Indiana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:

Receiver dealer/installer?

Old 05-13-2005, 05:32 PM
ConnertuckyF150
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Receiver dealer/installer?

I'm wanting to replace the bumper hitch, on my '91 F-150, with either a Class II or Class III receiver. This will be for sometime in the future, when I'm able to buy some sort of open trailer, to be able to haul my other toys ('66 Falcon Club Wagon, '80 Pinto wagon, '72 BMW 2002), whenever it's necessary.

I live in Connersville, but wouldn't be beyond driving to Richmond, Rushville, Shelbyville or eastside Indianapolis for this.

*edit: Knightstown or Greenfield are on my way to Indy, or what about New Castle?

Matt

Last edited by ConnertuckyF150; 05-13-2005 at 05:34 PM. Reason: additional query information
Old 05-14-2005, 10:33 PM
Streetcruzer
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Matt: Why dont you pick one up and install it yourself? The holes are usually already drilled into the frame, usually 4 bolts per side to torque down and the receiver is set to go! The wiring harness usually has a plug that you connect in your truck harness (No splicing) This could save you quite a bit of money and time at shop. If you keep your eyes open, some times you can find one on a broken down or wrecked truck. Strong possibility a member here has one! Have it sandblasted and painted, Big savings! Check this >SITE< out for some comparison!

Just an idea,
Cruzer

Last edited by Streetcruzer; 05-14-2005 at 10:50 PM.

Search this Thread