and a good meal.
Originally Posted by Mil1ion
I would like to think of the dinner as good place to mingle with people one hasn't met or want to continue talking with someone they have
Tony, you are correct on both points. The meal is fixed at the price it cost us so no discounts there. Yes the price of registration goes up to $25 July 1st.
Originally Posted by 97Centurion
Good Questions.

I don't think there will be any discounts for dinner. We need to pay for the meal and facility rental.

At one time I read that if you registered your truck before July 1st it was $20 and after July 1st ir was $25. I would like to get that confirmed also.

Old 06-08-2005, 09:42 PM
fordnut1985
Postmaster
As far as the events such as the RTI ramp, you pay $2 to take your run at the RTI ramp, that money will be put into a pot, whoever wins gets half the pot and a winners plaque.

Oh, and the ball hitch......Your not backing up to a trailer, there will be a plum bob hanging from the hitch (or off the roll pan if no hitch) and you will have to put the plum bob into a 3" circle. YOU WILL BE ABLE TO USE 1 SPOTTER!!!!

Duane
Southeast Kansas Coordinator

Old 06-08-2005, 09:43 PM
KCSport
Senior User
Thanks Gents!! That should do it for now.

Old 06-08-2005, 09:44 PM
97Centurion
Rub my Belly
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought the RTI ramp was $5

Old 06-08-2005, 09:45 PM
fordnut1985
Postmaster
Opps, yes it is $5 sorry bout that.

Duane
Southeast Kansas Coordinator

Old 06-08-2005, 10:23 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
is there an award for number of FTE stickers? I have 3 already, gotta get #4 to have my complete set... they are tastefully displayed as well, as they are all from different chapters and of course, the official Club FTE too!

Old 06-09-2005, 06:10 PM
ChiefsFan
Posting Guru
So in order to hang around for the awards ceremony you need to purchase the dinner correct? Reason I ask is if this is the case I would need to purchase 2 (1 me 1 wife) correct? What about kids? My son might be with me he is 4.