Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Participation suggestions...

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 05:56 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Participation suggestions...

Okay everybody, how do you suggest we go about increasing activity in OUR chapter?

What does everybody want to see? What is EVERYBODY willing to do to make those things happen??? What are YOU willing to do to see things happen?

Remember... Logos, Ethos, Pathos! This is not a pig pen, please don't turn it in to one. We CAN all be civilized. Express your thoughs/suggestions, anticipate an answer, show your credibility... know your audience... be logical.

STan

Last edited by Traxxis; 02-06-2005 at 05:59 PM.
Old 02-06-2005, 10:43 PM
dakota_viking
Elder User
OK, here's what I would like to see:

1.) Monthly regional get togethers. We have already established that not everyone has the same schedule so we can have one month fall on a weekend, the next month, a week night.

2.) 2 yearly all state get togethers. This is going to be tough, but one in the OKC area and one in the Tulsa area shouldn't be totally out of the question.

3.) If there's a car show in the area, let's show up! A couple of banners and a bunch of Ford trucks parked in an open area may just raise interest in others!

4.) Cookouts, family fun..... Let's have some fun with this and get the families involved too!

5.) An Oklahoma FTE Website! Ken and Dennis have stated that FTE will donate space for chapter websites! I think this would be a great place to keep our chapter roll, a 'wants' and 'haves' list of parts. Get together pictures and members ride photos could also be posted here. Anybody out there with web site experience?

I really believe that to make this work, one person doesn't need to do it all, but rather all of us do a little! I know I am willing to help!

There's my thoughts,

Tim

Old 02-09-2005, 04:25 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Anybody else have any suggestions???

I want to know what YOU want, and what you would like to see and recieve from this chapter.

If you were leading this chapter, how would you do it better?

STan

Old 02-09-2005, 04:56 PM
SwOkcOffRoader
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well, i think your doing a fine job considering there isnt much to work with yet. Until we can promote this site more and get more active members, the suggestions Tim mentioned above are about all we can really do at this time.Maybe im wrong so yell at me if i am.. I think its all about promotion right now and spreading the word.Like i said before, i tell anyone i see in a Ford truck about this site and our chapter. I need to get a printer so i can get a copy of the flyer Mil1on was talking about. Another good idea Tim had was having banners, or even signs that can be stuck in the ground close to were we are having a meet at. Heck, that one fellow showed up at Duffy's that one friday just because he seen a bunch of Fords, imagine if there was a sign to catch peoples eyes.......thats my 3 cents.......

Old 02-10-2005, 08:20 AM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Good suggestions so far. I agree that if we could be advertising the site with the logo that we're designing that would be a great promotion piece. I'd have mine right in the middle of my back window. Also, something else I'd like to see is everyone update and/or create a user gallery to show us yer Ford trucks/suvs. I occassionally like to look at others rides here but lately when I click on their User Gallery it comes up blank. I'll admit I haven't kept mine very updated but I'm working on it.

Hey, another thought; would some t-shirts with our chapter logo on it be tempting? I know a guy that runs a business that makes stuff like that for clothes.

Old 02-10-2005, 08:53 AM
NoMo
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Based on member locations, I'd split the state into three or four regions and appoint a volunteer to be the regional leader. Then, each region could decide on meeting locations & frequency based on the availability of that region's members. One or two "state" meetings per year could then be worked out among the leaders... with LOTS of advance notice.

Plan-Organize-Promote is the strategy to success.

Once we get more than three or four people at a meeting, we can start talking to the local Ford dealers or other merchants about sponsoring meetings & activities or caps, shirts, stickers (blah), banners, etc.

The idea of a cap or "T" with chapter logo is an excellent one. Will definitely help raise interest when seen out on the street.

Old 02-10-2005, 09:03 PM
ranger240
Elder User
I'd buy a shirt, or a hat, if they were a quality item, and not the cheapest shirt available or the old plastic mesh "trucker" ball caps.

I may suggest not worrying about how to improve, and just enjoy what we have for a while, get to know everyone, have a few BBQ's, and get together outside of the meets to create a more intimate relationship of the members. things are moving, we shouldn't rush it. I plan on getting some stuff for my truck in the coming weeks, and plan on having a project party with BBQ and beers. not to get drunk or anything, I just like beer, to drink.

I have a motor in the bed of my truck that needs torn down, maybe we could get together and do that.

Old 02-10-2005, 11:18 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Ken, I completely agree with you. Yes, we do need to work on the ones we already have to be more close-nit, but at the same time I feel we must also devote some attention to growing and becoming... dare I say maybe more professional? Not sure if that's what I'm trying to say or not. I'm going to have to think on that one for awhile... the hamster in my head is running outta juice... needs sleep.

Thanks guy's for sharing the vision.

STan

Old 02-11-2005, 02:24 AM
5356f100
Junior User
Originally Posted by ranger240
I'd buy a shirt, or a hat, if they were a quality item, and not the cheapest shirt available or the old plastic mesh "trucker" ball caps.

I may suggest not worrying about how to improve, and just enjoy what we have for a while, get to know everyone, have a few BBQ's, and get together outside of the meets to create a more intimate relationship of the members. things are moving, we shouldn't rush it. I plan on getting some stuff for my truck in the coming weeks, and plan on having a project party with BBQ and beers. not to get drunk or anything, I just like beer, to drink.

I have a motor in the bed of my truck that needs torn down, maybe we could get together and do that.

I think if you should have waited until everyone showed up for the BBQ and beer. With beer in hand and a mouthful of food, the trap would be complete to mention the motor in the back of the PU...............now everyone knows.

Last edited by 5356f100; 02-11-2005 at 02:29 AM.
Old 02-11-2005, 08:00 AM
rogerf100
Elder User
Red face

Originally Posted by ranger240

I am up for a good BBQ and engine tear down, what a concept! I have an engine stand just standing around to put it on and a fold up engine hoist to pick it up with that will fit in the back of my truck.

Old 02-11-2005, 09:08 PM
97F250HDFlatbed
Freshman User
Red face

I work at Skiatook Auto Parts. The guy that runs the place is also a Ford man. If you guys come up with a banner or sign I could hang it up so other ppl could see it. Maybe that would help some also. We have lots of die hard Ford customers, maybe can get some of them involved as well.

Old 03-21-2005, 10:51 AM
1978fordtruckgirl
Senior User
We definitely need the logo in every back window and a T or hat on every body or head. That way we can at least recognize each other and become closer as a group.