Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners Tonneau cover, caps, racks, canopies, shells, etc.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Canopy or NOT?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2005, 12:45 AM
threefiftyone
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Canopy or NOT?

My new truck came with a nice Snugtop canopy. It's even painted to match. I can't decide if I want to keep it or not. I really don't have room for it at home. So I figured I'd ask you guys what you think the pros and cons are to having a canopy.

I mean, obviously for camping purposes it's sweet, but what are some others?

Old 02-12-2005, 08:01 AM
tex94F250
Posting Guru
Do you garage your truck? Can you back into your garage to park at night. If so, attach a 2 x 8 -10' stiffner to your garage ceiling by screwing it into the floor joists or ceiling joists, depending on the style of home you have. Measure the length of you cap and make each ceiling buttress about a foot from each end. You can then attach a cable come-along about 1' wider than the cap and run the cable under the cap and lift it up higher than your bed. When you back in, you can still park the bed under it and it will be there when you are ready to re-install when needed.

Old 02-12-2005, 09:22 AM
threefiftyone
Elder User
Thanks, but no. My garage is one of those that is "too small for anything". I think I got 'er figured out