S. California Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Anyone Interested In A Super Duty 4x4 Truck Club?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 06:45 PM
4x4turboterror
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone Interested In A Super Duty 4x4 Truck Club?

hey guys i have not been a member of fte here for long but i figured, id give this a shot. i have always been into car clubs and bike clubs, but now that i have my f250 4x4, i was wondering if some others would be interested in doing a few meets here and there for fun, possibly a camping trip maybe a trip to azusa for a day of mudding? everyone who is interested let me know, and we can all put the ideas together for some group meetings. also give your ideas and thoughts and we will work it from there !

Old 06-02-2005, 12:37 AM
strokinit
Senior User
If you are interested in a Powerstroke club, check out SoCAPs.com
They have Super Duty Strokers that get together and do things like Azusa Canyon.

Old 06-12-2005, 05:02 AM
99bajakid
Senior User
Thats awesome! i'd love to be a part of a Superduty club.

Old 06-19-2005, 02:23 AM
4x4turboterror
Senior User
where are you located? i want to get this started

Originally Posted by 99bajakid
Thats awesome! i'd love to be a part of a Superduty club.

Old 06-19-2005, 04:02 AM
99bajakid
Senior User
In the san diego area, poway to be exact.

Old 06-19-2005, 11:03 AM
watersurgeon
Mountain Pass
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A little heads up on making a successful club, from someone that has started several Hot Rod clubs over the years. In fact search this forum, I have had a few posts in the past regarding this.

First SOCAPS is a great club, as I am also a member of that, and when I can attend there gatherings I enjoy them. However it has its limitations, because of its geographic area it encompasses.

The clubs which I have founded in the past were specific to an area and had a weekly meeting point. That is the only way to have a truly successful club. They also were well organizied, bylaws, elected officers, club logos, shirts, etc... They had monthly events, were part of car shows, and did some type of annual charity work. They also were incorporated as non-profit orginizations, which provides some cushion of liability against the club members if something should happen at an event, be it sponosered or attended. (ie, the charity event) They also carried liability insurance as additional protection.

If you thing the last two items are extreme for a club all give you a little example of a NPO, (Non Profit Orginization) I belonged to in the mid 80's. Each chapter of this NPO was responsible for there own inc, and insurance requirements. One of the chapters was more interested in being part of a local softball league and not part of the what the overall NCO was about. After one of their games they did the customery pizza gathering and one of the members got wasted and drove home, went through an intersection and killed some people. When the lawyers got into it, they found that the NCO was without inc. status and had no liability insurance. The next course of action is they included every member of the club as a defendent in the case, even the ones that were not part of the softball team. The plaintiffs won. Many of those NPO members lost there homes, due to the fact that there home owners liability had clauses against blanket coverage in a lawsuit of this magnitude.

Frankly, I think SOCAPS would be an even better club if it had local chapters specific to an area however, I don't see that every happening due to the amount of man power required to pull that off and the design of the group. However its still a great group.

I would on the other hand be willing to start an Orange County club, or even more targeted to South Orange County, if any one is interested. I have all the leg work on the fundementals of a club done, its a matter of starting the ball rolling.

Old 06-19-2005, 01:19 PM
4x4turboterror
Senior User
well lets put our heads together sometime, id like to help get the ball rolling if you need the help. private message me with your info and we will go from there.