Illinois Chapter Join Chapter Leader: wpnaes

Legislative Alert - PLEASE READ and ACT

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 09:07 AM
Fastronald
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Legislative Alert - PLEASE READ and ACT

H.B. 25 is a bill designed to further restrict inoperable collector vehicles. It has been introduced by Illinois State Represative Dan Brady - his e-mail addy is dan at repdanbrady.com. H.B. 25 would give local authorities an inordinate amount of power to determine the disposition of collector vehicles. It would make it virtiually immpossible for Illinois hobbists to maintain an inoperable motor vehcile on your private property. It walks all over your rights.
Contact Dan Brady at dan at repdanbrady.com and politely express your concern over his deisre to restrict or emilinate your right to enjoy your hobby!

Thanks! Fastronald - Illinois Chapter Leader

Last edited by Fastronald; 05-03-2005 at 09:09 AM.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:00 PM
whowey
Senior User
I don't think this turkey has much life left in her. No Co-sponsors at this time, and we know how much legislators like the sight of their names on bills. Plus it has been kicked back to the original committee.

But, burying the sponsor under a pile of e-mail, is pretty fun.

I have to say I am suprised that he is from Central IL, I would expect something like this from one of King Daley's servants.

Old 05-04-2005, 11:25 AM
Fastronald
Elder User
Dan

Old Dan seems no better or worse than the rest of our elected officials.
(Dan at rep-danbrady .com) I do not expect to hear a reply from him at all.
Between gov. gobbledegook and Lord Dailey I expect nothing meaningfull.

Old 05-04-2005, 05:15 PM
whowey
Senior User
Some of the reps are better than others, a notable one is Rep. Steve Watson. He is the Rep. for the 97th district. He has been a supporter of opening more land for Off-Roading. The 97th district contains RockPort Offroad Park.

Old 05-07-2005, 05:56 PM
JohnT
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

I wish Representatives like Dan Brady would mind their own business and leave the collector car/car restoration hobbyists alone. Hopefully this bill is about dead, as whowey said. I do intend on sending Brady an email letting him know that I DO NOT support H.B.25. I used to have a subscription to Hemmings Motor News, and every month they had a section talking about the new bills in legislation that would make things difficult for collector car hobbyists. Some of the stuff was pretty scary!

Old 06-23-2005, 10:12 PM
whowey
Senior User
UPDATE: This dog still lays in the rules committee, and hasn't picked up a co-Sponsor yet.

In regular people speak, no other Rep, has stuck their name on it, and it sits in a committee waiting to die. So basically No News is Good News.

Old 06-23-2005, 10:22 PM
Spaznaut
Posting Guru
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Most bills like this aren't targeted to the hobbist but to the junk man with umpteen old vehicles in his yard that are unsightly and bring down value around em. Saw an old trailer that had a bunch of old vehicles on it the other day and knew this guy wasn't a hobbist but a lazy slob. (Overgrown yard and trash everywhere) This is what most bills and laws like this are targeted at. But ya never know when they may look your way...

There was an article on AOL about in ?Illinios? that the Supreme Court declared the city could take property just because the city could get more taxes and add jobs by letting a private developer get it. This isn't government getting the land for highways and such as it's always been but a private company that flexes wealth and influence to the government officials who decide what can be taken.
Now that's scary stuff.

Old 06-25-2005, 08:52 AM
fellro86
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
While the original intention is to clean up slobby messes, it usually ends up getting abused by some crusading idiot that wants to clean up the whole state to their standards, which is supposedly to have evyrthing pristine and perfect... not parts cars or dilapidated projects allowed. Laws of that nature have a nasty tendency to be perverted into more than the original intention.

Old 06-25-2005, 09:02 AM
Beechkid
Received 207 Likes on 159 Posts
I worked for a jurisdiction one time that used an abandoned vehicle ordinance to confiscate restoration projects parked inside enclosed garages. They even made us impound a 66 mustang that was parked in a driveway, covered with a car cover...even though it was hosed off, no spider webs, etc....because the mayor just didn't like vehicles parked in driveways......even tried to ammended a local ordinance to make it a citation to park in your own driveway overnight.