Is It True???

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 09:20 AM
460429_freak
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Is It True???

that the lye we are supposed to use in boi diesel also one of the key ingredents in meth? I got real funny looks when I went to the store looking for lye...

Old 05-03-2005, 09:57 AM
samickguy15
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lye

You are correct on that fact. You might be able to contact some chemical or soap companies to aquire the (Sodium or Potassium Hydroxide) lye that you need. I was able to get a quart paint can of the stuff a couple years back. If you imply that you're doing it for personal experiment or research purposes then they are usually willing to donate.

Best of luck.

Old 05-03-2005, 09:02 PM
whowey
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep, the junkies usually use Sodium Hydroxide in the form of drain cleaner.

I worked for a chemical Company at the time, and I got mine from one of our vendors.

Old 05-07-2005, 09:29 PM
furball69
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The stuff we used on the rig came in 50# bags and was labelled 'Caustic Soda Beads' and said it was 'food grade'. The only thing I've seen sodium hydroxide as an ingredient in was chocolate chip cookies.

Look on the net for chemical suppliers; I'm sure you'll find the right deal.

Old 05-22-2005, 03:04 PM
bodabdan
Fleet Mechanic
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't know how the meth situation is in your area but I hope it's better than here. There is a list that must have 50 or more industrial chemicals on it, and they post this list at most stores around here. The store is supposed to report certain transactions/attempted transactions to the police. You can't even find "strike anywhere" matches around here, and some veterinary products are no longer available to the public.
In order to prevent any misunderstandings i would say that those ingredients should be the last thing you acquire and you should be able to account for them if that day should come. I have a friend who was visited by the police and they wanted to know about some horse medecine he had purchased. He was able to show it to them and they realized that he was not doing anything illegal, but what if he had not been able to account for it?

Old 05-28-2005, 10:07 AM
Torque1st
Posting Legend
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
Hehe, go to the police station and ask them where to get sodium or potassium hydroxide and tell them what you are using it for. They probably know every source around your area. The food grade material is probably more pure than you need and higher cost. But then because it is used in bulk it may be cheap, -who knows...

Old 06-20-2005, 11:19 AM
460429_freak
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by bodabdan
I don't know how the meth situation is in your area but I hope it's better than here. There is a list that must have 50 or more industrial chemicals on it, and they post this list at most stores around here. The store is supposed to report certain transactions/attempted transactions to the police. You can't even find "strike anywhere" matches around here, and some veterinary products are no longer available to the public.
In order to prevent any misunderstandings i would say that those ingredients should be the last thing you acquire and you should be able to account for them if that day should come. I have a friend who was visited by the police and they wanted to know about some horse medecine he had purchased. He was able to show it to them and they realized that he was not doing anything illegal, but what if he had not been able to account for it?
honestly my county is #1 in meth I belive..joy joy...but I got lucky on the methonal the local farm supply sells it for race cars and I have race at the local track for 4 years so the methonal is okay now just to find the lye in big quanity I'm going to mount my bio system on a trailer so I can move it in and out of my barn...