Colorado Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Hey Stinkfist...

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 02:39 PM
Mike G
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Stinkfist...

Hey Mike, does your truck run wide whites by any chance? I saw a similar described truck parked at the gas station on Santa Fe before Dartmouth on Sunday, owner chatting with another Ford'er.

--Mike G

Old 03-06-2005, 01:55 PM
stinkfist
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey man. This section is so slow that I hardly ever check it.

Thats not me with the WW's. I have a set of late model chrome Bronco wheels on mine. I will probably have a set of Crager SS's on it within a couple of weeks though.

My truck is lower in the front than the rear and needs a paint job. It is all black though. Kinda a mix between flat black and faded black. The grill is painted black and there is a huge rubber rat sitting on my dash. It also has 2 spot lights.

There seems to be a few of us around here. There was a beutiful red slick sitting up at oldies but goodies the other day. I think it was a 66. looked all stock.

Old 03-07-2005, 09:50 AM
Mike G
Postmaster
Nice... Now I know who to honk at! That oldies but goodies place has some nice rides in there, period. There is also a 66 for sale at the little corner lot on Santa Fe by the paper tiger. Kind of a beige color, not perfect but would probably make a good starter.

--Mike

Old 03-07-2005, 07:49 PM
Spudco
Senior User
Thumbs up Wow!

Stinkfist,

That is a great lookin' truck.

I've always loved the old Crager's and man they'll "get it done" on that truck!

And if it sounds as good as it looks....

Do you guys know of any good hot rod cruise-ins in the Denver area (is Hamburger Stand on Union in Lakewood still on Wed. Nights?) I'd like to check out some of these local Ford trucks and drive my stock 69 F250.

Spudco

Old 03-08-2005, 10:54 AM
Mike G
Postmaster
I believe the Hamburger stand is still a hot spot, but I haven't gone in a while. The latest addition was the Burger King at Kipling and Jewell on Friday nights. There was definitely more action in the early summer months though. A new Sonic opened at Ken Caryl and 470 towards the end of last summer, a few rides toured through there but no set activities were established.

Gene-no additional searching luck last week (lights/jack/dash pad). There were quite a few of the 67-77 bodied trucks, a few running 4-barrel FE motors, but I didn't have the right tools or the wheel barrel to haul off a manifold...

--Mike

Old 03-08-2005, 10:17 PM
stinkfist
Senior User
Originally Posted by Spudco
Stinkfist,

That is a great lookin' truck.

I've always loved the old Crager's and man they'll "get it done" on that truck!

And if it sounds as good as it looks....

Do you guys know of any good hot rod cruise-ins in the Denver area (is Hamburger Stand on Union in Lakewood still on Wed. Nights?) I'd like to check out some of these local Ford trucks and drive my stock 69 F250.

Spudco
Thanks for the Compliments. The 292 does sound sweet with the dual exhaust. it looks much better in the pic though. What you can't see from the pic is both front fenders have pretty good dents in them along with some dents and dings in the bed. There is also spots where i welded in the Body moulding holes every few inches and I havn't got the grinder to them yet. It's getting there though. I'm learning body work on this truck so it's a slow process.

I just put a locker and a set of 3.70 gears in the diff last weekend. That and the 4 barrel Holley make it move pretty good.

I don't know where the hangouts are but seems like Mike has some good sugestions.

Later,
Mike