let's not all post at once!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 11:30 AM
ranger240
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
let's not all post at once!!!

hahaha

what things would you all like to do this summer? I was thinking a good afternoon or full day of carting down by the canadian river on I-35 at the go cart track. the cost (so I was told) is $30/hour. if we get a good day with few people there, that equals about 40 laps or more (about 60 for me, 'cause I am tha masta cart king!!)

a BBQ (where WE do the cooking, because my bbq joint ticked me off) at the lake, park, someones house, a parkinglot I don't care. I have a portable awning.

possibly a fishing trip, or a cruize from here to there.

the Ford Truck supernats will be stopping in either elk city or el reno (I forget which). we could jump out there and join the fun.

does anyone have a pool? or a pool table?

I know this sounds like it is a "central only" post but anyone who wants to join the fun is more than welcome and if needed I am sure one could host a few outatowners for a night.

I will be off work for the last 2 weeks of april (YAY!!!) and don't have any REAL plans, so I am considering rebuilding some part of my truck, lets make it a meet, or atleast have a few of yous guys come out and lend a hand/stand around and BS/have a cold one (beer or pop as you'd have it), I'll make tea.

lets hear your opinions....and (not to sound rude) please keep the indecission to a minimum

_Ken

Old 03-28-2005, 04:06 PM
rogerf100
Elder User
Classic Auto Parts on I35 in Moore usually has a car show in April. I saw some nice classic trucks there before. I have not seen a date for this year yet.

Also there is a hotrod show at the OKC fairgrounds. I think they moved it to spring time vs the hot summer weather in July. I'll watch the newspaper for dates.
Just a couple of ideas.

Old 04-01-2005, 02:33 PM
rogerf100
Elder User
Just checked the event schedule. The Southwest Streetrod Nationals will be at the state fair park from April 15 -17. I will be with my family greeting the arrival of our second grandson.

The car show at Classic Auto Parts is on April 17.

Last edited by rogerf100; 04-01-2005 at 02:39 PM.
Old 04-01-2005, 06:13 PM
SwOkcOffRoader
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey isnt the streetrod nationals the one where everyone cruises meridian??? if it is, may i suggest that we have a meet in one of the parking lots along that strip on saturday the 16th, everyone can eat beforehand and load up the coolers with whatever you drink and look at the cars and trucks go by......theres a big parking lot at sw 29th and meridian where most of the cruisers turn around so we could see alot of the rides out there...it would also be a good place to line the Fords up and possibly attract some new members.......just a thought, everyone think about it and get back to me..........

Old 04-01-2005, 10:35 PM
ranger240
Elder User
Brian, I htink they are really cracking down on crewsers and spectators.....I am for it though.....what can they do, tell us to leave? well that and possibly ticket us for loitering, and consuming alcohol in public (if one should be doing so). I personally would like to just pay the admission and see the show and get in and talk to the people about their rides and what they've done. then we can find a good place to watch them all leave after the end of the day.

as for the Classic Auto show, I will be working on saturday, and unless they move the schedule at work ahead ALOT I wouldn't be able to make that one either.

I hate my schedule......

Old 04-05-2005, 09:27 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Hey there,

Just wanted to check in with everybody. I know I've not posted much lately, and for that I want to appologize. Right now, there are many things that have come up lately that need a high amount of attention... from buying a house to crunch time for college. Please don't misunderstand, I've not put the Chapter on the back burner or anything... it's just not on the front anymore (hehe... does this even make sence??).

Anyways, bare with me... come summer time, you wont be able to get rid of me.

STan

BTW: When does everybody want to have a lake gtg???

Old 04-05-2005, 10:05 PM
OKMIC1
Elder User
Originally Posted by rogerf100
Just checked the event schedule. The Southwest Streetrod Nationals will be at the state fair park from April 15 -17. I will be with my family greeting the arrival of our second grandson.

The car show at Classic Auto Parts is on April 17.
Perfect, I'm going fishing in Missouri that weekend.

Yes, I know there's fish here in Oklahoma too, but my family's cabin is on Table Rock. Gotta spend that quality time with the folks when I can.

Old 04-16-2005, 05:54 PM
HOWiseJR
Junior User
after checking out hotrod national at the fairgrounds, now i know why it so hard to find old cars, in the salvage yards. and a lot of the hotrods were never driven as cars before they became street or hotrods. but still they sure was great to hear and look at. was a nice saturday morning for walking around. take care,howard