Ordering chapter bumper stickers

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2005, 05:42 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ordering chapter bumper stickers

We have our chapter logo down, and approved, now its time to look into bumper stickers I was just wondering how other chapters went about doing it. For the size of our chapter, we should be good to start with 50 stickers. It would be about $1.30 apiece. Do I order them now, and sell to members? Have members place there orders now, and buy in bulk when we get enough $$$? Do I sell for profit to put into the chapter treasury (which we don't have ATM)? What red tape should I be on the look out for, besides getting permission from Webmaster?

Incase others are looking for someplace to order stickers, I'm considering this place http://www.makestickers.com/

Old 05-30-2005, 06:56 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
e have our chapter logo down, and approved, now its time to look into bumper stickers

I was just wondering how other chapters went about doing it.

For the Alberta chapter we have 2 options,

1) I pay for them upfront & take orders.

2) Cody (Mustange69) puts up the bucks & takes orders.

Sadly we do not have an executive for either a BC/Alberta chapter or seperate chapters.

Cody as the leader needs to get people together in Alberta so that anything official or financial needs executive intervention as there could be a profit margin for the stickers which will need to be placed in the cahapter coffers

For the size of our chapter, we should be good to start with 50 stickers.

IMO, bad Idea, you will need at least 100 or even more like 250 -500 as the chapter grows

It would be about $1.30 a piece.

Here in Alberta , They can be had for about $0.80 canadian if you order enough of them

Do I order them now, and sell to members? Have members place there orders now, and buy in bulk when we get enough $$$?

Do I sell for profit to put into the chapter treasury (which we don't have ATM)?

I think I touched on all these questions

What red tape should I be on the look out for, besides getting permission from Webmaster?
There are others besides the Webmaster that deals with Chapter operations

First thing to do is to elect a Chapter leader & then an executive

Old 05-30-2005, 08:49 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
A rich man i am not. . .

If I'm ponying up the dough up front, we might have to stick with 50 the first time Well, we may have to work something out between members. What exactly does the executive do? And who exactly holds onto any profit? I'm guessing that would be the job of the treasurer? Besides Webmaster, you, and Torque1st, who else can help with the chapters? As for chapter leader, I've been interim leader since Tomcat left us. AND there was only one leader nomination (4 times). Not much of a vote, lol. But, if I have too, I will rattle the cage

Thanks

Old 05-30-2005, 09:08 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I had requested that you be made chapter leader about 3 weeks ago.

I'll put the order in again

Old 05-30-2005, 09:14 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Oh, Oky doky. I had no idea

Thanks a million. . .Mil1ion

Old 07-11-2005, 08:16 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Have you checked out the threads concerning chapter stores? If you submit your logo, in the proper sizes, you can have stickers, shirts, and numerous other items available to your members. Check out www.cafepress.com . That's where a number of chapters have their stores. Or check out www.cafepress.com/hpdrifters . That's the store for the High Plains Chapter. I can answer a lot of your questions about the place, since I set up our store and continue to maintain it. You have nothing to keep on hand, no cash outlay and people can order what they want...as they want. PM me or email me if you have any questions.
Also..as mil1ion said... get the president and the group formed, decide if you want to make a profit, set up a proper bank account. I made my store NON-profit to simplify taxes, etc.

Old 07-11-2005, 08:33 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Yes I have! Very neat idea, and I will be implementing it soon after our second, at least local meet. I'm still doing this first major order to keep costs down, ie. 90 cents vs. nearly 3 bucks per sticker. Theres a few people who want 10+, I want them to be able to afford them

As for offices, Leader/executive/president all mean the same thing to me, so I quess I'm missing something

I'll be sure to PM you when I have any questions about setting up the store, I know I will have plenty

Thanks!

Old 07-14-2005, 09:54 AM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Franken ... I think the other officers of the chapter you need to look for are a secretary, treasurer, etc. Get hold of F2504X4. He can help you out a lot on club matters.

Old 08-01-2005, 03:19 AM
parks911
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Fordlover55
You have nothing to keep on hand, no cash outlay and people can order what they want...as they want.
So the place you mention automatically prints what people buy & ships it to them.

You touch none of the merchandise yourself?

Old 08-01-2005, 01:38 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by parks911
So the place you mention automatically prints what people buy & ships it to them.

You touch none of the merchandise yourself?
Yes, It is the easiest way to get stuff to your members, the quality is very good . i have ordered t-shirts ,coffee mugs and calenders from them. the only problem is that some of the shirts are not avaible in 3x and 4x sizes.

they take payPal, credit cards, and money orders.