Utah Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Nichalicious

So how was everyones weekend?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 08:36 AM
mjwhip2
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So how was everyones weekend?

Mine was pretty good. Took the wife and kids to the Monster Jam on saturday. Had a pretty good time, the kids had a ball. Should have seen the look on my oldest's (5 years old) face when Bulldozer rolled during his freestyle.
Then yesterday (sunday) we took a trip back down to SLC to go to the RV show at the expo center. Somewhat dissapointing. I was hoping for more accessories instead of having only a couple of booths set up for it. Oh well.
Mike

Old 02-21-2005, 12:55 PM
wick246
Posting Guru
Cool whip!

Mine was boring - was on call for work and money is tight so I mostly read about shackle flips and lifting options for my '79. Lots of good ideas - money to do them is still a long ways off though.

Old 02-21-2005, 01:53 PM
R Rocks
Senior User
The Week End

The Week end was a good one, fished the river near by, slept in, cleaned up the LZ. Got some $$$ back from the state and this week is only a four dayer (is that a word ) The 352 still starts up. The valve between the two tanks is going bad, smells of gas in side the cab now to just run the thing out of gas to replace it. Hope all is well on your end and we wish you the very best. Rod

Old 02-21-2005, 02:51 PM
Mntsnow
Freshman User
Worked the weekend and still working today but I have to admit I'll take the holiday pay!

Hope everyone had a good one and everyone is safe and sound!

Old 02-23-2005, 09:23 PM
85BigBlock
Senior User
weekend? what weekend. j/k Besides wrecking the Thunderbird into a train a week ago, pretty uneventful

Old 02-23-2005, 11:43 PM
mjwhip2
Elder User
Originally Posted by 85BigBlock
weekend? what weekend. j/k Besides wrecking the Thunderbird into a train a week ago, pretty uneventful
ooh, I think you need to expound on this one a little.

Old 02-24-2005, 12:43 AM
85BigBlock
Senior User
I work out near Little Mountain (way out west on 12th st in ogden). I was leaving work at 00:20, just on the main road I drive about 1/4 mile and go over an unlit RR crossing, when almost up to it I notice train cars stopped on the tracks. I slam on the brakes, ABS kicks in, realizing I wasn't going to stop on time, I cranked the wheel to the right and go offroad. I barely miss the unlit RR crossing sign on the left and a RR tie used as a fence post on the right. I clipped the train low only doing damage to the driver side fender and side marker light. I was stuck in the rocks piled up next to the tracks, realizing the train may start moving I took off the traction control and punched it, I got out of the rocks but still by the train. I got out of the car to inspect the damage and the train started moving.
What a close call. It's amazing how well the grey train cars(grain type cars) blended in with the grey of the road and the dark of the sky. All in all there was suprizingly little damage for hitting a train and I drove it home after the tow truck towed me out of the mud (60 bucks!!!)