Utah Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Nichalicious

Finally at home for a week or so...

Old 03-14-2005, 10:07 AM
CobraXP
Logistics Pro
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Finally at home for a week or so...

FINALLY!!!!

I finally get to stay home for more than a weekend! I haven't been so glad to be at home in a long time. Travelling for work is getting old....

Anything going on around here?

Old 03-14-2005, 04:08 PM
mjwhip2
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad to see you could take some time out of your busy schedule to "slum". Not much happening around here other than Ken adding some new benifits for ClubFTE members. Although I still can't get in the Members only forum. I'm sure they are having a ball there without me (could be they would like to keep it that way, hmm)
Now at home that is another story. I have about 10 projects that I am in the middle of. Speaking of which, how are you at mudding and taping (drywall). Hey, that sounds like a good idea. Get together at Mikes. I'll supply the beer and pizza. You guys do the work. I'll also supervise.
Getting a side drive poured tomorrow, and a water softener, and I'm in the middle of adding vinyl slats to the fence, working on the truck, etc...
Got the ugly white shell off the truck. It's sitting in the garage waiting on "someone" cough, Dave, cough, to come paint it .
Anyway, good to have you back.
Mike

Old 03-14-2005, 04:34 PM
CobraXP
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by mjwhip2
Glad to see you could take some time out of your busy schedule to "slum". Not much happening around here other than Ken adding some new benifits for ClubFTE members. Although I still can't get in the Members only forum. I'm sure they are having a ball there without me (could be they would like to keep it that way, hmm)
Try the link to the right that says 'FTE Support'. It sends an email to Ken letting him know you're problem. I'll get Dennis to check it out also.

Now at home that is another story. I have about 10 projects that I am in the middle of. Speaking of which, how are you at mudding and taping (drywall). Hey, that sounds like a good idea. Get together at Mikes. I'll supply the beer and pizza. You guys do the work. I'll also supervise.
No problem - I gotta learn sometime. Rather learn on your walls than on mine...

Getting a side drive poured tomorrow, and a water softener,
That is coming for me around the end of April. 75'x21' slab in the back. Hopefully I'll have the softener done by then.

working on the truck, etc...
Got the ugly white shell off the truck. It's sitting in the garage waiting on "someone" cough, Dave, cough, to come paint it .
Tell me when. I can Krylon with the best of them...

Anyway, good to have you back.
Mike

I'l be in town for 3 weeks, then gone again - just not on business. Finally get to go get the X and bring it back to SLC. I'll be glad when it gets here - I'm running out of room for all the parts that are building up for it.

The only thing I have planned before now and then is the weekend of the 26th. We bought new furniture at RC Willeys, and they are delivering it that day. Other than that, let me know....

Last edited by CobraXP; 03-14-2005 at 04:38 PM.
Old 03-14-2005, 04:56 PM
mjwhip2
Elder User
You know, I have an explorer at home also. If you need somewhere to "store" the parts I'll be more than happy to hang on to them for you. What motor did you end up going with?
Don't worry about going to Ken or Dennis about the members forum. They said they need to add all members one at a time so I guess I can wait. Thanks anyway.
Any plans on going to the Sportsmans Expo? We're thinking about heading out but it is still up in the air. Who knows? I'll let you know either way.
Mike

Old 03-14-2005, 05:30 PM
CobraXP
Logistics Pro
I would like to go to the Sportsman Expo. Let me know about it...

The engine fiasco..... Too much to type, but basically I am going back with an OEM engine I had with 400 miles on it, Comp Cam, the Eaton, MSD, injectors, etc, etc. It won't be as strong as I originally wanted, but it should still put me well over 300hp. There were just too many things that happened during this and I finally gave up and just wanted it done and back in my garage. My plans for hte X have changed, so this was the best solution...

I'll have a lot of parts left over when all is said and done. You'll have to come out to the house and pick them up for your X...

Old 03-14-2005, 06:15 PM
mjwhip2
Elder User
Only 300hp? My Civic makes that, almost. Well, 300 is a multiple of what I make.
About the sportsmans expo, I just talked to the boss. Looks like were probably going Saturday. Need to find a babysitter though. Wouldn't that be fun, dragging a 5yo and a 3yo around the place.
I'll let you know for sure tonight or tomorrow.
Mike