Utah Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Nichalicious

I absolutely hate our weather

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 09:09 PM
mjwhip2
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I absolutely hate our weather

Ok, here I was expecting my side drive to be poured this week. The guy came over Tuesday and started working on the area leveling it, setting up forms, and all that jazz. He was originally going to pour the concrete Wednesday morning, but came to me Tuesday afternoon and said the weather wasn't looking to favorable for Wed evening into Thursday, and wanted to know if I had any objections to waiting until weather clears up. Of course I said no, I want it done right (which is why I'm not doing it in the first place). I was thinking it was no big deal because, at the time, Wed-Thur was the only possibly bad days in the forcast. Now I look at the weather Sat, Sun, and Tue through Friday shows chance of rain. I'm kicking myself for not having the guy come out last week and getting it done. But oh well, it'll get done eventually won't it? The finicky weather can't last too long.
So anyway, anyone going to the Sportsmans expo this weekend? The wife and I will more than likely head down there around noon on Saturday. Maybe we'll see some of you there.
Talk to you later

Old 03-18-2005, 09:52 AM
CobraXP
Logistics Pro
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Imagine my surprise to wake up this morning to 3" of snow...

I had a few projects this weekend I had planned that needed the dry weather also. Looks like thats a done deal. We are trying to get things situated to head up to the show tomorrow also. I'll call you in the morning and let you know....

Old 03-18-2005, 11:19 AM
mistakenID
Posting Guru
You just have to keep reminding yourself that we have 2 seasons here....winter and construction. You are just a bit early for construction season

Old 03-18-2005, 12:19 PM
mjwhip2
Elder User
Originally Posted by CobraXP
Imagine my surprise to wake up this morning to 3" of snow...

I had a few projects this weekend I had planned that needed the dry weather also. Looks like thats a done deal. We are trying to get things situated to head up to the show tomorrow also. I'll call you in the morning and let you know....

Snow!? We just got a little rain up here. Plus its already 48 degrees (11am). My concrete guy is out there right now finishing up the forming. Just told me pour 1 on monday and pour 2 on tuesday. Keeping my fingers crossed.
I think we are pretty much set to go tomorrow, but the boss(wife) hasn't confirmed plans. Supposed to be going to my parents tonight for a belated St Patricks dinner (both my dad and I had to work last night). So tomorrow morning might be pretty rough to get going.

Originally Posted by mistakenID
You just have to keep reminding yourself that we have 2 seasons here....winter and construction. You are just a bit early for construction season
Ain't that the truth. It seems as though every time I need to do something outside it turns back to winter. Or at least it rains. When I was putting in my mowstrip under my fence it seemed as though it rained. but oh well

Talk to you all later

Old 03-23-2005, 05:03 PM
CobraXP
Logistics Pro
I really wish the weather would clear up or something. I'm getting that spring fever....

Old 03-24-2005, 02:24 PM
mistakenID
Posting Guru
Talking

Originally Posted by CobraXP
I really wish the weather would clear up or something. I'm getting that spring fever....
I have spring fever......year round. When asked about the weather I usually tell people it's clear and still.......clear up to yer butt and still comming down

Old 04-20-2005, 04:48 PM
mjwhip2
Elder User
Well the weather finally cleared up enough to get my driveway poured. Theres one project done. Still working on mudding and taping the kids playroom. Can't seem to get motivated enough to finish it. I am down to putting the finish coat on though. Almost done. I guess the yard is next. Never ends does it.

Old 04-20-2005, 05:19 PM
CobraXP
Logistics Pro
Glad you got the slab poured. I've got to stop by and get brake pads and bearings for the X tonight on the way home. Get the brakes and suspension done hopefully tonight and tomorrow night - then get the safety, emmissions, and tag Friday. One more problem out of the way...

I am hoping the weather breaks soon. I've still got a 75'x21' slab to pour, along with a load of gravel and a load of dirt to get done. Then the wife can plant until her heart is content...

Once the slab is in, I can start drawing out my plans for a garage in the back...

Old 04-24-2005, 11:19 PM
skybob
Freshman User
I have been fighting the stupid weather for sooo long trying to get all the panels off my truck and swaping them. I was trying to get a good week of clear weather cause I don't have a garage to work in but I just gave up and my buddy hooked me up with his shop.

Old 04-29-2005, 11:55 AM
Dett
Junior User
No better here in the south. I live about 40 miles outside of St. George at about 5400 ft. I have been trying to get my foundation for our new home in for a month. Finally, did last week between rain and snow storms. Now it is a muddy mess and don't know when I will be able to start framing.
Dett

Old 04-30-2005, 11:04 AM
R Rocks
Senior User
It`s that old take, just as soon as you try to do something mother nature takes over, on the up side the dry farms up here are doing well and are ponds are full. Check this out we will be getting married out on the front porch end of may.... Got to love it

Old 04-30-2005, 03:11 PM
mjwhip2
Elder User
Well then, congrats R. What day? My anniversary is the 30th of May.
Hopefully your porch is covered, because, well you know.

Old 04-30-2005, 07:41 PM
R Rocks
Senior User
The porch is under cover, still I cant help but wonder at this point. The big day is May 28, rain or shine. I plan on moving all my toys out of the garage just in case.