Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Where Is Evryone

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 08:50 PM
MonsterBroncoKid
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where Is Evryone

Where has evryone gone.? there havent been hardly any new post in a while....

Old 02-17-2005, 07:38 AM
bob hare
Senior User
I was thinking exactly the same thing!

Bob

Old 02-17-2005, 08:32 AM
yomow
Elder User
Well, I'm gearing up for spring worked yesterday from 7 am - 6:35 pm I got slammed Sat. & Tues. & picked up 4 tractors yesterday, sign of things to come for me. Picked up 1 on the way to work this morning.
Don

Old 02-17-2005, 11:26 AM
wdsmithjr
Senior User
Between the family, full time job and taking over teaching 2 classes at TCC, I haven't had anytime to turn wrenches on anything lately. I only get to stop in here at lunch. Hopefully things will slow down in a couple months so I can get started on my garage.

Old 02-17-2005, 06:12 PM
Cavalryman
New User
Chapter Meeting

I cannot determine if there has been a chapter meeting previously or if it all ended just before the super bowl weekend. The meeting thread just died with no definite decisions. Has there been a first chapter meeting? If so, when and where is the next meeting scheduled?

Craig

Old 02-17-2005, 06:18 PM
stutterstan
Senior User
I agree, not many posts since we first got our own forum. Need to organize a cook-out/ something for the spring. Just my opinion. Truth be told, I can't think of many topics to post for locals, when i have car ? I post it on the main forums.

Old 02-17-2005, 06:22 PM
stutterstan
Senior User
Originally Posted by Cavalryman
I cannot determine if there has been a chapter meeting previously or if it all ended just before the super bowl weekend. The meeting thread just died with no definite decisions. Has there been a first chapter meeting? If so, when and where is the next meeting scheduled?

Craig
Hampton Roads had an "unofficial" meeting back in the Fall but nothing since then. As far as S.B. weekend I don't think anyone wanted everyone at their house, IMHO. pester our President, Tomcat, about the next meeting (hopefully soon)

Old 02-17-2005, 07:15 PM
afinepoint
Laughing Gas
What going on with the Logo voting? Is it done? Mine is the last response left in that area.

I agree it's gotten quiet around here.

As for a get-together it might be better to look for some event already scheduled and just meet there. Spring is coming and there should be alot going on soon.

Reg

Old 02-18-2005, 07:33 PM
65vamonster
Senior User
I agree all has been quiet since I tried pushing for that last meet. I haven't seen much on the radar as far as auto-related events. If the moderators allow I could post upcoming events and they could make it a sticky at the top of the page. I try to keep up on such things.

Old 02-18-2005, 08:41 PM
Rory Goggin
Senior User
Well, (and yes, this is part of why I declined a nomination for chapter leader) I'm an accountant and this is tax season. Need I say more? Unless you're a client, expect me when you see me.

Old 02-19-2005, 01:15 AM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
I spent the last week studying for a math test that didn't go quite the way I wanted it too I also have my own personal mess that I'm slowly sorting out and have spent most of my free time searching for another truck. I haven't been on the site in awhile, let alone the chapter forum
That second meeting feel apart for lack of a place to meet at. I wouldn't sweat it to much, once it warms up, we will have more options for get togethers. I went over his house anyways, just shot the breeze for a few hours. Nice guy Truck related stuff is slim to none as well. I'm building a model right now lol, a 1976 F350. Need to update my gallery pics

Old 02-19-2005, 08:05 AM
65vamonster
Senior User
A lack of place to meet at? I know my house is a wreck but I didn't realize the word had gotten out to stay away. It fell apart because no one wanted to go out in the cold.

Old 02-19-2005, 10:20 AM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Originally Posted by 65vamonster
It fell apart because no one wanted to go out in the cold.

Yes your right, the original second meeting was postponed due to cold/weather. I was talking about the ill-fated Super Bowl party. Sorry for the mix-up

I can't wait for it to warm up so I can break out the fishing gear, the cold just isn't for me. Today I have to go lay on the ground to mess with my starter again Nothing warmer than laying on a soggy patch of ground under a truck today

Old 02-19-2005, 10:46 AM
Tomcat7742
Posting Guru
I'm sorry guys, I wish there was a place I knew that we could all go to but I don't have anywhere. It's finally begenning to warm up and we can do stuff outside again here in the next month.

I've been busy at work these past couple weeks working on transfering to a new department and it's been killing me trying to get any time to myself.

- Chris

Old 02-19-2005, 05:29 PM
MonsterBroncoKid
Senior User
Talking free up some time guys

hey on the 26th of this month there is a monstertruck show up here at first mariner arena. ive already got tickets to it but if you guys are willing to make the drive its an all day event. should be a blast and what better ford truck meeteing place than a big foot showing...right?. well lemme know whats up and maybie we can make some arranagements