S. California Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Desperately need help to build a Gas Station!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 12:42 PM
cashwizard
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Desperately need help to build a Gas Station!!

Hi everyone! I just joined, but I am highly impressed by incredibly fast paced interaction, which goes on in this forum! I desperately need some help and advice to build a Gas Station in LA. I want to set up a fully functional Gas Station with gas pumps (along with a Convenience Store) on my M1-1 zoned lot in LA downtown by the LA Convention Center. I acquired this property in the latter part of the last year. Currently, this place is a Mechanic Shop with a cell-phone tower. This lot used to be a gas station in eighties & earlier, therefore, the permits from the Planning Department would not be an issue.

Does anyone know what type of resources, websites, agencies, designers, architects, and builders would have to be contacted, and how to go about doing this project successfully with the least amount of capital in the shortest time?!

Any type of feedback and advice will be highly appreciated!!

Old 05-27-2005, 03:33 PM
Dannoverlay
New User
You would need an archtect to design a new building if you plan on building one. Get the plans approved and proper permits. If there is old tanks in the ground they need to come out with new tanks in place of them. I am sure a contractor could give you an estimate. I wish I could say I would designe it for you but I am only an architecture student at this point.

Old 05-27-2005, 04:04 PM
cashwizard
Senior User
You sure have a talent!!

Hi Dannoverlay!

Yes, I have been to the Planning & Permit Departments and fortunately, here in LA, they are very favorable! I have also talked to a few Architects. Do you know any companies which specialize in the removal of underground tanks? If you know any websites or other resources, please let me know!!

Old 05-28-2005, 12:46 AM
edsf100
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do you have a ford truck to put gas in?

Old 05-28-2005, 08:40 AM
cashwizard
Senior User
Talking Ford Truck

Not yet..because I'm still dreaming about getting me top of the line Ford truck....which one would that be? In the mean time you & your buddies are welcome to bring your trucks for $1.99 a gallon!!

Old 06-03-2005, 12:15 AM
watersurgeon
Mountain Pass
Due a google search on "California Gas Station Tank Removal" most of your answers will be there.

Your also going to have to have a substantial amount of cash available for a build out on this type of project. Gas Stations are not cheap due to the amount of ground work required.

Your also going to have to either negotiate a franchise permit with one of the big oil companies, ie chevron, mobil, etc... or go as an independent.

Also when you purchase your gas you pre pay your order, debit from your account at the time you place your order, another reason you need to be cash rich.

Good luck.

Old 06-06-2005, 04:41 AM
cashwizard
Senior User
Talking

Originally Posted by watersurgeon
Due a google search on "California Gas Station Tank Removal" most of your answers will be there.

Your also going to have to have a substantial amount of cash available for a build out on this type of project. Gas Stations are not cheap due to the amount of ground work required.

Your also going to have to either negotiate a franchise permit with one of the big oil companies, ie chevron, mobil, etc... or go as an independent.

Also when you purchase your gas you pre pay your order, debit from your account at the time you place your order, another reason you need to be cash rich.

Good luck.
Yes, Google unquestionably, has been my master resource to find the answers to a lot of my questions and it had some great links for the underground gas tank removal as well, as suggested by you!

Ok..so, if I decide to go independent, what steps would I have to take to accomplish this task in conjunction with building a Convenience/Liquor Store?
Feedback from anyone, who has some kind of experience in this arena would be certainly helpful!!

Old 06-06-2005, 10:38 PM
watersurgeon
Mountain Pass
Old 06-08-2005, 02:01 AM
cashwizard
Senior User
Thumbs up Great Links!

watersurgeon,

Thank you for an excellent research and incredible web links !!!