Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Resigning as Chapter Leader

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 07:28 PM
Tomcat7742
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Resigning as Chapter Leader

hey guys, I'm sorry to say this but due to personal reasons I am being forced to resign as Chapter Leader. These reasons have nothing to do with the fine people at FordTrucks.com or Motorhaven.com. Instead, these reasons deal with part of my personal life that is forcing me to abandon most of my internet portals.

I will still come by and post on the board, I will just no longer be able to do it in a public role. I will end up having to change my screen name and private information, but you all who know me will know who I am.

I wish there was someone that I could appoint as an interm leader but there does not seem to be anyone with enough time to take on the job. As a matter of fact I should have never taken it myself due to my hectic work schedule and I regularly work the weekend, especially during the warm months of the year.

I do appoligize.

Thank You,
Christopher

Old 02-23-2005, 09:49 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Buh. .Huh. .What....? Dude, it sounds like your going into protective custody, your not in any trouble are you? Are you still going to show up at our meetings? You know, when they start happening Glad I got to meet you before this happened, your a pretty cool guy. Best of luck to you and whatever the future brings. . . . sounds like to much of a good bye, just be sure to keep in touch as best as possible

As for interm leader, what does the role entail? I do have some time late at night (as busy as my day is, I still make time to surf). As long as it isn't a second job, I don't mind taking the wheel till we have another election.

Old 02-23-2005, 11:28 PM
fordguy21
Senior User
sorry to hear that you are resigning as chapter leader,

I don't mind taking the wheel till we have another election.
If you are willing to take on the role as chapter leader until we vote on one later, I 2nd your nomination as you FRANKEN-TRUCK, being our chapter leader.

Old 02-25-2005, 08:43 AM
stutterstan
Senior User
WOW, didn't see that one coming!!

Old 02-25-2005, 09:41 AM
Cavalryman
New User
Chapter Leader Election Meeting

If I understand the chapter rules correctly for FTE, we have to have an off-line meeting to elect a chapter leader. Franken-Truck has volunteered to drive the truck until a permanent chapter leader can be elected. Let's get behind him and agree upon a time and place for a chapter meeting to comply with the chapter requirements.

I am new to the FTE organization and I live a couple of hours out of the Norfolk area, but I will make the time to meet with the group if we can get an agreement.

Old 02-25-2005, 10:38 PM
fordguy21
Senior User
when this chapter was created there was a thread were we nominated someone to be chapter leader, and then somebody seconded it, and that person tomcat at the time was elected chapter leader.

I beleive we did it that way because the state is so big that it was nearly impossible to have a meeting with everybody.

I beleive this is how we should do it again. my 2 cents

Old 02-26-2005, 11:12 PM
65vamonster
Senior User
We had a meeting at my house and no one from out of the area objected so, he was in.

Old 02-27-2005, 02:10 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Alrighty then, I'm going to PM Dennis about sticking another nomination/election thread for the new president. March 15th is the "deadline" for a chapter president, and june 1st is the "deadline" for our first big meeting. If we can't get this done by the 1st of June, the chapter gets closed

Old 02-27-2005, 03:06 PM
stutterstan
Senior User
Is there something that says we have to have a "big" meeting by June 1st?

Old 02-27-2005, 05:46 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Looks left. . . Looks right. . . In my defense I don't spend to much time in the General Chapter Discusion forum. Turns out that thread is a year old, but is stickied for some reason with old dates in it So I guess we can all ignore most of my last post

EDIT ** Nomination thread is open**

Last edited by Franken-Truck; 02-27-2005 at 06:08 PM.
Old 02-27-2005, 06:56 PM
stu37d
Government Teat-sucker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi, guys. I just nominated Franken-Truck as the chapter leader over on the nomination thread. Somebody needs to second it, I guess. If he wants to hold the job as an interim leader, that should be fine. He can take the opportunity to announce that at the first big meeting. Now, that being said, we need to think about having a meeting involving everyone in the chapter. It seems like the majority of us live around the Hampton Roads area, so I'd suggest we try to meet somewhere up around NewportNews, or maybe Williamsburg... Maybe Bush Gardens?? My ship is getting ready to be underway for much of the next couple of months, so I'll try to keep up with all the news as well as I can.

As far as Tomcat's situation... well, it sounds pretty serious. I hope everything works out well for you, brother, and be sure to let us know if there is some way we can help.

Old 02-27-2005, 09:09 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster

Kings Dominion, Bush Gardens, Kerr Reservoir for a cook out and some fishing (maybe when it warms up), even renting a hotel lobby for a day if we each chip in. We could also just crash someones house again

We do need one serious State-wide meeting. Maybe plan ahead for the spring or summer, and have everyone meet in the center of the state (keep an eye out for any events out there), or somewhere that would maximise the chances of the most people showing up. Until then, it might be a good idea to split the state up into 3 regions; northerlies, westerlies, and easterlies with regional officers. Atleast that way we have met 1/3 of the chapter. Try and keep everyone involved so the chapter doesn't fall apart, and members don't become alienated. Just an idea.

**I'm gonna be absent until wednesday. Cramming for a math test **

Old 03-15-2005, 07:29 AM
RapidRuss
FE "Freakin Expensive"

The Last Thread on this was the 28th of last month?? Whats going on with the Chapter guys??? I guess I am stuck in a Fog here in the Blue Ridge??

I have been trying to play catch-up....And find out whats going on??

Russ...Down By the lake....Smith Mountain.....

Old 03-15-2005, 06:19 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
See? Thats what happens when you disapear Just kiding, we seem to be getting back on track.

-We have a thread going right now discussing where we should have our BIG state wide meeting. If you want to comment on some of the suggestions, or suggest your own, let us know! No clear direction on where its going, I'll probably just pick a couple of them and have a vote

-There is discussion about a Test In Tune drag race on April 9th in Maryland. I beleive we will have our own class, so we race each other.

-There is a chapter leader nomination thread open.

Pretty much everything thats going on right now is within the top half of the first page

Good to see you back!

Old 03-15-2005, 07:13 PM
RapidRuss
FE "Freakin Expensive"

Well Hello Steve..... I have been spending alot of time with my new Motor build...And working a 60+hr week..I read about the drags in Maryland..and that sounds great!!

Id like to find out how far outta Baltimore it is?? I may be up there anyway for HazMat training?? But I wont be driving either one of my Ford trucks...(bummer) and the stang is about 2 years from completion...

But If i am in the area..there's no doubt I would stop in and have as much beer as I could get away with..before going to the Motel and crashing!!! LOL!!

Russ

Quick Reply: Resigning as Chapter Leader